I hate the X with a passion and Tim Cook needs to go

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Deeds500, Sep 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Of course but I meant in other new devices that are out

2. bushman4 macrumors 68020

Wait till you see the iPhone X in real life
    And if you don't like it don't buy it

3. sammy2066, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017

sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

A couple of points - I think the argument that you can't opine on a product, simply because you've not used it yet is completely flawed. They're called demos for a reason, and they provide a pretty good idea of how the end user experience will shake out, even without using the product. From what I've seen, most hatred for the iPhone X is squarely directed at its design and compromises made to the iOS user experience (i.e. awkward gestures) in order to accommodate that design. As it turns out, I also hate the notch - it's ugly and unbecoming of Apple that this even made it past concept phase. Now, Apple has always had its nose up in the air and their ego is second to none - hence the push with the UX guidelines to 'embrace the notch'. So we'll design something ugly and 'unapologetically' embrace it, just to 'stand out' from the crowd and 'differentiate' our product. I'm sorry, but that's an idiotic position to adopt, and they will realize this when sales figures aren't great. I will not be buying the iPhone X - I will not validate products with a sub-par design and UX with my hard-earned dollars. Thanks for reading.

4. mackinmike macrumors 6502a

Well it is. Who cares if if it benchmarks higher than a modern day cpu if most people just use it for email, selfies, snap, Instagram and browsing. You make it sound like the phone will be used to find prime numbers and find signals for aliens. Smh.

5. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

The only thing I'm worried with the X screen is the pentile matrix they apparently used (think galaxy s5) and quality of the oled display itself, which might not be on par with Samsung's later offerings (and I'm not talking about the display resolution itself)...

6. dumastudetto macrumors 68040

It can be used for those things if you want, that is the point. This is how insanely powerful these new iPhones are.

7. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

At the minimum I would guess Galaxy S6 generation OLED display which features a diamond pentile matrix and was the best in the business that year. Certainly better than every Apple display ever made.

8. martin2345uk macrumors 6502a

Are you still planning to do this part? If so, any chance you could get someone to film it and post it on YouTube?

9. Deeds500 thread starter macrumors 6502

Melbourne Storm, that is all ;)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 17, 2017 ---
    My word I am. You wouldn't know Cook's email addy would you?

10. Tom G. macrumors 68020

Tom G.

Apparently the professional pundits do not agree with the naysayers here as they are predicting shortages of the iPhone X well into 2018. Meaning I’ll have to wait to lay my Apple loving hands on my new silver 256 gig iPhone X. :(

11. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

12. Deeds500, Sep 17, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017

Deeds500 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mate I'm still with the 6 Plus. 3 years with the same iphone, anothrr year won't kill me, as painful as that will be. And I upgraded to the 6+ from the 4S, two iphones in 5 years. I'm not going to blindly dive into any of this year's models until I have tried them in the store. I've calmed down since I wrote the op so I am going to be methodical about my decision. And that decision could very well be sit this year out. Two years now without buying in. The fact is the X is a horror. Compare it to the 4S, the 4S for it's time was the sleekest IP ever made, IMO. The X in comparison is just garbage, it looks as if Apple ran out of time to finish it, it looks like a work in progress, an unfinished product. Hopefully Apple use the next 12 months to make it twice the device it should have been this year.
    At least we don't have to drink XXXX. There's that letter again, X :eek:
    But again, that's not going to be a reflection on the quality of tbe device, or lack thereof. The next iphone could be in the shape of a turd and be the colour brown and it will still sell because all the Apple fans will buy it regardless, plus all those who couldn't care about tech but just want a smartphone. And that in the long run will be everyone's farking problem. You know why? Because Apple will think it can do as it pleases, produce crappier and crappier phones and still get richer and richer in the process. Is them getting richer and richer going to help you when in 2025 you still won't be able to personalise your iphone and multitask on it? The X sucks, it will sell out, but it sucks nonetheless. It's probably the worst iphone ever made.

13. Nozuka macrumors 68020

i doubt it. the brightness is too low on that one. only the max brightness with "auto" turned on reached iphone 7 levels.
    even the galaxy s7 usually had lower brightness, except again with auto turned on.

but speaking from personal experience (i switched from the S7 to the 7), the iphone 7 is usually easier to read in sunlight. the s7 would not always reach its max levels, even though they should have been a bit higher according to displaymate. i guess the 7 just has a steadier performance in that area, because it's base brightness is alot higher.

but i might be wrong. who knows how apple measures this and this is the first oled screen in an iphone. the S7 screen would definitely be an upgrade in most other cases.

but i suspect it is more complicated than that and the screen was custom built to apples specifications.

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    The topic seems to be beaten to death other then people yelling past each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.