How many people will move to Verizon in January

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by llarson, Jul 7, 2010.

?

Will you be switching to Verizon

1. Yes as soon as I can

19.7%
  2. No love AT&T

57.3%
  3. Depends on pricing

23.0%
  1. llarson macrumors member

Spending close to $500 a month with AT&T for 4 iPhones and was told by the 5th and final rep there is no way they will give me any discount.

So who will be moving to Verizon as soon as they can.

2. celticpride678

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

you are missing one option on your poll:

"I don't believe the iPhone will come to Verizon yet, it is one more rumor"

4. auero macrumors 65816

5. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

Missing the option:

"I'm already tied in at AT&A"

6. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

The only thing that would make me move to Verizon is if the iPhone were exclusive to them. I will be happy when they do finally make an iPhone for them though. No more hearing AT&T complaints and the network should get better when others move to Verizon, it will be good all the way around.:)

7. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Loyalty to a phone company runs as deep as the service and expense allows.
    If you receive the same excellent service (or, even better) for your area and the total bill is less I don't blame you.

Otherwise I'd suspect Verizon will also be having equal difficulties as AT&T when many others sign up.

I think of cell phone service as I do a gym. Too many club members signed up and using the gym ruins the experience unless the gym is constantly expanding to accommodate the new customers.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It hasn't.

By the way, OP, how much money do you think you will save with Verizon? Just curious, as their pricing seems pretty similar to at&t.

9. Jonathan77 macrumors member

Could you please post your source of information?

10. Polo5 macrumors regular

11. Foo4Everlong macrumors member

If it, and when it is confirmed, I'm not sure that I will. For one, I don't like how on Verizon u will not be able to look up internet while in a call. And two, I wonder that if Verizon does get it and a lot of customers move, will it cause AT&T's system to run better with less data pounding. I guess only time will tell. Later

12. Sustainability macrumors regular

If I believed that Verizon was actually getting the 4, then yeah, I would probably go ahead and switch.

However, we have heard about Verizon getting an iPhone every 6 months for the past 2 years, and if history has taught us anything, it is that Lebron will stay in Cleveland and this is most likely another Verizon rumor.

13. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

Verizon will probably limit the data usage more to maintain the illusion of a better network.

14. mhdena macrumors 6502

:D

15. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

Yes, it has been confirmed as a rumor :p

As far as Verizon goes... their customer service is purportedly worse and their prices certainly aren't any better, but I guess if Verizon had their LTE network deployed, then I might consider it, but otherwise why bother?

AT&T's network has gotten WAY better over the last year, so no complaints from me and I also like the flexibility of sticking my SIM in any phone I like (I'm using a Nexus One while I wait on the white iPhone 4.5).

16. aneftp macrumors 601

People need to understand CDMA vs. GSM.

In 85-90% of other countries, all of them run the same 3G frequencies (2100 band). That's why Apple released the iPhone to multiple carriers in those countries.

In the US, ATT runs on the other most popular 3G frequency 850/1900. Tmobile runs on some weird 1700/2100 hybrid.

Once Verizon has a built in LTE network (which is backwards compatible with GSM bands) Verizon will get the iPhone.

Verizon had their chance when Apple was "testing the market" with their new iPhone way back in 2005/2006 when negotiations were taking place. Since the iPhone was a huge success and other countries adopted with, Apple doesn't see any reason to make two different versions of their phones.

CDMA for voice is a dead technology. Verizon will phase CDMA out in the next 7-8 years. For now, when they launch LTE, they will have a hybrid CMDA voice/LTE data until their network is totally LTE for voice/data.

17. deeddawg macrumors 604

Bad poll. No option for "Verizon doesn't work at my house".

Also no option for "AT&T is no saint, but I believe most of the iphone problems have been more due to sucky phone hardware than AT&T"

18. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

I'll NEVER move to a CDMA provider because there is no flexibility to move from different devices on the fly. I'll go to T-Moile before ever going to Verizon or Sprint.

19. xmtgx macrumors regular

Would if I could switch, stuck with ATT though. Also I believe just because the contract is signed in January, we will still have to wait till June/July for a Verizon compatible phone to be released.

Sprint is worse then ATT and T-mobile even worse then Sprint, atleast in the North East. Verizon is the best by far around here. CDMA all the way for current technology if i ever get the chance.

20. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

My service is great where I'm moving (but horrendous where I live currently). If they actually did go to Verizon in January, I'd definitely still stick with AT&T unless the monthly plan is cheaper. While selling my current iP4 would make the ETF even out, I'd still have to spend another $300 for the new subsidized phone so I'd need a savings close to that over the span of the new contract.

21. Hmac macrumors 68020

Bringing out a CDMA iPhone would be a trivial exercise in engineering, and totally cost effective even for the 2-3 year lifespan that CDMA has left given Verizon's 92 million customers, and China's 90 million +.

The Motorola RAZR is one example of how that works.

22. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

To play the devil's advocate: I've had AT&T for every iPhone except the newest one. I've been with Verizon since the Droid came out. No interest in going back to them for the time being.

:)

Ok well technically that's not true since I have an iPad with 3G on AT&T's network so I guess they still get my money. :p

23. MT0227 macrumors 6502

AT&T is the only carrier that provides a stable signal inside my home. So...AT&T it is!

24. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

that just sounds slutty:p

25. Mr Bigs macrumors 6502a

Mr Bigs

You sugar coating the story !!!! Verizon rejected Apple so instead AT&T pulled their pants down for Apples agreement. It didn't do AT&T too good because Verizon is still larger and offers much better service.