Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Hyper today announced the launch of a set of HyperDrive USB-C hubs that are designed for Apple's 24-inch M1 iMacs, and the hubs are unique because they come with faceplates available in each iMac color.

hyper-5-in-1-usb-c-hub.jpg

The HyperDrive 5-in-1 Hub features two 5Gb/s USB-C data ports, two 5Gb/s USB-A data ports, and one 5Gb/s USB-A port that also offers 7.5W charging for small devices. It's priced at $50.

hyper-usb-hub-design.jpg

The HyperDrive 6-in-1 Hub has a more varied assortment of ports for those who need connectivity beyond USB. There's a 4K 60Hz HDMI port, a microSD card slot, an SD card slot, a USB-C 10Gb/s data port, a USB-A 10Gb/s data port, and a USB-A 10Gb/s data port that also offers 7.5W charging. The 6-in-1 USB-C hub is priced at $80.

hyper-6-in-1-usb-c-hub.jpg

Each hub is about 5 inches long and 1.5 inches wide, and they are designed to clamp to the front of the iMac by using one of the rear USB-C ports. The hubs are sold with seven color matching faceplates so you can choose the one that works with your iMac.

hyper-hub-clamp-design.jpg

Both of the new HyperDrive Hubs can be purchased from the Hyper website starting today.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Hyper. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Hyper Launches New Color Matched USB-C Hubs for M1 iMacs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Wales
I am finding the iMac is very light on its foot and easy to spin around.
Might patent a few holes drilled in the iMac foot and nail it to the bench, then these docks might make sense.

JippaLippa

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2013
It murders the iMac's design; and the iMac is the most design-focused machine appe makes.

I would rather buy a traditional brushed alluminium hub (probably thunderbolt) and put it on the back.

4jasontv

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2011
The cable was put on the wrong side. Now it can't be fastened to the center under the screen!
I assumed at first it had a user replaceable cable but I can’t find anything that confirms that. It’s way to expensive to have a non-replaceable cable and a user facing branding.

Reactions: macsound1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.