I got an iPhone 6s from the bad battery batch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tiago_md, May 2, 2017.

1. tiago_md, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017

tiago_md macrumors newbie

tiago_md

But I'm seeing no problems with it?
    If I go into Apple's website and put my serial into the page addressing the ''Unexpected Shutdown Issues for the iPhone 6s'', a message saying that my device is eligible for battery replacement comes up as per the attachment.
    However, even though I only bought it from the store less than 24 hours ago, everything has been looking great so far. The only issue I experienced is the battery charging very slowly (at one point it even seemed like it was charging backwards - the battery % was going down whilst it was plugged in) but that was maybe because I was restoring from my iCloud backup at that time and the iPhone was downloading a lot of apps and data then. I then plugged it in using my iPad charger and that seemed to make it go a lot faster.

So, would you bother sending it in for replacement even though it doesn't appear to have a problem? Anyone here replaced theirs for this particular issue?

It's a Space Gray iPhone 6s with 64GB of storage (not sure if this matters)

Attached Files:

2. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502

You bought it just 24 hours ago brand new? Why didn't you go with the 7??

3. tiago_md thread starter macrumors newbie

tiago_md

Yep. Brand new. 7 would be a lot more expensive where I live in South America.

4. Tapiture macrumors 6502

I had this issue in my 6S, took a few months to show itself, but after it did it was bad. It was really swollen and they had to give me a new phone. It was free and all, but you will probably encounter issues if you keep it.

5. tiago_md thread starter macrumors newbie

tiago_md

Okay, guess I will have to consider it then.

6. David-fr macrumors 6502

Do you have an apple store in SA? If so, exchange it.

Saludos.

7. JPack Suspended

JPack

The problem doesn't show up immediately. If it did, Apple wouldn't have waited more than a year to launch the battery replacement program for the 6s.

8. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

Same for me - wasn't showing yet but I had it replaced - nothing to lose and I didn't want a potential bad battery because it would happen probably at the worst possible time -

9. canuckRus macrumors 6502

canuckRus

10. AmazingTechGeek macrumors 6502

AmazingTechGeek

If travel time nor sending it in to a store is an inconvenience to you, I would definitely replace the battery. Better to be safe than sorry.