Carrier How Many People Are In The Same T-Mobile Boat?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iCarabma, Nov 7, 2013.

1. iCarabma, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013

iCarabma macrumors 6502

Here is what I want to know:

- Before Saturday I WAS NOT a t-mobile customer. I was very skeptical about the deals being offered so I went to the T-Mobile store near my house and asked lots of questions.

- I was told that I could buy an iPad w/ EIP, receive 200mb free per month, and pay NOTHING else except tax.

- I was told there would be a charge for $10 and a $10 credit on every bill.

- I was, honestly, very surprised that I walked out with a new iPad.

- Now obviously they have further publicly clarified that the deal promised to me does not exist.

- So I have called multiple times and each time the CSR says not to worry everything is fine. (I'm done calling, btw. I have the names and employee #'s of the people who told me not to worry.)

Just me? Anybody else?

2. vtstarck macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat. I'm a new customer and I financed the iPad. My account shows I have a data plan that doesn't exist for new customers. My bill is showing that data plan as costing $10/mo. I've been told once that I will have to pay $10 and I was told a different time that the $10 will be credited.

3. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

I used my sisters Tmobile account so I didn't have to deal with any of get hassle, they said the same thing about $10 charge & credit, but I've yet to see anything but the 26.25 installment payments show up on the bill.

4. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

The trouble is the plan is so new even the reps don't know. I was a T-mo phone customer so I can guarantee existing customers get that $10 credit but no one seem to know about non-voice customers. Time will tell :\

----------

May vary per customer but with mine the $26 doesn't begin for a couple months. First one is supposed to show up on my bill due in January.

5. jercdevil macrumors newbie

jercdevil

I'm in the same situation. I opted for the on demand which is $10.00. My EIP that I signed aka contract has the OD. TMo says min $20.00 to get the free 200 mb. Don't know but only have 20 days to return it. Thats not long enough time for the first bill to come in. Also I travel International a lot so I'm interested how this will work. I would think whatever you signed is what you will get. Time will tell.

6. iCarabma thread starter macrumors 6502

This was confusing too. They told me in the store I wouldn't get a bill until JAN. But that's the due date for the bill you will get in DEC that covers NOV.

7. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Depends on your cycle date. Mine is the 27th so typically the first day of the month I get last month's usage due middle of that month. i.e. I need to pay the bill for December usage I get first days of January by January 20th. :p

8. Bengy66 macrumors regular

Same boat just missing the IPad. Told me 2-4 business days on Saturday for shipping now it's back ordered

9. Djtrackie macrumors member

same boat.

Ordered online, iPad is already shipped, will be here on Monday. Got the 32gb.

Currently its going to be $36.25 a month. (26.25 + $10 access fee). See attachment.

I was hoping that they will change it and make it no $10, but I'm still confused with the actual promotion.

It's still not a bad deal because i'll probably end up singing up with one of their higher data plans anyways. So I get free financing on an iPad at least. Makes buy a $800 iPad a bit easier when it's 26 bucks a month.

Attached Files:

10. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Okay that makes no sense at all. You're being charged two plans. It's like if AT&T charged you for the unlimited text and 1,000 text package on the same line.

11. seamusk macrumors member

Same boat. I ordered online. I have the ipad. I activated and the account says I owe my $10/month by Nov 22. Multiple CSRs have told me I will owe nothing (ETA: nothing as in no monthly fee for a data plan, but I will get 200 MB free). At this point nothing has changed on my bill though. I plan on following up again in a few days to verify again. Just to be sure.

Btw, I actually owe $10.33. They charged me $0.33 for the on demand plan for the time period before I received the ipad. (shakes head)

12. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

It could be legit as there is usually a delay in bill changes. Even when CS changes something it won't be reflected on the bill until the next billing.

13. gotluck, Nov 7, 2013

gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

Same boat here.
    New customer ordered financed over the phone saturday with $10 on demand plan.
    Everytime I've called in they tell me they will be rebating $10 per month. The only inconsistencies I've seen are on Macrumors. However, I was told I'd owe taxes on the plan as it is considered postpaid. I was told 1.61 and Ive read .33 on here. Either way that's fine with me. I've also read postpaid is throttled after 200mb, not cut off - worth $2 a mo imo.

If they dont honor their word and make me pay the $10/mo. I will pay the ipad off now and be mad at tmobile, then use their 200mb free. My ipad has not shipped yet, hopefully not waiting in vain just to end up paying in full when I could go elsewhere and buy it now.

If they do honor their word, I will probably buy extra data and be stoked on Tmobile, rather than hotspot from my phone when over the cap(which I may switch from ATT GoPhone if Tmobile is a pleasant surprise).

14. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Mine cut off completely after 200 MB of use. I received three messages warning and asking if I wanted to purchase more data. After 200 MB my data was completely shut down.

15. gotluck, Nov 7, 2013

gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

Are you financed and/or on a postpaid plan ?
    or did you bring your own ipad and get the "prepaid" plan in the ipad settings app?

I am under the impression that postpaid byo-ipad users are still responsible for paying taxes on the postpaid free 200mb plan

16. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I brought my own iPad and got a T-Mobile SIM and activated an on demand plan.

17. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

yea, I believe that's a different scenario. are you paying taxes? thought ondemand was the postpaid plan.. so confusing.

18. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

No taxes. Doesn't even ask for a credit card, just name and phone number and the SIM is activated for the free 200MB of Data each month.

19. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

Yea I think we're in a different boat here. Pretty sure us eip'ers will have to pay taxes.

20. chiuaha5734 macrumors newbie

My predicament is strange, yesterday on my bank transactions it said that I had payed the taxes for my iPad, I check today and I got my money back. I later check my order status on tmobile and my item is still pending. What is going on?,

21. Bengy66 macrumors regular

This just a guess as I am new to Tmobile but it seems people who get their shipped email almost get their IPad the very next day. Most companies let you track the package from original destination to final. I am curious if "processing" could mean that it's getting to the local UPS hub then you get the email when it's out for delivery. My guess is that you might get yours very soon.

22. chiuaha5734 macrumors newbie

I haven't even received my shipment confirmation which is been like that for a week already

23. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

Waiting waiting. Still being processed no shipping confirmation.

24. jeffmo macrumors member

Same boat with a backordered Air that was placed on Saturday, November 2nd.

-Previously non T-Mobile customer
    -EIP plan at $26/month for 24 months
    -$10 On-Demand plan reflected on the invoice
    -Assured repeatedly by CSR of FREE 200mb and credit for On-Demand plan

I was told during the phone order with the CSR that the $10 On-Demand charge will be "credit/removed" once I get the Air and activate the data plan in the settings.

Just waiting for that confirmation email to come in and my package to arrive.

25. Bengy66 macrumors regular

According to Tmobile rep, they have started shipping orders from Saturday Nov 2nd now. It shouldn't be long now