Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ouruniverse06131986

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2021
I was ready to buy the iPad 12’9 just for the bigger screen.
but, then I decided to go with the iPad 10 generation that I bought in December 2023. It wasn’t the BIG screen that I wanted but, after days of using it I loved it more and more each day. Then the ipad Air 13 Inch was announced and I had NO intensions whatsoever to buy it. Yeah, the screen was bigger than the 12’9 so when I tried it for literally for a few seconds at the Apple Store I wanted it now I thought the screen was huge.

then yesterday Friday morning when I woke up I didn’t plan on buying it I still didn’t knew if I actually wanted or not. But, the voice inside of me kept telling me “go buy it right now” I went I bought it with trade in with the iPad 10 gen and paid the rest with my credit card.

i am now sitting here writing this with the Magic Keyboard and trackpad that i pair to it. And I LOVE TO USE IT WITH THE KEYBOARD AND TRACKPAD, it DOES feel a little bit TO ME like a laptop. A little. I love the big screen, i mean i wish I could’ve gotten the 2 TB. But, i already downloaded my apps and “made it“ to look a little bit like an actual laptop with the “stage thingy- whatever is called” and with the apps not going full screen so the bottom “dock” could still be visible. I mean i didn’t wanted an actual laptop to begin with and not planning on buying one.

anyways. I don’t regret on buying it because the main reason i wanted an iPad was for the biggest screen possible and well…i have it Now.
just sharing my thoughts. If you have questions i could answer them.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
OP you are wrong.
Actually the 13 Air has the same size as the old 12.9” pro.
Just the new 13” pro has a real 13”.

Here from apples website:

the 13-inch iPad Pro is 13 inches, the 12.9-inch iPad Pro is 12.9 inches, the 11-inch iPad Pro (M4) is 11.1 inches, the 11-inch iPad Pro (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation) is 11 inches, the 13-inch iPad Air is 12.9 inches

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
OP you are wrong.
Actually the 13 Air has the same size as the old 12.9” pro.
Just the new 13” pro has a real 13”.

Here from apples website:

the 13-inch iPad Pro is 13 inches, the 12.9-inch iPad Pro is 12.9 inches, the 11-inch iPad Pro (M4) is 11.1 inches, the 11-inch iPad Pro (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation) is 11 inches, the 13-inch iPad Air is 12.9 inches

But it's still a bit lighter than previous Air, AFAIK.

It's a great device OP, enjoy!

Reactions: mikedude86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.