How will Apple handle the new iPhone Keynote?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zub3qin, Apr 26, 2010.

?

How will Apple handle the new iPhone release now that it has leaked?

1. Joke about it with Gray Powell coming to the stage.

45 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. We will see a completely different iPhone than was leaked

22 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Apple ABORTS iPhone release

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Apple acts like nothing happened at the Keynote

202 vote(s)
    73.2%
  5. Apple has NO keynote and just advertises the new iPhone on TV.

3 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

I am sick of all the arguing back and forth about who is right and who is wrong- Apple or Gizmodo.

So let's move forward and stop looking backwards.

Any guesses as to how Apple will handle the Keynote? Take the poll.

Will they make a joke about the whole thing and have Gray Powell on stage with Steve?

Will there be a completely different iPhone than the one we saw? Perhaps we saw a rejected prototype.

Will Apple ABORT the new iPhone release until they can sufficiently change this one so it is not identical to what was released? Steve Jobs is happy to forego profits if he is not happy with something- I don't think he'd care if no new iPhone came out this year.

Will Apple pretend like nothing happened, like they did with previously leaked devices, and describe the new iPhone to a roomful of journalists who will applaud each "wow" feature as if they never saw it coming?

Will Apple do NO keynote at all. Maybe just post a new iPhone release on the website. And advertise the hell out of it on TV. Do they really need a keynote to generate press on this thing? People will know about it. Do other companies have Keynotes to release an update to a product line?

I think the last option is what Apple will go forward with.

2. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Apple pretend like nothing happened, like they did with previously leaked devices, and describe the new iPhone to a roomful of journalists who will applaud each "wow" feature as if they never saw it coming?

3. macfan881 macrumors 68020

I wold love if apple did a lil some thing like Sony during there E3 keynote when they announced the PSP Go which a few days before there monthly video magazine qore got leaked out to subscribers which got to dl and since it was suppose to be after E3 got to see the Go earlier, and was leaked out every where and Jack Trennton said before they announced it now its time to announce our worse best kept secret of e3

4. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

It'd be funny if Gray came to the stage, but it's not gonna happen. Based on how I've seen Apple do things, and just to remain professional, I think they're gonna act like nothing happened.

5. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Anyone want to comment on WHY apple even needs a Keynote?

6. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

Apple haven't *always* pretended like nothing happened...

[​IMG]

7. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

There will be a delay because Apple is shaking in their boots regarding the HTC EVO.

Apple re-tools with

4G/3G

4.3 inch screen

Mobile hotspot

Adobe Flash 10.1

Yeah baby :D

8. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

why not? its a good way to announce to the public whats goin on in their world, and how they're tryin to improve ours

as far as what they will do at WWDC, i think they might make a joke or two about it, but i dont think they will bring Gray on stage

9. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Well the next iPhone will obviously do more than they showed at the last keynote.

10. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

1) we dont need ppl braggin about an android phone that isnt even out yet
    2) nobody has apple "shaking in their boots". apple is in their own league
    3) too bad that phone runs android :p

11. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

Go on like normal, and I'm sure there's at least a few things that gizmodo didn't find(maybe in the OS) that they'll announce.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    Business as usual.

13. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

i think they will have some sort of joke, like "and now for the iphone, you guys already saw it (haha:D:Dclap clap) but we think this will blow you away even more"

14. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Im sure they will mention it and make a joke or two about it...

Apple keynotes have never been 100% serious. And it would just make Apple look dumb if they seemed mad about the leak. I know that it would give me the "really? it's just a phone" reaction.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My guess is they act like nothing ever happened.

16. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

Apple will act like no one has seen the new iPhone.

But, it'd be funny if Steve Jobs brought out the guy who lost the prototype onto the stage.

17. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

And just like at the last quarterly shareholders meeting last week, nobody will dare ask Apple about the leak.

Maybe Apple will only invite Walt Mossberg to the keynote. He is the only journalist they trust and that does their bidding.

18. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

It would be cool to bring Powell on stage and hold a mock execution with a guillotine like the old Alice Cooper shows. Then announce that no, seriously, this guy screwed it up for everyone and walk off stage without announcing anything. Awkward moment? You betcha!

19. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

Ouch. That scenario sucks.

20. SqB macrumors 6502

Attached Files:

21. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

How many people do you think know what an HTC EVO is? I knew squat about it before seeing this post, so it's not like it's getting much press outside the fanboy community.

Apple isn't going to release a 4G phone, at least on AT&T, because THERE IS NO AT&T 4G NETWORK. That network is slated to have test sites later this year and maybe live sites next year. Sprint's 4G network is up but hardly anywhere, making it's awful 3G network look broad.

Apple won't waste money and battery life with a 4G radio for something that will launch halfway through the product cycle. You don't see any Macs with USB 3 yet, do you?

22. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

I hope Apple turns this whole deal into something better/funny.

Don't ignore it 100%

Apple knows when it should/could be funny...

23. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Ignore it to some degree and bring it up lightly in the Keynote. For example, everyone knew about the current iPod Nano because of case manufacturers. Steve addressed that issue in his September keynote.

24. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

I don't recall this. What did he say about the nano?

25. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

Apple will do what they have learned works. They will allow all of the fans, and all of the financial press to do their work for them.

Then they'll announce a show. With a neat invitation that everybody will dissect from the font, to the colors, etc.

Then there will be a thousand people there, each liveupdating various websites.

He'll announce that they've sold X somethings, and people will cheer.

He'll talk about iPhone 4.0, and how great it is. Then the new phone, which takes advantage of it better than the 3GS.

Immediately following this, there will be 6,000 threads here about how to resell their phone or cheat their wireless provider out of the early cancellation fee, or something.

So, business as usual.