I hate the X with a passion and Tim Cook needs to go

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Deeds500, Sep 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deeds500 macrumors 6502

I'm not trolling, I'm not a hater, I'm not anti-Apple nor am I a fanboy. I've owned a 3GS, a 4S and still have my 6 Plus. My wife owns a 6S and both my boys aged 9 and 6 each own an iPad.

Like I said, 6 Plus owner since December 2014. I, like alot of other people, skipped the 7/7 Plus because I wanted to hold out for the 10 year anniversary edition. I counted down the days. Keynote eve was like Christmas eve for me. And boy was I excited.

But after seeing the Keynote and reviews post the Keynote, I feel as flat as a tack. I hate the X. I just hate it. Its final self did not live up to its hype. I know Apple did not create the hype but it was well aware of the hype. Cook himself admitted that the hype of the 10 year anniversary iphone was hurting the 7, so I was not alone. I seriously can't stand the X. I now resent Tim Cook and every jackass who had a say in how this piece of crap came to be the piece of crap that it is. It is simply just a piece of crap.

What were they thinking? It's hardly edge to edge, the notch, Face ID, and the biggest deal breaker for me, the X's screen is narrower than the width of a Plus. My wife said I'm being melodramatic and that I'm acting like a kid. Is she mad? She won't be upgrading from a Plus model so she doesn't know any better. Again what was Apple thinking? Tim Cook needs to go back to being a number cruncher at Apple and get someone in who understands quality products and not just profit. Fark him. Is there anyway I can get him to read my OP? I want him to read this. I want him to see what people around the world think of his piece of crap pride and joy.

How farken dare Apple release an iphone which has failed miserably to live up to the high standard that the 10th year anniversary iphone deserved. Don't get me wrong, I love iPhones but I hate the X with a passion.

I've seen some divide on opinion in my time on these forums, but this is the biggest. What does that tell you? When the Plus was released in 2014, at least we had a choice, bigger or smaller. There was also the protruding lense issue in 2014 which was overcome by getting a skin, and of course bendgate which was rectified with reinforcements inside the device. When touch ID came out, we had the option to deactivate it and just use the passcode option as we had always done up to that point. Last year when the 7 came out with no headphone jack, people could still use the connector if they wanted to listen to their music with wire.

But what about this year? Accept the fact that if you want the flagship device, you have to live with the notch, you have to live with Face ID and you have to now accept smaller width if you were a Plus user? Fark that! And fark Apple!

I always used to tell Android users that with Apple, there is no choice you need to make because everything in the iphone was premium. In recent years the only choices we had to make were colour and size, clearly superior phone or crearly inferior phone (SE). But now what? Do I forgoe usable real estate for less bezels? Do I forgoe the supposed flagship because the screen is smaller in width? Do I give up touch id for something which is still an unproven replacement? I'm not going to have the best of both worlds in the one device this year because of Tim Cook and his pack of gallahs. I am going to have to sacrifice something irrespective of whether I go with the 8 Plus or the X.

It's bad enough we have a protruding lense and no jack, now the flagship has this annoying AF notch, no touch ID and again, a screen which is smaller in width than a Plus so the aspect ratio is completely messed up. What are they doing, what were they thinking? The X is horrible, the worst iphone ever made, it's flawed in so many ways. They want us to pay over a grand ($1,800 if you live in Australia (Melbourne) like me) for a device with an IOS that is still essentially stuck in 2013, for a device that has no headphone jack and a camera lense which still protrudes, which has the annoying notch, no touch ID and of couse a screen which is smaller in width than a Plus model. Honestly, GGF'd Apple. It's been said by others here that the X is 2 steps forward and 2 steps back, that it is a concept phone, and they are spot on. Yet the circus that Apple has become under Cook decided to introduce this baloney on the 10th year anniversary, the imbeciles.

Apple has lost the plot. Tim Cook and everyone with a position of power at Apple needs to fark off from Apple before the iphone becomes an even bigger farce. I'm going to go into an Apple store in my city and show every single employee in the store this post. What's Tim's email address? He needs to read this, the incompetent clown that he is. People will say "but Apple will laugh all the way to the bank" bla bla bla, but that's no thanks to Tim Cook, he is merely driving the bus that Steve Jobs built, and he's slowly driving it into a ditch. He needs to go. Tim Cook, if you're reading this, please, please, fark off, and take the X with you. Please, just go.

As far as I'm concerned, the X may as well be called the XXX and use genitalia ID instead.

Roll on 2018. Another 12 months with my 6 Plus. Oh well, at least I will save $1,800 for what I hope is a better X next year.

I didn't think in a million years I'd ever write an OP like this, but there you have it. And you got Cook to thank.

Rant over.

That is all.

2. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

3. vintagebob, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017

vintagebob macrumors regular

vintagebob

LOL

I'm not, I'm not, I'm not...

Find the lit sign that says EXIT and follow Elvis out of the building.

4. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

We can found hundred of Tim cook
    but cannot found Steve J

5. psymac macrumors 6502

Two words for you: Galaxy S8.

Try that for a month and really rant then.

6. danny842003 macrumors 6502a

danny842003

'I hate an inanimate object' thats just weird to start with, its like words have zero meaning in 2017. But to hate an object you haven't even held or experienced is just bat **** crazy.

Every once in a while they are actually right.

7. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

I think you're taking this all a little bit too personally.

Edit: Finally read your little rant. How farkin dare Apple make what they did? They don't work for you.

8. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

I think SteveJob and Scott Forstall are really good pair
    Tim/Ivy is mafia pair ...

what you can do ... stronger servivor

9. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

Then he'll say Tim Cooks is the best thing since...Steve Jobs. :p

10. iMi macrumors 65816

iMi

I'm with you. I am underwhelmed by the X to say the least. The esthetics of the notch alone are a huge turn off for me.

Last year I bought the 6S after the 7 was released. I still want dedicated headphone jack. So, sticking with it another year.

11. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

Kids , when you lose your mind , this is what happens

12. vintagebob macrumors regular

vintagebob

We will all be standing in line to buy the phone that you and your company create and sell. ; )

I mean Apple started in a garage. How hard can it be...

13. iScone macrumors 6502

iScone

Correction on a few points, OP:

1. You can turn Face ID off of you like. You can also turn attention detection off if you don't want to have to look at the phone you're about to look at anyway.

2. The notch you so despise is significantly thinner than the bezels on your current phone. You'd have a bigger and better screen with the X. In landscape mode, you're right. Better quality but less of it. So stick with what you have, then.

3. What we're hearing about Face ID sounds incredible. I'm amazed that so many here are unwilling to embrace it. By the time we pick up the phone and swipe up, it will already have unlocked it. Face ID is that fast.

The rest of your unhinged rant isn't warranted. You're not entitled to your opinion about a phone you've never handled and never read a single review about.

Ultimately mate, listen to your wife.

14. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

Try it out first at the apple store. You never know. You might have that eerie sensation when you use animoj while saying, "look at me, I'm a talking fox."

On the real, I hear you. Buy what you need.

15. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Your wife is right. It's just a phone. If you don't like it, buy a different one. People act like it's a personal betrayal if the latest gadget doesn't meet their expectations.

16. TMRJIJ macrumors 68040

TMRJIJ

Your wife was right. You are being Melodramatic.
    P.S Putting this at the top or your rant does not help your case nor does it make your opinion more credible. It actually does the opposite. People already put you into these categories the second you wrote this.

17. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

I'd love to know what people did prior to the internet, to share their feelings on things...

18. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

"Dear diary...."

19. shokunin macrumors regular

OP, get over it. You sound like a 9-year old having a tantrum. If you don't like it, then buy the iPhone 8 plus which has the screen width you're so in love with.

20. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Crikey. Someone tell this guy an 8 & 8+ were also released.

21. shootertwist14 macrumors member

I agree with you on the part that it was underwhelming, plus the part they had the nerve to still come up with an 8/8+ when they could have gone with the iphone x all the way. Like you i was so looking forward to the unveiling of the flagship iphone but was underwhelmed with it, plus the worst part the release is still in november... would have been nice if it was available on their regular release cycle, instead they decided to milk that iphone 6/6+ design for the fourth time... i will still get the iphone X, have no choice if u want to stay with ios which is very solid for me, if only the galaxy s8 and note 8 comes with ios11 then it would be a great pairing lol

22. Speechless macrumors 6502a

OH MY GOD
    [​IMG]

23. Fancuku macrumors 65816

Fancuku

How can you hate something that you don't have or have no experience with?

24. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

Tim Cook really slim now .. skinny and old ... maybe too much pressure for him handle big company,
    soon he might done .... apple need to move foward for new step ,

25. dumastudetto macrumors 68040

You're entitled to your opinion. But please don't pretended you're in the majority. The proof will be in the sales when ordering goes live. The iPhone X launch will break the internet as millions upon millions of orders roll in. Tim Cook won't be getting fired for that kind of response from customers :)

26. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.