how do "Photos" work?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zoran, Sep 18, 2016.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

I can’t understand how Photos works and manages photos. Let me go through some actions with my iPhone and if possible please explain. So iPhone is connected and i open the application. I see a huge browser of the photos that are contained in my iPhone.

1. Is it possible to move/copy those photos to a selected folder?

2. Through the import command, i guess i can transfer those pics somewhere on the Photos app folder. Where exactly would that be and how can i find those photos?

3. When i import photos to my iMac, are those photos deleted from the phone? I don’t see such a setting that enables moving them or copying!

Reason im asking for all this is because i had many photos before i got the iPhone and i already have them classified. I wish to do the same with the photos i have shot using my iPhone now.

2. Big Stevie macrumors 6502a

Big Stevie

You can create a new Album on your iPhone by pressing the + icon on the screen, then give the album a name. Go to your photos and press Select, then select the photos you want and click Add To, and choose the album you want to put them in.