iPhone X I get it you don't like the notch..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fthree, Jan 28, 2018.

1. AttilaTheHun macrumors 65816

AttilaTheHun

that's my point Apple didn't want to make the iPad as the iPhone no one make mistake twice

2. Ralfi macrumors 68020

Ralfi

You’re not seeing things clearly/logically here. Apple did make the iPad like the iPhone - the Face ID sensors are the same size. The bezels on the iPad are bigger so the Face ID tech is hidden away.

The iPad & iPhone are different devices - one needs a bezel for gripping it properly, the other can get away with a much smaller bezel, which for the time being, makes the Face ID/camera/sensors poke out.

It won’t be like that forever...just accept it & move on fcol...

3. AttilaTheHun macrumors 65816

AttilaTheHun

Wow what a smart answer thanks for your respect

4. Zenithal macrumors 604

The notch will remain until screen tech can accompany those components under the glass, and only then will the notch experience its Brazilian revolution.

5. nouveau_redneck macrumors regular

nouveau_redneck

The notch will exit with or without under screen tech. Apple is witnessing lower iPhone sales and the drop off occurred with the X line.

There are three primary reasons for the drop off in sales; 1) reaching point of saturation, 2) price versus value for the current offerings, and 3) a significant portion of iPhone buyers don't like the current form factor (notch).

Apple will deal with the above challenges. The three are somewhat interrelated. If Apple wants to open up new markets and get existing users to upgrade they must create value. Value will be created by either lowering prices or building something that excites the masses again. The X line did not do either of those, and thus, Apple is losing sales.

They will get ride of the notch one way or another. It is an abomination and they know it. They must excite people again or Android will continue to take over.

6. AttilaTheHun macrumors 65816

AttilaTheHun

At last someone with logic answer

7. mrochester macrumors 68000

The drop off occurred with the iPhone XS and XS Max, not the iPhone X. The iPhone X was a blockbuster.

Points 1 and 2 are valid. Point 3 is just nonsense. Point 3 should have been the economic slow down in China.

I wish people would post truthfully instead of just making stuff up. The world would be a much better place without your lies. Spreading your fake news doesn't help anyone.

8. nouveau_redneck macrumors regular

nouveau_redneck

The notch was a styling disaster. The bottom line is that exciting new phone designs will sell. The unbalanced esthetic of the X line is terrible and isn't selling.

Design something that people want and it will sell, regardless of factors 1 and 2.

9. mrochester macrumors 68000

But people want the X. The reason the XS and XS Max are not selling as well is because of 1, 2 and the China slowdown. We know those are the reasons for poorer sales because a) Samsung’s high priced phones without a notch have also seen declined sales and b) cheap phones with or without a notch are selling fine.

Get rid of all of those and the XS and XS Max would be selling like hot cakes. You’ve incorrectly attributed the sales decline to the wrong reason. Please correct your knowledge.

10. Vivian125 macrumors 6502

Vivian125

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd in the end the iPad Pro has Screen to body ratio with 85.51% while iPhone XS Max has only 84.4% which means that, in overall the iPad Pro Seems more advance when it comes to body ratio slightly better than XS Max. Maybe when iPhone XI comes, the notches would be reduce its size.

11. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

There is no indication of this happening. It doesn’t need to be reduced, because outside of this forum, no one cares about it. And the technology itself with all the sensors, for projector, camera and speaker, it’s not about a reduction, it’s a matter of Apple changing the overall design altogether.

12. AttilaTheHun macrumors 65816

AttilaTheHun

I don't know if I right or wrong but bottom line Apple are selling less iPhones I am sure that deferent people that not upgrading have deferent reasons, my reasons are 1- I have the iPhone 8+ and don't see any reason to upgrade,
    2- the NOTCH, 3- price

13. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

Ta0jin

I could see the notch argument more if the notch wasn't on most all phones nowadays. It's not ideal but it's there and it is what it is. I do agree with you on the point of it not being that much of an upgrade. If you had a X there was no reason to go up to a XS. X to Max? Sure if you want the extra screen real estate.