Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How frequently do you use 3D Touch?

• Using it daily, made it a part of my iOS experience

Votes: 68 23.0%
  • Using it daily, but only for a few specific functions

Votes: 59 19.9%
  • Still transitioning, use it when I can remember

Votes: 75 25.3%
  • Hardly use it, not convenient or efficient

Votes: 75 25.3%
  • Don't use/Turned off

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Confused, needs more instructions

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
You just reminded me it's there. I don't use it because most apps don't support it or don't support it well. Eg the stock weather app is totally useless for 3D Touch. Shows you a bunch of cities, that's all. No other information until you click again.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I mean I heard about it when I bought this 6S that I have, but I haven't seen any apps that use it...

so I'm still a little confused.

First enable it under Settings - general - accessibility- 3D Touch

Then experiment on the home screen by pressing the screen lightly on each of the icons to see if there are any options .

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
I pretty much only use it for photos. My sister sends photos of her kids and it's fun pressing and seeing the brief animations. Also nice seeing it for photos I take on trips. I think live photos are an underrated feature.

freepomme

Suspended
Oct 30, 2015
Boston, MA
Oh, I read about it online. Anybody can read about it online. I read what Apple said it was. However, the feature has virtually no support. So that caused me to become perplexed: what is 3D Touch, really?

William Wales

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2015
Los Angeles
More third party developers are starting to add this support to app icons so I'm using it even more outside of my love for app switcher.

Some of my favorites:

Email: I can quickly filter flights or packages, or frankly up to four things that I can edit within the app. Note that in not talking of Apple's mail app, but what I consider a vastly supperior app called "email" by Easilydo inc.

My weather: I can easily check weather in up to four saved locations, one of which is s Ross the world in Hungary so I can either laugh at my relatives or cry at my misfortune lol. Tons of other options here too.

Cartwheel: we shop at target at least twice a week and being able to immediate access the scanner to see if I can save more money on items in already buying is rather convenient. I can also bring up the barcode quickly, however I have that saved as a widget too, slightly faster depending what screen I'm in (generally lock screen at checkout).

Chrome/Safari: incognito/private tab viewing. Some things I just don't want to be in my history or be viewable as open tabs on other devices. This makes loading a private tab super convenient.

Fitbit: recently I've been logging my food intake as I wanted to get back to eating healthy as I let that and working out go a bit on the wayside this last winter. The app was given a facelift (beta) so this useless convenient than it once was (i.e. The app interface isnreallyngood now), but it's still quick access for manually recording. Can also log weight, water, and track an exercise.

Google maps: directions home. Unsure if you can see other saved addresses. Home is all I save because it's the only preset I'll really ever need. Don't use it all that often, but it's a nice and easy way to navigate home without fiddling with a whole lot for when I just can't/won't use Siri to direct over Apple maps.

Damn. That's a much larger list than I expected. I guess that's a good thing. :)
Thanks for sharing it.

Reactions: lordofthereef
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.