How often does your phone crash a day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alexwithad, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

I have the 3GS 16gb and mine tends to crash a lot whether i'm sending a text and it freezes and goes to the lock screen or I'm in safari and it closes or anything really it'll just freeze up. Sometimes I even have to hard reset it, this is my first iPhone so I'm not sure if this is normal. But it happens at least once a day, usually more. Is this bad? I didn't get the care protection plan yet, and I got it the day it came out. I have no water damage but will they replace it? Isn't there a 1 year warranty on it? It's in pristine condition had a case on it since I bought it at the store. Or do all iPhones crash quite often and this is just something I should get used to.

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

3. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Maybe it's crashed once or twice, since I've owned by 3G in the past year. I don't have the 3GS, like you, but crashing is not normal. So, if you haven't tried a reset or a restore, then you may want to go back to the store.

5. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Depending on how many things you're trying to do at the sametime, or have running at the sametime.

My iPhone doesn't really ever freeze up, occasionally it does when a text pops up when I have an intense game app going on or something.

First, do a DFU restore to see if it would help. If that doesn't work or you don't want to bother with it, I'd suggest going to the Apple Store and getting it replaced. You should have a 1 year warranty from the day you purchased it, and if you had no water damage, the water sensors should not be tripped.

6. FuriousD macrumors member

My 2G never did it and so far my 3GS has not done it either.

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

0, thats awesome considering its a 1st Gen from September 2007

8. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

I've only had my iPhone freeze up once... did a fresh restore and it worked like a charm until the phone was replaced due to a different issue

9. outphase macrumors 65816

Mine crashed only one time while playing Sorty. It was such a bad crash that I thought I would have to restore it. I didn't, and the only residual problem was that it messed with my icons.

I promptly removed Sorty.

10. Alexwithad thread starter macrumors 6502

Like a restore when I plug it in iTunes. I also forgot to mention when it freezes bad and it resets sometimes my app icons are messed up

11. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Will apple replace that? The genius' are tough sometimes and by you it saying that it does that might. Not be enough. They will probably just to restore it, or they will probably do it for you. You better hope it crashed while it's in one of their hands or you that you get an understand genius.

I'm not saying that that isn't a big enough reason, just saying will the genius care enough.

12. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

My 3GS crashes a lot less than the older 3G did. Most crashes are memory related.

13. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

14. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

same here

15. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

my 3gs crashes ALOT less than my 3G.

i really cant recall a crash on my 3Gs.i love this thing :D

16. iArrudaG macrumors regular

iArrudaG

17. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Same here, and it was due to a badly written app.

18. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

19. iphoneftw macrumors 6502

mine doesnt crash much
    i have it crash maybe once or twice a day
    you should make a poll of this

20. samcraig macrumors P6

21. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

You've obviously never been to the genius bar. They have software that checks the crash logs automatically stored by your phone.

If they see you have a significant amount of crashes, they'll give you a new phone.

For the record my 3GS hasn't crashed once since getting it on launch day.

22. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Non, never crashed 3GS

23. Alexwithad thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope no jailbreaking done. I do have a 2000 songs on it and a good amount of apps. But it'll crash when I'm just using text messaging or anything simple like that. I haven't been able to check my battery useage because it always crashes and resets the data. And would I have to go to an Apple Store or would AT&T work since I bought it through them?

24. wr1020 macrumors regular