How many of you plan on getting Applecare?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maverick22, Sep 14, 2014.

1. maverick22 macrumors 6502

Trying to decide what's best, Applecare or insurance through AT&T (I guess $7/month right).

How many of you plan on getting Applecare? I like my phone "naked" so I believe I need some kind of "safety net".

2. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

AppleCare is MUCH better than AT&T insurance. AT&T has a huge deductible, not even worth it.

3. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Im getting applecare. I always get it with all my phones and it has never failed me yet.

4. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I purchased AppleCare when I ordered the phone.

5. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Applecare is the best thing going. I get it with every new iPhone.

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I am. It's a grand for a phone. A little protection is earth it.

7. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

8. comptr macrumors 65816

9. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

my plans exactly... going naked so need that protection!

:apple:Care for me :)

10. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

Is this really a quesetion? There's absolutely no reason to not get applecare.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I wonder how much an out of warranty replacement will cost for an iphone 6 plus?
    Same as it is now $269 or more since its bigger and costs more?
    I ended up getting Applecare Plus for my 6 Plus anyway just to be safe. I dont want to have to pay over $300+ just to replace it if anything happens.

12. 617aircav Suspended

Apple care wont replace a lost phone, att will, thus the huge deductible.

13. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

I'll be getting it for all the new phones on my family plan.

14. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I've gotten AppleCare+ on all my phones as long as they've offered it. Getting it for the 6+ as well.

It paid off the most for me on my iPhone 5. It's been sent in for repair/exhange a total of 5 times, between my ownership of it and my significant other owning it after me, for everything from batteries to a bad home button, to a bad sleep/wake button, to my cracking the screen once.

15. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

Nope.

Never needed it, never damaged my phones, will be using a case.

But if I had to, Applecare is a great deal.

16. Vladislav macrumors regular

But is it economically worth really? in case if i break the screen of a phone, how much it will be to replace without applecare?

17. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i plan on it because i want to try going naked. Though i haven't had a problem with breaking any one my iPhones so far.

18. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Well until the can replace the display assembly in-store, $350. Or is it $379? I forget. Somewhere around there when the phone is relatively new because they are giving you a whole new phone.

I'm curious to see how much the OOW replacements for the Plus are and if they are any more then the regular 6.

Oh and to answer the original question, yes I always get AppleCare.

19. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I have never had it on any of my previous phones, but after going for the 6 Plus 128 I think this year I am going to swing by apple and get it asap.

20. mac.cali macrumors 65816

I have had both AppleCare and Squaretrade. Both are excellent. Squaretrade gives you more than 2 claims. But AppleCare is easier to work with.

21. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I have Apple Care on my current phone and plan to get it for the new one. I've dropped mine a couple of times and fortunately there was no damage but it can happen easily. I see a lot of people walking around with cracked or shattered screens they are still using.

22. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

That's fair. Would be nice if they treated lost and damaged differently though in terms of said deductible. After all, I'm a year's time you've already spent more on the insurance than you would have AppleCare. Should you sell your phone yearly, you get a prorated refund. That means I'm spending under $5 a month on AppleCare.

23. ninaco macrumors 6502

ninaco

I ordered through Verizon, so it wasn't offered. I'm on the fence. This is my first iPhone. I didn't buy AppleCare or end up needing for my other Apple devices (touch 3 & 5 and iPad 3). I've never damaged any of my cheapo cell phones.

But the iPhone 6+ is so expensive. And, I'll probably be using it a lot more away from the house than other devices so I'm thinking about AppleCare.

If you don't buy it along with the phone, you need to take the phone into an Apple store to purchase it?

24. MegLuvsMacs macrumors member

I chose to go ahead and take it. Figured the money I am putting into the phone it would be best to protect it as well :)

25. maverick22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, everyone! Ya'll convinced me! Now just have to try to convince the wife why our bill will go up ($30/month on Next) or why we'll lose much data (old 2-year route) but keep same bill.

My next question: will the 16GB fill up quicker than previous phones (camera take pics that are larger in size maybe, apps or other things larger in size)?

I was thinking 16 (cheap-that's the route I usually take ha) I'm leaning more towards the 64 now.