iPhone XS How do you carry your Xs or Xs Max?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Luba, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Pxus macrumors newbie

Pxus

2. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

Max in front left pocket with screen facing in.

3. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

This thread is very helpful. I have an 8+ but moving to an XS/XSM or possibly the XR. I have recently started going fully naked with the 8+ and it’s liberating.

Front left pocket of jeans or shorts, possibly with leather wallet but nothing else. When vertical in back left pocket. I am right-handed but use phone with left hand. I have been using Plus for years now, since there was one.

I was sold on going smaller, to say the XS, but after about a week of naked 8+ it’s much easier to manage. I have a leather and silicone case for times when I know I will need one.

4. Deacon-Blues macrumors 6502a

Deacon-Blues

I actually carry my Max around most the time, but if it's going to be in a pocket it'll be in my front left with my wallet. Keys in the front right. I keep those two separate because they don't always play well together.

5. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

Front left pocket with the screen facing my leg and with my keys on the outer side ( I only have one office key and a car fob ). The iPhone is in an apple leather case with a screen protector. I am right handed for writing but always use phone in my left hand for some reason.

6. Shanghaichica macrumors G3

Shanghaichica

I put it in my handbag. I have a case and glass screen protector on.

7. John Yester macrumors newbie

John Yester

Front left pocket. Caseology case on Xs.

I remember the old school Blackberry Holsters with the sleep and wake function. Oh those were the days

8. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Xs MAX. Back right pocket where it has always gone. Waiting for Sena to release their case with 2 card slots in the back then I won't have to carry my wallet with me everywhere. Usually leave my wallet home if I can and take my ID and one CC with me. Now, I have an Apple silicon case and wallet and cellphone take my back pockets.

9. blwade macrumors 6502a

I carry my XS Max in my front left pocket. I have a speck clear case on it. Occasionally my work phone goes in the same pocket (hopefully this will end when duel sim is ready!). Screen always facing my leg with the top of the phone down.

I have a small card holder wallet that I keep in my right pocket with my keys.

Typically don’t carry around my AirPods - they stay home. When I do have them, they stay in my backpack.

10. Pipper99 macrumors 68020

Pipper99

Generally, I carry my XS Max (and all other past iPhones) naked in my left shirt pocket or left front pants pocket with the screen facing toward my body, nothing else in those pockets. I occasionally put the device in a black Apple Silicone case if I'm in an uncertain or physical environment (e.g., a high school football game with lots of people jostling, the gym, working in the yard).

11. dragon4ever macrumors member

Do you guys have issues with pocket lint getting inside your earpiece, speaker grill and lightning port? I always have this issue when putting my iPhone in my pants pocket.

12. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

Typically my Xs is in my front right pocket by itself. Sometimes if my phone is on a table and I pick it up to go out, I'll put in my back right pocket of my jeans. But my Xs is always, always in a pocket by itself. Keys and money clip are kept in separate pockets, especially since I just have a skin on the back of my device.

13. DevinNj macrumors 6502a

I use a sunglasses pouch to carry my phone in my pocket. Got a pack of 5 or 10 off of Amazon for a few bucks. They're micro fiber too, so I use them to wipe fingerprints/smudges from my screen also.

14. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

I haven't had this happen recently since the iPhone 6. But on my SE since the ear piece is in a groove, I have occasionally gotten pocket lint in there. Never in my speaker grill or lightning port though.

15. Scratch4 macrumors newbie

XS Max (naked) in front right pocket; keys, airpods, wallet in front left pocket.

When I'm sitting, I usually take out and hold onto the Max, or lay it down somewhere bc it's just so dang big.

16. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

No. Probably because I put the phone in upside down, so the top is where any lint might be.

17. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Yeah I get lint on the phone - but I blow it out now and then. Never had issues with lint getting in the lightning port or speaker grill. The phone goes in upside down (top down) - I've done this for the last 4 years.

18. hellfire88, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018

hellfire88 macrumors 6502

iPhone in front-left pocket with case + tempered glass screen protector (screen-side against my thigh and upside-down) - even though I'm right-handed I've been using my phone with my left hand for some reason.
    Wallet in front-right pocket
    Random store receipts in back-right pocket (I gotta stop hoarding these)
    Keys + random napkins in back-left pocket

I've tried to use the wallet cases (every time I buy a new iPhone I get a normal case + wallet case) to combine wallet + iPhone into one pocket, but the above way is how I've carried stuff for as long as I can remember, so what would I do with an spare empty pocket! Plus the wallet cases are just too thick for me.

19. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502a

BoricuaHec01

Xs Max Gold, front left pocket in a frost Caudabe ultra slim case.

20. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

I do think holsters are an American thing though lol. You’d probably raise eyebrows here in Europe as people would think it was a weapon or something lol.

They do remind of this episode of the Office :)
    [​IMG]

21. 212rikanmofo macrumors 68000

I usually just toss mine into a tote bag or put it into my crossbody bag.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

If you had to answer about 40-50 calls, over 90 texts and near 60 emails you would not want to be searching you tote bag

My customers expect a reply or they find someone else to do the work. Not easy keeping 33 employees busy.

23. 212rikanmofo macrumors 68000

That's what DND mode is for. ;)

24. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

Or a call center. When you're dealing with that volume its better to have a professional service handle the communications. Been using one myself for the last 5 years with the added benefit of 24/7 availability to my clients who operate out of different countries.

25. BugeyeSTI, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018

BugeyeSTI macrumors 68020

BugeyeSTI

I’ve noticed a lot of people mentioning they face the screen towards their body when in their pockets but, I do the opposite. My reasoning is if you have an impact and the back is facing outward and gets cracked the entire phone has to be replaced where as if you face the screen outward and it gets cracked the phone can be saved and the screen can be replaced for much less..