Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
To create a mac app that shows the window preview of open windows on mouseover on dock's app icons.

I know HyperDock does it among other things. But in my usage I found it to be buggy and importantly it's not free. Window preview is a very important utility for me personally and I would very much like a freeware for that until Apple decides to include something similar in their OS itself by default.

I am a designer by profession & I have solid experience with front end web UI development with HTML, CSS & JavaScript frameworks. I don't have any app development experience in mac environment. So how hard is it going to be ?

I'd very much like to work with team if anyone is interested.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
To create a mac app that shows the window preview of open windows on mouseover on dock's app icons.

I know HyperDock does it among other things. But in my usage I found it to be buggy and importantly it's not free. Window preview is a very important utility for me personally and I would very much like a freeware for that until Apple decides to include something similar in their OS itself by default.

I am a designer by profession & I have solid experience with front end web UI development with HTML, CSS & JavaScript frameworks. I don't have any app development experience in mac environment. So how hard is it going to be ?

I'd very much like to work with team if anyone is interested.

Do you work for free? Why do you expect the developers of HyperDock to give their software away? And for $10, it's well worth it... I don't have any issues and have not encountered it to be "buggy"...

mindblown.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: chabig

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA
It seems very simple, break it down into 3 steps:
  • Which Dock Icon are you hovering the mouse over?
  • What windows are being drawn by that app?
  • Draw a preview window

Reactions: Sovon Halder

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
Do you work for free? Why do you expect the developers of HyperDock to give their software away? And for $10, it's well worth it... I don't have any issues and have not encountered it to be "buggy"...

View attachment 771970
You understood wrong. I never said I want HyperDock to become freeware (I have a paid license btw). I said, because it's not a freeware, and because I've experienced issues with the software, I am looking forward to making a very lightweight app that shows the window preview.

I don't work for free. Unless it's a pro bono or charity stuff. However I occasionally share stuff that should be free and publicly accessible by everyone everywhere. Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.