I hate the X with a passion and Tim Cook needs to go

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Deeds500, Sep 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deeds500 thread starter macrumors 6502

Totally undecided. I indicated in my OP that I'm unsure, the problem is some advantages are in the X and some advantages are in the 8+. And that's part of why I'm so jacked off, I got to make a decision and I don't know which to make. The less width is putting me off the X and the X being the flagship is putting me off the 8+. If the X had the same screen width = to the 8+ I'd be swaying to the X notwithstanding the notch and no touch ID. I'm torn. The screen width is something I don't want to lose. But...I want ghe latest and greatest. So now I'm in a rock and a hard place.

2. jaexprojectxd macrumors member

jaexprojectxd

If you think 2 months is bad, then imagine what it was like waiting for the original iPhone. I still remember Steve jobs announcing the OG iPhone 1/9/07, with a launch date of 6/29/07 LoL

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I like the X. I'm getting one as soon as the sim-free version is out.

4. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

Wait till it comes out and check them out.

5. Deeds500 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

Psst...thats what i'm doing to. Actually. TBH, i would actually wait not just when it comes out, but watch out for actual people who bought it and doing their reviews. I'm not talking about big name video reviewers, but regular joe guys doing video reviews.

7. zakarhino macrumors demi-god

zakarhino

What am I reading?

[​IMG]

I do agree with some of what you're saying though, primarily the fact that the iPhone lineup is now pretty convoluted and nonsensical... In fact I think that could be said for the entire product line at Apple right now, too many different versions of a product that are all essentially versions of the same thing.

8. Deeds500 thread starter macrumors 6502

I am going to my local Apple store and I'm gonna spend time looking at both. I may have to go a few times. If sales go as anticipated, I won't be getting a new iphone in 2017 anyway and by the time I am able to get one, I may be totally past this and just hold out for the 2018I keynote to see what it delivers. But if 2018 is like 2017, the my OP will be bang on point.

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I remember my jaw hanging for just about that long! :D

10. Deeds500 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, that's what I'm trying to get across. Some people will get the latest and greatest no matter what. It's ingrained in them. Me on the other hand, I'm thinking hold on a minute, the X's screen is skinnier than the plus, how can it be the greatest? It's very Android like. Not Apple at all, well under Cook it is.

11. MacCheeseLai macrumors member

MacCheeseLai

Try not to over think it OP, it's just a phone.

I'm also coming from a 6+ and I'm upgrading to an 8+ out of familiarity. No X, Y or Z thanks. Well at least until it's gone through a few gen's.

12. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

I share some of the OPs frustrations. I think the iPhone X an overpriced marketing product, but my answer to that is not to buy it. I'll get an older model that'll work just as well and be more manageable financially. My enthusiasm for preordering new iPhones disappeared last year when Apple introduced Brexit tax. I'm not getting caught thanks.

13. Deeds500 thread starter macrumors 6502

YNWA

14. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I will be honest, I upgrade every single year and I like having new tech/hardware. But even the iPhone X for me, is slightly off putting with the price point. I hope this is not an annual trend every year with iPhone continually increase in price point, but I'm willing to give the iPhone X a chance, which hopefully it delivers a good experience.

15. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

If you don't like it don't get it. There's plenty of great android options

16. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Or iPhone options for us iPhone users of course.

17. bpeeps macrumors 68030

bpeeps

We all know you'll have the X in November, complaints aside. You aren't fooling anyone but the naive.

18. Zipster3 Suspended

I would be more peed off that I have to live in Melbourne, can’t blame Tim for that. :)

19. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

Talk to themselves, cat, or neighbor. Since internet neighbor shootings down 23%

20. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Indeed, where would you have written that before the World Wide Web existed? lol

21. danny842003 macrumors 6502a

danny842003

dont be like that Melbourne is fine, it's just all the Victorians that are the problem.

22. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

I love how iphone X provides worse user experience. How is that possible? Have you used it? Have you give yourself several weeks of trying it out? No? Don't have one yet. Why don't you hold your comments about user experience until you actually have used it. Dah.......

23. Nozuka macrumors 68020

people should stop blaming tim cook for everything. there are alot of teams working on the devices and i doubt any of the design decisions get made by a single person alone.

24. danny842003 macrumors 6502a

danny842003

Steve Jobs used to make every decision. Tim Cook is so useless he had to tell Cook what to have for tea!!!!

25. George Dawes macrumors 6502a

George Dawes

Fire Cook and make Craig CEO !

or Scott , someone with charisma not a boring dull uncreative pleb like timbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.