iPhone XS How do you carry your Xs or Xs Max?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Luba, Oct 15, 2018.

1. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

Winter time it's not an issue. Plenty of pockets. We'll see how it goes in the summer with summer attire. The max though should fit into the front pocket. Will not carry the max in the back pocket. As another poster stated, the max get's a pocket free from coins and keys.

2. mikehalloran macrumors 6502a

My Xs is in the Apple leather case in a front pants pocket away from coins and keys as well—as did my 7 Plus before that. It fits a shirt pocket ok but stretches out a knit or polo shirt more than I like. Not so bad in a woven shirt.

I like that, in the dark, the LED sits above the edge of a shirt pocket in case I have to do anything in the dark. It's good for walking down an unfamiliar driveway or some other task.

3. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

4. VMMan macrumors 6502a

Xs max in front right pocket next to iPhone 8 Plus that I also occasionally carry also next to my wallet. Sometimes I carry an external wall charger or portable battery charger in the left front pocket with my keys.

If I carry a pocket knife or multi tool, I actually toss that in the right pocket with the iPhones. I’m more concerned with my keys scratching my knife handles than the knives scratching my iPhones.

5. idgsd macrumors newbie

My XS in a special, right side, phone pocket in my Dockers, zippered (long) and non zippered (shorts). It is so convenient that I have a hard time using jeans or any other pants....

6. valleian macrumors regular

valleian

Left front pocket, with AirPods for most days, when a jacket/coat is worn, the iPhone goes alone in the left pocket.

iPhone XS in an Otterbox hard clear/blue rubber hybrid case (the one on the Apple Store).

7. Pseudo-Fed macrumors 6502

XS Max in Speck Presidio Grip case and Zagg invisible glass and with aluminum lightning port plug in left front pocket by itself--screen inward. Glock 42 or 43 in right front pocket in kydex holster by itself (obviously). Wallet left rear pocket, solo. EDC knife in right rear pocket all alone. Surefire UM2 in right leg tool pocket of carpenter jeans or cargo pocket.

8. HEK, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019

HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

At work in business attire I use a phone holster on belt left side front about 10 o’clock position under suit jacket. Keys in right front pocket, folding cash in left front pocket, wallet left rear pocket or overcoat pocket. Sig P229 on belt holster right side about 2 o’clock position under suit jacket.

When not driving limo, in jeans and shirt phone in right rear pocket, wallet left rear pocket, keys right front, folded cash left front and pistol in holster under shirt inside belt appendix carry about 1 o’clock position.

If I sit phone either in hand, car seat magnetic car dash holder or top left shirt pocket. Prefer leather holsters for both phone and pistol. XS Max

9. Luba thread starter macrumors 65816

Luba

Where do you put your keys?

Sounds like you’re right-handed like me, but you have your wallet in left rear pocket. Any particular reason it’s in the left rear pocket?
    --- Post Merged, Jan 13, 2019 ---
    Sounds like you’re right-handed like me, but you have your wallet in left rear pocket. Any particular reason it’s in the left rear pocket? Maybe I should re-think why I have my wallet in rear right pocket. Actually I’ve been told by travel tour guides to have my wallet in a front pocket, but that would mean my Xs would go to one of the rear pockets.

10. StellarVixen macrumors 65816

StellarVixen

Well, in a handbag, I don't go anywhere without it.

Same will be in the summer...

11. HEK, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019

HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

Always had wallet left rear. If I wear outer overcoat put in that coat pocket so I don’t sit on it for hours in car. Lot of times wallet goes in kit bag with other stuff sitting in front passenger seat. Sorta my office if you will. Drivers license and conceal carry license go in holder in left front pants pocket with bit of folding cash.

Keys go in other overcoat pocket in winter. In summer keys fob goes right front pants pocket.

12. Pseudo-Fed, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019

Pseudo-Fed macrumors 6502

Keys (minimal--either motorcycle or car fob plus Surefire Titan plus Gerber Dime) clipped to right front belt loop with carabiner. Occasionally keys are clipped to outside of Wilderness Tactical pack if carrying primary Glock 17 in that pack or outside of NutSac Satchel Pro if carrying iPad and tech stuff around in man bag while carrying primary Glock 19 IWB at 3:00.

Wallet in left rear pocket since I was a kid. Dad advised it so I can protect it while keeping my dominant hand free. Dad was federal law enforcement.

Edited to add: agree with wallet in front pocket. Actually if traveling I would use a belly band or something (even, gasp, fanny pack with front buckle) for front or deep carry. I stay domestic mostly so far except for cruises, etc. where I can't carry anyway, so wallet can go in front right pocket.

13. littlemidge macrumors member

littlemidge

I carry my Xs in my inside jacket pocket. If I’m not wearing a jacket, it goes in my front left pocket. I never put it in my back pocket as I worry I’ll forget about it when I sit down :p

14. seadragon Contributor

I carry my Xs Max with Apple Silicone case in my front left pocket where I’ve always carried my plus sized phones.

I used to be a fan of the Apple leather cases until I was in Florida one time and the heat/humidity caused the dye to come off of the leather and ruined my light coloured shorts I was wearing. No more leather for me.

15. white4s macrumors 68000