How happy are you with the 2.2 Update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anjinha, Nov 21, 2008.

?

Are you happy with the 2.2 update?

1. Extremely happy

62 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Happy

106 vote(s)
    37.6%
  3. O.K.

56 vote(s)
    19.9%
  4. Kinda disappointed

34 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. Not happy at all

24 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

So, no MMS or copy and paste or video recording... Still, are you happy with the features from the 2.2 update?

2. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

I was happy with 2.1, but i dont need any of those things people moan about so i guess i dont count!!!

3. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

I think it was a kinda pointless update, give us what we want Apple.

4. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I haven't finished downloading it yet. I'm still waiting for my phone to back up, but I definitely want to see how it is compared with 2.0 and 2.1

5. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

Had almost everything I wanted :)

Public transit directions, improvements to speed, stability, and reception.

Now I'm pretty much just waiting for push notification and it'll work just the way I want it to.

6. sara123456 macrumors member

its crap nothing really changes if your from the uk

7. thomas419924 macrumors newbie

2.2 ? was it worth it

:mad:im very dissapointed with this update not being able to forward sms or to recieve files via bluetooth whats the point apple doesnt listen if your are outside the usa so whats the point in even selling the iphone 3g outside the us if YOU ARE NOT LISTENING APPLE FOR NOW AS SOON AS MY CONTRACTS UP IM GOING TO BLACKBERRY TOUCHSCREEN FED UP WAITING FOR THE SIMPLE THINGS LIKE MENTIONED ABOVE .:mad:

8. thomas419924 macrumors newbie

9. drober30 macrumors 6502a

I believe the features like copy and past and others that people have been waiting on will be part of a bigger update showcased maybe in January.... I hope!

I don't think copy and past will come without a show, spotlights and fanfare as silly as it is.

10. pcorajr macrumors 6502

This update was more useless crap and a bad implementation of the podcast downloads.

Why the hell would they no allow me to keep a list of the podcast i am already subscribed to and allow me to download those? At least give me a way to save favorites or something along the lines? am I missing something here?

The rest is useless BS. Instead of giving us key core features that are missing on the damn phone they give us useless crap.

11. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

Waste of time downloading, checked out street view and thought it was cool but don't think I will use it again just like I never use it on the PC.

Wake up Apple and give us the things we need..............

NOTES - Still cant sync
    To-Do - Doesn't exist
    Cut & Paste - Wake up Apple
    Bluetooth - People still cant believe it when I say it doesn't work, when they ask me why, I'm stuck for words.
    iCal - The Calendar colors don't match the colored dots on the iPhone.
    3G - its a pain to switch on and off every time I want to go online ( I know I can leave "on" permanently BUT if I did this the phone runs low on Battery by 5pm ) Apple should put this tab on the first settings page under the wi-fi tab for a quick selection. Currently it takes 5 clicks to turn 3G on & another 5 to turn off, doing this MANY times daily is a pain.

This is what I would like to see on the first page of settings.....

Airplane Mode
    Wi-Fi
    Enable 3G
    Fetch New Data
    Bluetooth
    Location Services

12. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

Apple will make themselves look like complete fools if they make a big deal about copy and paste, other phones were able to do this from MANY years ago.
    I actually thought we will get copy and paste in 2.2, now I'm not confident we will get it in 2.3 or even 2.4 update.
    It feels strange complaining about copy and paste :eek:

13. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i'm happy about the so called "Decrease" in dropped calls. Lets see how that works... I like the Safari stability and performance they claim and the enhancement to HTML email.

other than that its an "OK" release. I'm not one to really care for C/P although of course it would be nice...video would really be nice...and yeah BT file transfers are a must. But I feel these updates are going to follow shortly.

14. yegon macrumors 68020

This I totally agree with. In its current form, if I want to do some very brief browsing it's actually more time efficient to just use Edge. Yes yes, I could leave 3G on all the time but, like you say, then its kiss goodbye to your phone by mid-afternoon.

Don't give two hoots about cut&paste/mms personally though, give me landscape mode in email&text and I'm fully satisfied. Oh, and a Digg app that doesn't constantly crash - not played with 2.2 long enough to comment on stability.

15. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Thanks Apple....for giving us features that almost NO ONE has asked for. At least according to this:

pleasefixtheiphone.com

16. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

It just came out!!! Give us a day or two to evaluate!

17. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

Sure it could have been better. But seriously how many other phones actually get software updates that give you more features then previous. That's why any update for me is a good update, even if it only has one or two new features.

18. macbookairapple macrumors regular

Your Blackberry is even worst than the iphone, see how much bad press its getting, so much for an iphone killer. :p

19. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    oh man... if 2.3 brought all of those.... oh sh*t, now i need to change my pants... :rolleyes:

which begs the question... i wonder what 2.3 will bring... i feel like i should start a thread posing that very question... hahaha!!! oh LET IT BEGIN!!! :D

20. bigmouth macrumors 6502

Count me among the very unhappy -- "updates" like this just increase my resentment of Apple.

21. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I'M EXTREMELY HAPPY! :D

Although I don't care about the street view or anything else, they have made SMS quicker. I save all of my text messages, so on 2.1 when I would hit the box to type my text, it would delay a few seconds. Now I get no delay, so they definitely made it snappier.

22. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

What is the use of the updates if it doesnt address the issues.

23. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Happy coz Wrong Planet now seems to work fine in Safari! I like the new look, too! :)

Cant seem to find out how to get into Street View, though... :confused:

24. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

I'm quite happy so far. I don't need a ton of new features... I just wanted the features that it already has to actually work properly, and so far, so good. Email actually seems to be fetching on it's own again.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=603966

I'm not sure how useful street view will be but it does seem to be implemented pretty well once you find it. The new transit directions on the other hand will be incredibly useful for me.