How will you protect your iPad 2 ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by richxps, Mar 5, 2011.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

I am going to preorder a back zagg and get a PS crystal front and a smart cover.

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I am waiting for incase to come out with iPad 2 case.

3. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Sleeve case, probably from Waterfield. Possibly the Smart Cover as well.

4. Al1n, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  5. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Antiglare film. Rear film. Smartcover.

6. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

When I finally get it after the big rush, zagg front protector and oberon cover.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Initially I'll see how well it fits in my iPad 1.0 slip in case. If that fails I'll keep it naked and store in a 10" computer bag until some worthwhile cases come out. I'll buy a $2 matte screen protector on eBay.

I just can't pay $40 for a couple magnets and sheet of plastic that leaves 75% of the iPad unprotected. There will be less expensive knock offs. I might consider that in combination with a Zagg knockoff for the back.

8. jedolley macrumors 68000

9. brig2221 macrumors 6502

LMAO!!! I prefer the P229 myself ;)

10. fishcube macrumors 6502

Pink cover and just ordered a ISkin Summit case in purple. Lots of padding when not in use :)

11. Lady Arwen macrumors member

I got this for temporary coverage. I'm waiting for reviews of cases or for a dodo iPad 2 case.

12. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

I am getting an smart cover, I'm worried about the one side that will touch the surface it's on but whatever. I'll find something to put there.

13. Livett macrumors newbie

Smart cover and a gelaskin.

Also another top tip to protect your iPad 2. Don't let anyone but you touch it :rolleyes:

14. Gryzor macrumors 6502

I look after my stuff so don't need to waste money on plastic screen protectors that cost pence to make, yet you are happy paying thousands of percent extra... The only time it would go into any kind of case is when I take it out of the house, which is not that often because I have an iPhone 4 that takes care of mobile activities.

15. patp Guest

Lots of duct tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. OMEGA PUNK macrumors newbie

Thanks for posting i think i might go with waterfield as well.

17. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

HAHA "When it counts"

18. MarioB macrumors member

Smart cover + protective film on the back? (idk how they'll make it without messing up the speaker)

19. rudyo macrumors member

I'm waiting for the Vaja Case which will hopefully be released soon. Their iPad1 case was awesome!
    And it won't be with the Apple cover! Does anyone realize how much dust and dirt the microfiber cover is going to attract when folded into a triangle on the back of the ipad? The outside of the cool triangle is what goes against the screen when unfolded...NOT cool! :-(

20. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

dodocases for ipad 2 were listed a few days ago their website

21. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

That's pretty much what I did on my last iPad... although it was just a sleeve and not a smart cover.

thinking I'll give the smartcover a whirl this time though.

22. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The green smartcover. I'd like to get the red one, but I'm worried about how ruined it will get knowing my awesomeness around liquids. I can also think of better ways to spend an extra $30.

23. DS3, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

DS3 macrumors 6502a

Custom designed gelaskin to protect the back from scratches and personalize it, and I'm hoping it will fit nicely in a netbook neoprene sleeve I have sitting around when transporting it. If not I'll buy something similar to carry it in.

I'll probably take my chances with the screen unprotected in normal use.

24. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

For the first-gen iPad, I used an InCase Convertible Book Jacket, which increased the size and weight substantially. So, this time, I made the decision to go the exact opposite direction.

I was always intrigued by the Belkin Grip Vue, but never tried it. Needing a case for the iPad 2, I decided to try iLuv's Flex Grip. It arrived today and I'm very impressed with the material. It's not a "grippy" silicone, and not a hard case... it's a good middle ground. And, it's definitely very, very thin which is great.

It'll provide protection against scratches and dings, and it won't attract dust and lint like rubbery silicone. If I decide I need something more substantial in the future, I'll purchase something then. But, for right now, I'm a happy camper.

And, with the slim form factor, I'll finally be able to use my TwelveSouth stand.

So, definitely recommended. And, don't too much faith in the picture on the website... not very representative of the final product. In person, it looks much better.

http://www.i-luv.com/product_detail.asp?idx=1564&keyword=Flex-Gel Case&category_cd=t44&cat_lev=1