I hate snow

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
I live 20 miles West of Washington D.C. I hate snow. That is all.

brendu

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2009
USA
I live 20 miles West of Washington D.C. I hate snow. That is all.
me too, im in the centreville area and this snow sucks... the good part is im a teacher so ive had off of work all week...

i also went to wvu, im assuming you did too...

D A

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
I like the snow as long as I don't have to shovel it. Have had snow on the ground since Christmas and the snow piles just keep getting bigger and bigger every time it snows. Will soon run out of places to put the snow that is shoveled away.

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
me too, im in the centreville area and this snow sucks... the good part is im a teacher so ive had off of work all week...

i also went to wvu, im assuming you did too...
I'm right by you in the Ashburn area. And yes, I am a 2009 graduate. Still looking for a job... This snow's not helping.

brendu

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2009
USA
I'm right by you in the Ashburn area. And yes, I am a 2009 graduate. Still looking for a job... This snow's not helping.
yeah... its a mess outside and were supposed to get 10-20 more inches today/tonight...

good luck with the job search, what was your major?

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
I love snow when it's falling and everything is nice and white. I hate it when it's been around for a few days looking dirty and the roads are heavily salted and sanded.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Where I grew up in western New York we had tons of lake effect snow from the lakes. I could never take the cold very well, and still hate the snow.

It's so dang cumbersome and anti-usable. Having to wear heavy coats, plan extra time for driving, blah blah. I never got into winter sports, though, which I guess if I had may have changed my outlook.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
I love snow when it's falling and everything is nice and white.
And you're sat inside, all warm and cosy, next to the fire, watching it fall :)

I just wish we'd have some sort of blizzard type deal, it'd be pretty interesting to experience I reckon. After that, I don't care what happens :D

dscuber9000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2007
Indiana, US
I live in Indiana and it is kind of bad. We got the whole day off school today, but I don't really think it is THAT bad out. I'd say there is about five inches of snow on the ground, but the roads aren't that icy at all. At least, where I live.

santa

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2003
too hot

Last summer my wife was complaining about how hot it was. She said she was tired of the heat. I said maybe we should consider moving or getting air conditioning. We both laughed. We live in North Pole, Alaska.

brendu

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2009
USA
Apparently this much snow is rare for the area (I'm in Arlington)? Sure hope so...
yeah this is very rare, the last time we had close to this much snow was in 1996... this is the most snowfall on record at dulles airport (the records go back to 1964)

Gregg2

macrumors 603
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I heard that the D.C. area is set to break the all-time record for snowfall in one season, somewhere around 55 inches. A couple of years ago, we came close to our all-time record, but fell short of even breaking 100 inches. You guys don't know snow! ;)

tman07

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
i hate the snow as well. I live in the "snow belt" in NE Ohio, so I guess I am kind of used to it.

This year, however, I am the lucky soul that gets to shovel all the old people out of it. I work for a garden center that does snow removal in the winter. Tonight's going to be a long night... ugh

This was from saturday morning. I $h1t you not, it was this deep for the entire neighborhood. 20+ houses. The drifts were up to my waist. It sucked.

Attachments

brendu

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2009
USA
I heard that the D.C. area is set to break the all-time record for snowfall in one season, somewhere around 55 inches. A couple of years ago, we came close to our all-time record, but fell short of even breaking 100 inches. You guys don't know snow! ;)
the difference is that we dont have an infrastructure capable of handling this amount of snow... I read earlier that 25% of the snow plows in the dc area are now broken... they were just pickup trucks with plows attached and couldnt deal with this much snow... so neighborhood roads are really messy, and most people do not have snow-worthy cars, nor do they have any idea how to drive... oh and then theres the whole issue of the dc area being one of the most populated areas in the country... all those things together make for a real mess.

I could never handle living up there where this kind of snow is "normal"...

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Meh.

Thanks for the weather update, though. It's too light here to call it anything more than flurries. I've been feeling embarrassed about working from home today. Good to know that something will fall to justify this.

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
I know right...

Snow, just... sucks!

We've been really lucky in Salt Lake this year though. We have only had a few storms of consequence!) Knock on wood.:cool:

brendu

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2009
USA
Well....I, for one, love snow. I'm pissed that we're getting such a whimpy winter here in Chicago. You guys in and near D.C. really hit the jackpot. Consider me extremely jealous.

I even enjoy shoveling snow. *usually
normally i dont mind it either but ive got the flu so your more than welcome to come shovel me out... ;)

Clix Pix

macrumors demi-goddess
When the snow was falling on Saturday, it was pretty and I enjoyed getting out with the camera. On Sunday, it was clean-up day, everybody getting the stuff off their cars, and yesterday was more of the same. I had fun gazing at icicles slowly dripping and trying to capture the moment with my camera. Today was dreary and the snow is not pretty any more, going out is a real hassle when dealing with slushy roads, both behind the wheel and in parking lots. I've had enough, I'm ready for this all to go away. Unfortunately, Mother Nature has other plans and even as I am typing it's snowing. Again. AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kawixsiyu

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2010
Ventura, CA
I hate snow too. I just moved from california to oregon and theres an inch of snow on the ground. Lol i know its not much, but i still hate it. :D