How do I remove my iPhone from the devices in Xcode? I want Xcode to basically ignore it

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by vmachiel, Jul 24, 2017.

1. vmachiel macrumors 68000

Hi,

I tried my app out on my connect iPhone. Now I want it gone from Xcode. Whatever I do, every time I open Xcode with my Phone connected I starts download and processing 3 GBs of symbol files. Any way to completely get rid of it?

Thanks!

2. bjet767 macrumors 6502a

Select a simulator as the device from the choices.

Mine only updates symbols when that is the selected device even though it's available on the list.

3. vmachiel thread starter macrumors 68000

Weird mine does it regardless. Maybe i'll just reinstall xcode when xcode 9 comes out or something.

4. bjet767 macrumors 6502a

Try selecting another device while it's updating the symbols. 3 gigs seems rather huge though. Are you using the betas or current iOS on your phone?

I've noticed whenever the OS is updated it also updates symbols.

5. vmachiel thread starter macrumors 68000

No betas. I tried everything but it keeps redownloading them no matter what I do.

6. spiffers Suspended

Xcode will scan the connected device even if it has not been added as a development device. If you don't want Xcode to scan the device, you have to disable scanning of all devices.

The "symbol" files are all logs as well, so since the device contains so mich debugging information, I would try to delete the logs so Xcode does not have to copy so much information.

7. vmachiel thread starter macrumors 68000

How do you disable general device scanning?

8. spiffers Suspended

I don't know. I would suggest asking on StackOverflow, the community is way bigger there. The MacRumors forum is tiny in comparison, and the programming sub-sections here are minuscule.

Sorry MacRumors, I love the site and forums, but thats the truth. No disrespect intended

9. vmachiel thread starter macrumors 68000

Will do!