Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
It's perfectly ok to dislike iOS 7. No one said you should be forced to love it.

What I find the most suspicious is that when people do vent about iOS 7 they provide details as to what they don't like which confirms they have actually used it.

The OP here is just saying "I hate it" and then providing a free memory screenshot?

Unless proven otherwise I do not think the OP even has a iPhone.

----------

You may be correct but all these years I've used an iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4S, 5 I've never run into a moment where the springboard was slow to react or apps were slow to open.

One thing I noticed that when you pull down from home screen to get spotlight search, all my iDevice (iPhone 4S, iPad mini, iPad 3) all lags a bit. You can fell the lag.

Springboard never slow down and app really opens. But when there isn't enough memory, iOS will kill all background activities. That means, when you reopen background app, the app will need refreash itself, that leads to slow opening. The best example is Safari when page refreshes itself after runing in background for a while.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
Yes, I have an iPhone 4. I know it's old and that's why iOS7 maybe lags on it so terribly, BUT if the was to slow to run iOS7 on it, why did apple mandatory released 7 for it? They want to torture their customers so that they switch to a new overpriced 5s?

I'm not sure what your definition for the term mandatory is, but I can assure you that by any that you will find in a dictionary Apple did not make the iOS 7 update mandatory.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
They made sticking with ios 7 manditory. And without warning that by doing this they wouldn't be able to go back. That's just wrong.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
One thing I noticed that when you pull down from home screen to get spotlight search, all my iDevice (iPhone 4S, iPad mini, iPad 3) all lags a bit. You can fell the lag.

Springboard never slow down and app really opens. But when there isn't enough memory, iOS will kill all background activities. That means, when you reopen background app, the app will need refreash itself, that leads to slow opening. The best example is Safari when page refreshes itself after runing in background for a while.

Yes, that is how it's supposed to work. It's supposed to free up memory when it needs it by killing frozen apps that have been idle too long.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Yes, I have an iPhone 4. I know it's old and that's why iOS7 maybe lags on it so terribly, BUT if the was to slow to run iOS7 on it, why did apple mandatory released 7 for it? They want to torture their customers so that they switch to a new overpriced 5s?

You are using a 3 year old phone. The upgrade wasn't mandatory at all. You didn't have to hit "Download and Install".

borostef

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
What are you, an evangelist? A preacher for the almighty Apple? If he doesn't like it, then he's entitled to his opinion. Apple already tells us what to think. We do NOT need people like YOU reinforcing the message.

Look, I don't have a problem with change. I liked iTunes 11, and Apple Maps. But I do have a problem with blindly accepting change. When you do that, you just make it easier for powerful people to influence you. And I also have a problem with change for its own sake, which to me iOS 7 is.

You're welcome to disagree. You think there would be fewer arguments in this forum if everyone agreed on one thing. But you're wrong. People should use their initiative when they form an opinion. THINK DIFFERENT, as they used to say.

No, no... You don't get it... We should accept anything that Apple throws at us just because it is Apple... THINK DIFFERENT doesn't come into it any more... Some people like iOS 7, some don't... And that is alright by me... But I do have the right to say I DO NOT like it, and that I think it is a step in the wrong direction... And before anyone says it... I will GET ON WITH IT, but not before I have to...

musicjunky

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
It's a :apple: product. You don't like what they're selling? Move on. Are you going to complain about the 30-pin connector being obsolete too, because that's a more reasonable gripe.

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
I love iOS 7. iOS 6 and earlier look extremely ugly and outdated.

Really? iOS 6 looked like wet paint, iOS 7 looks like a blurry foggy mess due to the color's chosen. iOS 7 is a huge eye strain for me since I'm light sensitive. I can't use the iPad at all unless I invert the colors. Otherwise I just get a headache and bloodshot eyes from all the blurring and insanely bright white. If they don't offer theme's in a patch, I will need to look into jailbreaking my device or just switching to something else. This angers and depresses me as I have been using iPhone since June, 2007. All because of one OS update that barely functions. Music crashes and reboots the phone, iMessages don't work, Mail crashes and locks up. iOS 7 is one of the worst designs and products Apple has released in a long time. Even Apple Maps worked better than this POS at launch.

Arndroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2013
No it's not!
I'm experiencing an extremely annoying lag with the on-srcreen keyboard.
Scrolling in the settings or any OS menu lags as hell as well.

And working with the new OS requires me to think more, because it's not as intuitive as iOS 6 was, thus I'm much slower on 7.

Which iPhone do you have?

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
... since I upgraded to iOS 7. I can't use anymore without constantly hate it! I wish I could downgrade, but then I hear I'll lose all my data... this is so depressing. Why did Apple release such an incredibly torturing OS! :mad:

I love IOS 7, I'm also sure that I will love the iPhone 5S that will be shipping sometime maybe as early as later tonight or over the weekend as my shipping status has now changed to preparing for shipment so I am looking forward to getting it next week, a 16 GB Gold IPhone 5S! :)

ParanoidDroid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Venusville, Mars
Unless proven otherwise I do not think the OP even has a iPhone.

33auiw7.jpg

LastOneToKnow

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
East Coast, USA

You are not alone ParanoidDroid. I hated my iPhone as well after upgrading to iOS 7. Fortunately I was able to roll back to iOS 6 before the signing window closed. Worse case senario you can always sell your phone and purchase another one that's still running iOS 6. I'm actually going to be giving my iPhone 4 32gb to a family member here soon and purchasing a used iPhone 5 64gb on EBay that's still running iOS 6. Looking forward to the added storage capacity and Verizon 4G.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
They made sticking with ios 7 manditory. And without warning that by doing this they wouldn't be able to go back. That's just wrong.

The is how they ALWAYS operate.

----------

Really? iOS 6 looked like wet paint, iOS 7 looks like a blurry foggy mess due to the color's chosen. iOS 7 is a huge eye strain for me since I'm light sensitive. I can't use the iPad at all unless I invert the colors. Otherwise I just get a headache and bloodshot eyes from all the blurring and insanely bright white. If they don't offer theme's in a patch, I will need to look into jailbreaking my device or just switching to something else. This angers and depresses me as I have been using iPhone since June, 2007. All because of one OS update that barely functions. Music crashes and reboots the phone, iMessages don't work, Mail crashes and locks up. iOS 7 is one of the worst designs and products Apple has released in a long time. Even Apple Maps worked better than this POS at launch.

The colors are horrible. I mean look at the 5c. Those are the most girlish / effeminate colors I have ever seen. That commercial is a joke. What business man or guy is going to be seen with one of those colors. What was Apple thinking....

odin

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Those are the most girlish / effeminate colors I have ever seen. That commercial is a joke. What business man or guy is going to be seen with one of those colors. What was Apple thinking....

Do you really think most businessmen give a damn about colors as long things work? Honestly. Are we not past the point that all but the most immature of our society thinks of colors as inherently masculine or feminine?

Dislike the colors, that I can relate to. But I just don't get the whole insertion of gender roles and color choices issue. And honestly, if you change the backgrounds, the icons aren't really all that obnoxious. And the devices themselves are easily covered with cases. Almost everyone will buy a case of some sort.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If you've ever used an android device you would know the answer is YES! Developers have to choose between developing for current OS users (about 20-25%) or any number of outdated users. If a dev decides to use new API features then most android owners are sol and can't use the app. If they decide to only use old Apis, then owners of modern android phones wasted their money on being up to date.
Thats up to developers to decide. And if you really think you wasted money on getting a new phone because of some apps that don't use the latest newest APIs then you probably shouldn't be getting the latest phones anyway (and save some money in the process).

----------

It's a :apple: product. You don't like what they're selling? Move on. Are you going to complain about the 30-pin connector being obsolete too, because that's a more reasonable gripe.
Might as well shut down all Apple related forums since there's nothing to discuss.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
The is how they ALWAYS operate.

----------

The colors are horrible. I mean look at the 5c. Those are the most girlish / effeminate colors I have ever seen. That commercial is a joke. What business man or guy is going to be seen with one of those colors. What was Apple thinking....

Well, you are probably looking at things wrong, you are making a mention to "business man", and as "business man" I think they can afford the new iPhone 5S in a manly color Space Gray, and maybe a "business man" can like this shiny colors.

The iPhone 5C is meant for teenagers and women, if you knew just a little about business, you would know that teenagers and women buy a lot of things, and I can see parents buying this phones because it's 100 dlls and because they can say "my teenage daughter doesn't have the same expensive phone as me" or a 30 year old mom wanting a shiny colorful iPhone.

So, please tell me how a new iPhone 5C affects you?

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
I don't understand the whole concept of the 5C, since there is a huge aftermarket for cases matching any distaste. :confused:

Let's put it in another way.

Apple is thinking about production and cost, if they kept selling the iPhone 5 it has a much higher cost to make it than the 5C, and even a higher cost next year to produce the 5S and sell it for 100 dlls.

Also, someone that likes technology but not totally into it, since the iPhone 5 physically looks exactly as the iPhone 5S, they could buy the iPhone 5, but not anymore, and they can easily go to the 5S now, this way Apple is making the latest phone their high end product (this year the 5S).

MisterPunchy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
CA
Johny Ive turned the beauty of this:

into this:

If we use words like "idiot" or "imbecile" on these forums to refer to another member in a derogatory fashion, then we've violated terms and may get banned. So I won't do that. But suffice it to say, I have no respect whatsoever for the silly post above, as it lacks any intellectual honesty or objectivity. A balanced, rational person wouldn't have made such a lapse of judgement. Cheers. Love ya.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.