How was your release day experience?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Appl3FTW, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I have preordered and when i got to the Pentagon City Mall @ 7:12 there were already some people on the preorder line. there were 2 lines, one for the preorder and one for walk ins. the preorder line wasn't as bad, possibly like 20 people in front of me. but when i went and trolled around to see how bad the walk in line was.. man it was BAD, BAD BAD BAD, as in pwnage bad. basically people were wrapped around the whole floor of the mall and the goes as far as the eye can see. everywhere i went, there's literally a crowd of people waiting.

Anyways, there was this guy at the preorder line behind me did a pretty cool thing. so i stepped out of the line to get my bag (just for props so i don't go wandering around with my iphone bag, LULZ). when i came back to the line there were 2 people behind him. when he turned around, he saw me and he was like, "hey you were in front of me, did u just use the bathroom, do you wanna get your spot back in front of me?". I said "sure, thanks". very cool guy, however he had to leave because he was at the wrong line! he was like, i hope you don't have the last iphone plus gray. i said, glad we preordered so we already have one reserved. that's when he realized he was at the wrong line.

As for the ihe iphone 6+, it's amazing. i didn't open it yet because im waiting on my screen protectors but i was able to play with the store models.. they were fantastic. i also bought a case at the store while i wait for my free apple leather case and i'll just get a refund later. this was suggested by the apple tech btw. LOLOL. he said "well im sure you want to protect your phone right now, so just buy this one and return the other one when it arrives later".

Overall, Apple customer service is bar none the BEST. always will be loyal fan and damn proud of it.

How was your experience? :)

Attached Files:

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Mine is very relaxed as FedEx just dropped off my two phones at the office!:)

3. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Congrats newton... Man I'm so excited to open it. Great experience all in all.

4. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Good but anxious. Waiting for UPS to stop by my house.

5. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Better yet, what about the release day lunch?
    Will need another thread about the release day shower.
    Called the photographer to immortalize the day yet?

6. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I was hoping for some pretty gals in line. Nada, only two others and no one else even came into the BB store after that while buying my 6.

7. Orlandu macrumors 6502

Orlandu

Just a usual day at work... until I get the UPS delivery notification. Then I will be driving like a bat out of hell to pick it up and bring it back to show off to my co-workers.

8. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Good man, y'all are lucky. But I gotta say apple preorder was amazing. Zero headache, top notch service.

9. kbutler84 macrumors regular

Got to the store a little before 7 and was only one there. Was told they would open early at 7. Manager didn't show up until 8. By then there were two of us in "line." They didn't receive their shipment yesterday. Took our names and what we wanted and said he'd hold it once it came in today. We'll see.

10. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Who's signing for it? I'm afraid my phone will be the talk of the town for weeks since nobody have seen it yet. Ahhh

Attached Files:

11. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

What in the......

[​IMG]

:apple:

12. kovey macrumors 6502a

UPS rang my bell at 9:30AM ET and delivered my 128GB Silver iPhone 6 Plus :cool: I was confident the entire time that I wanted the larger version. I'm so glad that I did.

13. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

you don't find it too big? I have large hands, but at the store I held 6+ and I have changed my mind very fast. Looks like 6 for me.

14. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

It was good, I'm laying in bed waiting for fedex to pull in lol

15. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Both phones are high quality and amazing to hold in your hand... Apple did it again!

----------

I know sorry brah haha

16. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

This was my first time waiting in line on release day, showed up at Verizon store at 5am, was 19th in line. Was able to score a 128gb 6 Plus Silver and back at work by 8:45. Verizon store in Florence, KY did a great job.

The phone is my birthday present so back in the box until then.

Attached Files:

17. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

Mine was fantastic. Was driving by an AT&T store at 7:15 on my way to work and saw there were only two people in line. Hopped out and had a new 6 in my hand by 8:15! And I made it to work on time :D

18. germanzero macrumors newbie

I got in line at the verizon near my job at 5:30 am and was 5th in line. Thankfully the two gals at the front of the line only wanted 6. The store only had three Plus - 1 16gb silver, 1 64gb space grey, 1 64gb silver. They even brought us free mc donalds and coffee. Only hiccup I had was the guy behind me tried to swipe my Plus. He asked for a employee by name and that employee went to the back and took one of the plus so I was told they were out. We caught him before he opened it thou thankfully so I still got my phone.

19. Appl3FTW, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Yea me too no doubt.

20. erzhik macrumors 6502

Awesome. Woke up at 8am, took a long hot shower, had breakfast, got in my car at 9 and went off to class. Will wait about 3 months before maybe getting a 6plus when all stock normalizes.

21. newmacuser14 macrumors member

At home, anxiously waiting for it to be delivered.

22. Vorpal279 macrumors member

Arrived at my local Verizon store at 7 AM, and only nine people in line. Got a 16 GB iPhone 6 for free with the trade-in, and I was out the door in 20 minutes. Buddy of mine said there was about 40 people in line at AT&T around 7 AM. I guess there's more AT&T customers than Verizon customers in this area.

23. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Pictures if you are a girl!:cool:

24. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

25. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

I'm off today so I had a "honey-do" list of errands, including going to the mall. I thought I'd be able to go into the apple store in the mall to check out the phones. Forget that! I've never seen so many people jammed into a store of all things. Reminds me of Times Square in NY on New Years Eve.