Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
I mean as far as the pic, I see the light edges but that’s how the glass panel reacts. It’s like a “light tunnel” effect. It doesn’t scream fake to me.

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
Just look closely and notice the light edges around portions of the bump. Not to mention, there’s no way this is going to happen the way these are manufactured. The order final poster was a newbie whose account was shut down shortly after posting. Go back and read the thread, others pointed out the forgery as well.
Long thread. A TLDR would be great. ;)

Hoo Doo Dude

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2010
Do some research on Photoshop editing and you’ll learn what I’m talking about. Besides, no way this can happen with how the back is made. Or don’t and believe the phantom poster whose account was deleted right after making the claim.

Reactions: DaveyVigs

MacUser09

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2009
UK
It looks horrible IMO. Change it. Being out of line like that, will it always make your photos look wonky? 😁

Starscape

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
Florida and New York
That's not a defect. Apple makes these slightly crooked to keep the iPhone OCD fraternity well-trained. It's actually a feature. According to Apple, it's magical. Embrace it.

On a more serious note, I see people here always saying they have OCD when it comes to their phones. Trust me, you don't have OCD.

Reactions: Ntombi

Zest28

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2022
Sell it to Samsung. I bet they will pay alot of money for that phone of yours, so that Samsung can make a new commercial about how crooked the camera’s of iPhone’s are.

Reactions: Hoo Doo Dude

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
At this point, the only way to know is if another defective unit makes it to the wild. I may just have to place an order soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.