How many people actually have their original iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pab277, Oct 3, 2007.

1. pab277 macrumors regular

i just keep hearing of people constantly sending their iphone back and fourth to apple becuz of some problem or another. and i was just wondering, who actually has their original iphone from the day you purchased it to now without having to send your iphone in for repair or having to get a refurb?

i do realize this a forum where people will go for help and support, but i want to know, who is very happy with theirs?

and if you do have your original phone, what precautions have you been taking with it?

2. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

3. ejrizo macrumors 6502

ejrizo

got mine on June 29th at about 6:30pm at the Fashion Show Mall in Las Vegas and i still have that original iPhone :)

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

My wife and I purchased ours on 6/29. Both are used without cases, we just carry them in pockets. No noticeable marks on either of them.

My friend's was also bought on the 29th - no problems whatsoever.

5. rsbell macrumors regular

rsbell

Still have the one I waited several hours inline for on iDay. Same with my wife's.

Haven't taken any particular precautions, and it still works as well as the day I bought it. I'm glad to have a bit more volume after the 1.1.1 update, and I really miss 3rd party apps and ringtones, but I otherwise have no complaints.

6. camarobh macrumors 6502

Still have mine

Bought mine on launch day about 9PM at a local mall. Walked right in, looked at one for about a minute, bought one and never looked back.

7. macduke macrumors 603

macduke

I've never had to trade her in for a replacement. She's still naked, and as beautiful as the day I met her. I take really good care of her though, and never tried to make her run anything she didn't want to.

Some people abuse theirs, but I cherish mine. Unlike my ex-girlfriend, I'm glad my iPhone never goes down on me! Plus she is much more faithful!

:D :apple: :D

8. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Still have mine no problems so far. The earbuds have started craking though so may have to get them exchanged.

9. samiwas macrumors 65816

My wife and I both still have the original phones we bought in mid-July. We both put third-party stuff on it (iToner, AppTapp, etc), and updated to the 1.1.1 (losing all the 3rd party stuff). We have not had any real issues, and I do absolutely nothing to protect mine, not even a case. It stays in my pocket sometimes at work (which is not at a desk).

What helps, however, is that neither of us are die-hard perfectionists who will return it when we notice a small blemish on the back chrome apple...followed by an inflamatory forum post to let the world know it.

10. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

I'm on my 3rd iPhone. Not because I treat my device improperly. The first one wouldn't sync with the Apple BT headset so they gave me a new one. Then that phone wouldn't vibrate at all, so they gave me a new one on the spot.

I'm actually very impressed with Apple customer service in this regard. If it were Nokia back in the day it might be 3 weeks before I saw the original phone back from the Nokia service repair center.

11. tooshaggy macrumors regular

tooshaggy

my iphone speaker blew out.
    Geniuses gave me a new one, so I DONT have my original phone.:rolleyes:

12. Marcjcd macrumors member

Original phone here... no problems at all!

13. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

What kind of question is this? The majority of people still have their original phones. Apple has sold 1 million of these things; I'm sure they havent' replaced 100,000 of these things, or any crazy # like that.

14. DopestGingah macrumors regular

I still have my original iPhone from June 29th (waited 15 hours!!!), but oddly enough, my friend (who was waiting in line with me and got the phone right after me) had his break! Weird huh!

15. TheotherJoseph macrumors member

Im currently waiting for my fourth iphone...

The minor scratches dont bother me one bit, but I want a perfect screen.. The last iphone I sent in had 3 dead pixel's and a couple stuck ones... Plus you could see light coming through the side of the top black section between the bezel above the touch screen..

But the funny thing is every loaner phone they send me the screen is PERFECT... So I know they can make a defect free screen

Oh by the way im a member of the $600 club.. LOL So I will get a perfect iphone even f it takes a couple more tries..:D

16. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

I think it's a pretty good question. There seems to be a lot of iPhones going back to Apple for some reason or another. Gauging by the boards and by the conversations I've had with everyone I know that owns one.

I wouldn't be surprised if the number is around the vicinity of 100k, but then again I'm gauging by the boards where posts tend to be by persons who have iPhone problems rather than those who are problem or care free owners. who knows. But I certainly don't think the question is absurd at all.

17. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i don't have the phone from iday. :eek: i exchanged it for another due to a stuck pixel.

18. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Original June 29th!! Works like a charm, no scratches, even though I carry it naked in my pants pocket.

19. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Got mine 4 days after iDay. (no waiting) Dropped several times on concrete without a case. Still going strong. Only complaint is a super soft speaker.

20. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

Evidently, a pretty good one -- Apple swapped mine out because it stopped getting signal. I couldn't even make a called in the Apple store.

21. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

My wife and I have ours since iDay + 7. No problems. We have a front flip down style case.

22. alienex macrumors regular

me and 5 others I know all have our originals.

23. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Me and 4 other people I know who got iPhones in the first couple of days all still have our original.

24. brewcitywi macrumors regular

how long have i had my iPhone?

I bought mine in February of '65 and haven't even updated it. it's been working amazing well for 42 years now.