How is AT&T's service in your area?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by megsalias, Oct 16, 2010.

1. megsalias macrumors regular

Just curious how AT&T's service is for others. I live in south MS, and I've had nothing but problems. Dropped calls, lack of 3G...and I blame it on the network - not the iPhone 4.

It was so bad that I had to switch carriers today. I ended up with the HTC Desire, which is okay. It's no iPhone though. It just kind of sucks that I had to give up a phone that I loved because of AT&T's lack of coverage.

2. The General macrumors 601

3. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Did you try the Mark the Spot app? I've found most places you actually take the time to mark get improved

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

it is the only carrier in my area to get service let alone 5 bars.

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I live in Maryland and I get a good service in my house. I work in DC and coverage is so-so.

At my house, I would give 9/10
    At my work, I would give 6 out of 10
    At the mall, I had quiet bit drop calls, 4/10

When I move into populated area, the reception gets worse. I do agree that Verizon gets little better service, but they are not perfect either. With AT&T and iPhone 4, I always get 2-3 MB/sec. Sometimes, I get even 5MB download speed, so I am impressed.

6. Deechh macrumors member

After having AT&T for 3 year's in Baltimore, Maryland I can't really complain. Only time I never get service is in school, oddly enough. Other then that thing's are usually fine.

7. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I live by Paramus, New Jersey and work in Englewood Cliffs. Service is fantastic. Switched from crappy wi-fi to At&T service the other day at work and internet was faster on AT&T then on wi-fi. I visited some towns north of San Diego last summer and service was HORRIBLE. No calls, no internet, nothing for a lot of the trip.

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Very good. Never experienced a drop call. Normally get 5 bars (sometimes 4). 3Mb/s + data speeds.

I'm happy with them.

9. GmDude66 macrumors 6502

Same exact thing in the York, PA area.

10. megsalias thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I had the 3GS before, so I've been using that for a while. There is just so much improvement that needs to be made here that it wasn't really making a difference.

At least some people get good service from them...wish I had.

11. gertruded macrumors regular

Here in northwestern Illinois we have no AT&T service. We are the "flyovers".

12. Adisah macrumors regular

Do you have tornado safe walls? I think most schools try to block cell phone service because I don't really have service in my school either.

I would only have service in a room with a window. or some rooms on the main floor.

13. tatts187 macrumors newbie

I live in Tucson, AZ and my service is AWESOME!!!:):):)

I always hear people complain about how awful AT&T is but everywhere I have ever been with my iPhone I have had a good experience so I must be one of the lucky ones

14. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

NE Minnesota, no 3G but perfect voice. I use wifi mostly anyways.

15. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

I live in the Baltimore/DC metro area, and service works great. Go to school in Columbia, SC and service is great as well, the 3G speeds are faster than the school wi-fi.

16. Pillar macrumors 6502

Pillar

I get little to no service in my home area. I have to be standing in a certain spots of the house to get reception. Even when it shows 1 bar, I can't make/receive calls

17. CT1stMaxedOut09 macrumors member

I live in New Britain, CT and the service in my house is horrible (note; I use to always have 5 bars in my house). Around the city is spotty now as well. I have to say that outside of my house I at least have 3 bars despite the fact that according to AT&T's coverage map online I should have great service.

18. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

19. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Gets better every week it seems. They've improved A LOT since I first bought my iPhone 3g.

20. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Solid everywhere except inside my apartment - DC

21. django696 macrumors member

django696

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

4 -5 bars all the time here just outside Myrtle beach sc

22. katiesham macrumors member

Forsyth County, GA- Where I live, fantastic service everywhere

Atlanta, GA- Where I go to school, horrible service everywhere, especially when I need to call someone and I'm in a building

23. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

2 bars at home but rarely drop calls. Got a free microcell so now I have perfect reception.

24. McBeats macrumors 6502a

it kinda sucks, not going to lie... but had verizon and it was equally as bad... gotta be because of where my house is, and the lack of antennas around here (city law not allowing to build more)