Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoinksUK

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2017
UK
I wonder how many people who follow this guide will forget to remove the dummy item from their basket and end up ordering it by mistake in their haste tomorrow :)

Reactions: Ludatyk and sananda

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I'm an IUP user, and I am pre-approved. Do I have to use the app or can I use the website? In past years I've had a few windows open on different servers to see which can load first. Does anybody else have thoughts on VPN use to improve chances of getting through? In past years it never seems to be about user speed, but rather when their servers start working in your area. Seems VPN could possibly help with this.

Apple has claimed that using the app will be fastest for a pre-approved iPhone order, which is what I'm going to do. I'll have my computer standing by just in case, though. I don't know if a VPN would make a difference, especially with the app.
[doublepost=1509017761][/doublepost]
They send the phone to the store for you. In-store pickup and buying in the store are two different things.

True. I always have stuff sent to my store for pick up these days because I'm never certain if there'll be someone at home to accept delivery. I once had a iPod delivered to my work address, which turned out to be a nightmare because the UPS driver went to the loading dock instead of the location I had specified. In store pick up is a good service—Apple is good about providing notifications, and it usually doesn't take long to do the pick up.

Smorawski

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2017
Select T-Mobile as your carrier and pay full price, it will be unlocked.
Is it only with T-Mobile that’s possible ? I’m not living in US but want order tomorrow in US without sim-lock, or does it required an US operator SIM card to register the phone ?

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
It seems to me that most people these days do everything on their phone or tablet. Why would we think that more people would order on their computers or online? I guess we have to account for Android only people.

Exchanger

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2012
Hi guys,

From the MacRumors article:

iphone-x-pre-order-summary-800x491_2.jpg

Where is the carrier? :)

Here's what I see in my app:

IMG_9566_1.PNG

How to get the same "iPhone X — Silver — 64GB" no-carrier configuration?

Thanks.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
Is it only with T-Mobile that’s possible ? I’m not living in US but want order tomorrow in US without sim-lock, or does it required an US operator SIM card to register the phone ?
Pre-ordering from Apple in the USA requires a carrier account. If you pay full-price it will be unlocked.

eta: I could be wrong about TMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: justabrake

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
Thanks for the official confirmation from Apple. Clearly, you have no validation for your comment.
He’s most likely correct. I highly doubt the date added to favorites has anything to do with pre-order status.

BravesAndBeers

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2017
Norfolk, VA
What route should NEW iPhone Upgrade Program signer-uppers take when preordering tonight? Yes, I know I'll have to enter all the credit check mumbo-jumbo, but should I add to favorites and select Pay with IUP, or should I go straight for the SHOP > iPhone > iPhone UPGRADE PROGRAM tabs then LEARN HOW TO JOIN and JOIN NOW?

Obviously I would prefer to have it already in my favorites and select Pay with IUP, but will this take me through the correct process?

marddin

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
Is there a way to order 2 phones on 2 different lines under the same AT&T account? I can only favorite one phone number right now.

hlevolve

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2014
I had this issue for over a year. Just today I was able to finally switch addresses using the latest iOS 11 OS. 've been to multiple apple stores and the geniuses were stumped. Are you on the latest software?

Did you try updating it from the apple pay spot? That seem to translate it for me. Apple pay on the phone that is.

I finally figured out the problem. Even though I had changed my address EVERYWHERE on the OS, Apple Store and Credit Card App what ended up finally fixing it was going to the credit card companies website (which apparently their app does not update (WHY???)) and I had to change the address there. Then it took about another hour before I could MAKE iOS change to the correct address and finally get rid of the old one. It seems like Apple Pay completely ignores whatever you set in the Apple Pay settings and will load whatever address the credit card company has on file for you as the default no matter what you say it should be. You can change it of course at the time of payment by doing the extra steps but you can't change the default that it loads from the CC company before hand unless you change it with the credit card company themselves. Which I thought I already had through their mobile app (Which showed my new address) but apparently there is a disconnect between the mobile app and their web servers that store the true address they use and the one used by apple pay.

Reactions: justabrake

Jmanstk

macrumors member
May 26, 2008
So I just did "Test" run with an iPhone 8 (AT&T Next upgrade) on the Apple Store app....Looks like once pre-orders go live you will have the extra step of choosing whether you want Next Every year or Next 30...The interesting thing was the app already had my ATT account info pre-filled (Last four of Social, phone number, ect) so it must have saved it from when I pre-ordered the 7 last year. Good luck everyone!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.