I hate the X with a passion and Tim Cook needs to go

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Deeds500, Sep 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Serves Apple right i guess for announcing a phone that won't be released for 2 months, getting everyone's hopes and expectations up. If it's this bad now, I can't imagine what it's going to be like in October.

2. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

everyone has different taste..that's all.

3. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

I think he is in the majority. The iPhone X is absolutely hideous, but I agree and lets see how people respond when it is released.

4. Theophil1971, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017

Theophil1971 macrumors 6502

Theophil1971

Ok. In a moment of drunken rage, I responded to the OP’s ridiculous, immature, melodramatic petulance with a profanity laced tirade and an obscene GIF.

In the interest of not being banned, I’m retracting the obscenities. But let it be known that I’m SICK TO DEATH of these stupid “I’m not a troll or hater or fanboy” hating, trolling, long-winded fanboy diatribes. These anti-establishment open-source Android warriors are just as bad as the social-justice weenies who can’t stop congratulating themselves for every “microagression” they so boldly decry.

It’s an APPLE PRODUCT FORUM, for the love of Mary’s manger-born child. If you’ve got nothing good to say, then head on over to the Android/Samsung/Copycat forums (wherever they may be) and pat yourself on the back for taking such a COURAGEOUS and ORIGINAL stand against the lemming masses.

5. santela macrumors regular

Ok I'm unimpressed by the X as well, but ur wife is right, you are being melodramatic. If your biggest beef with the X is the narrower screen size, then you should probably wait one more year and see if Apple comes out with the X Plus.

Or if you can deal with android, get a Note 8. I've been drooling over that device but not really confident that I'll like android. There are choices out there, just not with iOS...

6. bambooshots Suspended

bambooshots

Sounds like OP jumped on the iPhone X hype train and then discovered it had no coal.

7. Macalway macrumors 68030

Apple should have tried to somehow cover the notch as it apparently is making people unstable.

8. uwdude macrumors 6502a

I think I would tell most people, if you have to have an iPhone this year, go ahead and get the 8 or 8+. The X is still an unknown first generation type of product, especially the Face ID. The chances are too great for there to be some type of widespread issue. Not to mention the price. If you get the X just realize you are once again being a guinea pig early adopter.

9. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

Buy based on your need and values. Use your judgement. There is no end all phones.

10. Sunshoopa macrumors 6502

Sunshoopa

The hate on the X reminds me of the “The iPad is just a phone with a over sized screen... It’s so stupid” vibes.

11. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

How about you grow thicker skin. If not then forums are not for you.

12. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Tim Cook is great at the operations of running a trillion-dollar company, but not the innovative mind Apple needs.

13. NeonKingKong macrumors member

NeonKingKong

Same here. I have a 6 and I'm considering going android for the first time. If theres some comparable apps I will. The headphone jack alone is laughable. Come on. So basically it costs 1000$ because it takes really good selfies? Or you can talk like a cartoon goat or something? Smh. Apple products do look nice though. It is just not worth paying that much.

14. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Not the CEO's job. He needs to surround himself with people much smarter and innovative than himself.

15. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

The lack of anonymity made us less snarky, that's for sure. :D

16. masotime macrumors 68020

masotime

17. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

It's not Tim Cook. Why do people keep bashing Cook??? He's actually really good. Apple is just like any corporation who answers to a board of directors. When they had Steve jobs, he could tell them to put a sock in it. Cook can't do that. Nobody can.

18. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Skinny and old? That's all you have? Dude...

19. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

It’s an Apple forum to discuss both the good and the bad. Forum members are able to state their opinions whether everyone agrees or not and just because someone is critical of the iPhone... doesn’t make them an android warrior.

20. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

Telling someone to put a sock in it is a true leadership.

21. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

Dude, did you sort of just insult your wife? "Not knowing any better" is very different from IDGAF. I think she knows plenty and, like honey badger, doesn't give a poop animoji about it all.

I'll wait until I have it in hand to decide if I hate it. I may very well hate it. Or I may end up very pleasantly surprised. I'll rant plenty when I know what I'm ranting about. Right now it's all conjecture.

22. santela macrumors regular

It's ridiculous that you would think people are only allowed to say good things about Apple here. This is an Apple product forum, where people discuss Apple products, whether they are good or bad. It's not an echo chamber for people to blindly praise anything with an Apple logo on it.

If you get so worked up every time someone has a different opinion, then you are the one who should probably stop visiting forums for your own good.

23. IllIllIll macrumors 65816

Yes you are.

24. KhunJay macrumors 6502

KhunJay

I think they were a bit more introspective…they held things in and considered them carefully….lived with them for a while…and then said, 'naaah, I sound like a dick".

25. MorganHiller macrumors newbie

MorganHiller

Phew! You tell your wife how upset you are over a phone you have never used? A phone! haha.. classic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.