All iPads I just want ALL of them!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lspice, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Lspice macrumors regular

Lspice

Ok guys, I am putting this here because there is no one in my life I can talk to about this. Everyone thinks I'm a crazy person. I have an iPad Pro 12.9 that I love. I have it in a Logitech Create case and I love the case too. I also have an iPad mini 4 that I love, and I have an iPhone 6s Plus. I keep everything backed up with an old but awesomely reliable MacBook Air that just serves as a desktop now and doesn't leave the house. I can access it remotely with splash top anytime I need it.

Now I am about two days away from getting the new 9.7! What is wrong with me? I love all three iPad sizes and have uses for all three of them. I gave my son my iPad Air 2 when I got my 12.9 Pro and I miss the size. Now that there is a new one out that I can use my pencil on I am excited to try it.

When I went into the Apple Store in 2007 and touched the first iPhone, something came over me that I have not been able to shake. It was just magic to me in a way my MacBook wasn't. I still get that feeling when I open and set up a new device. I know that iOS has some limitations but I love it and love devices that run it.

So... You can berate me for making a useless thread, fuss at me for over consumption of iPads, or gush right along with me.

Just needed a place to say this. Thanks!

2. TripleMoxy macrumors regular

I'm in a similar place. I have the 12.9 Pro but I'm mulling over getting the 9.7 Pro. The excuse I'm using is that it might be a more portable note taking device.

3. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

If the main things in life are being taken care of and you have the extra money for those things then.... enjoy!

Some people take lots of trips, others spend a lot of time and money on customizing their cars. Adding up the cost of those devices, it is still far cheaper and you're getting quite a bit of enjoyment out of them so I'd say it is money well-spent.

4. jmeas macrumors regular

jmeas

I feel similarly. I have both the 9.7" and 12.9" Pro, and I'm a huge fan of both.

I use the 9.7" Pro most of the day, for taking notes and sketching things while at work. At night, I use the 12.9" pro for watching shows or doing tasks that require split screen while writing. It's great to have both, even though I feel a little silly having > $2000 worth of iPads haha.

5. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I feel the same way too. The only device I don't have is the 12.9" Pro because it is just too awkward for me to handle. I get excited at every Apple launch. :apple::)

6. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

This exactly. For me, only purpose of a car is to get me from point A to point B so I don't spend a lot on those. I just buy a new Honda or Toyota and then use them until maintenance becomes an issue (hoping to get 15-20 years). That leaves me with plenty of funds to feed my tech addiction (not limited to Apple products). :)

7. Retops macrumors regular

It is nice to know that one is not alone. I really like to experiment with new devices, get a lot of pleasure out of them, and am not hurting anyone else. i sometimes feel a bit of regret that I have to feed my addiction, but then I don't miss any meals, am still working pretty hard well past normal retirement age, and am more at ease and conversant with technology than more people I know. While my primary work tools are the IPad Pro 9.7 and an aging MB Air (about to be replaced by a 2016 Retina Macbook), I will admit to have plenty of backup equipment if I had to put something in the shop.

8. kim2272 macrumors regular

kim2272

I can relate! I had to show your post to my significant other just to show that I am not the only one! I had the iPad Air 2 and recently gave that away and bought an iPad Pro 12.9" and an iPad mini 4. I already have an iPhone 6s+ and a rMBP and felt like this would be overkill but it really has made my life more enjoyable. I'm now waiting to find a good deal on an iMac! I'm also hoping a new iPad mini with pencil support comes out soon :)

9. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

Every time I go into an Apple Store, I want to get everything in the store. So, yes, I can relate. I already have a 15-inch MBP, the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, and an iPhone 6s Plus. And yet I want the new 2016 MacBook, the 9.7-inch iPad Pro, and the iPhone SE. I would like a 5k iMac, as well. Is there a support group for me? :oops:

10. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Lol, yes! It's important to have backups. That said, I can repair my (Windows) laptops and desktops myself and have boxes full of spare parts. ;) Only devices that I can't repair are the iPhones and iPads and those, I can easily get replaced at the local Apple Store. :)

11. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

Heh... you still have a long way to go. You should get an iPhone SE, 6S, 6S+, Apple TV, Apple Watch (Sport and Edition as well), iPod Nano, iPod Touch, Mac Pro, rMB, rMBP 13" and 15", iMac 21.5" and 27", AirPort Express / Extreme, Smart Keyboards / Pencil, even those funky iPhone battery cases... I can't remember anything else...

(all the top models of course)

12. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    The 9.7 iPadPro, is Apples crowning achievement, just amazing

13. stevey69 macrumors regular

This was the reason why I bought the 12.9, then realized it was too big to carry out of the house with. Then bought the 9.7 and now have no regrets being the owner of iPad mini, Pro 9.7 and 12.9 and have uses for ALL three of them. I use my iPad for most hours of the day with my apple pencil regardless of 12.9 or 9.7 but its MUCH easier to travel with. Some people just love iPads too much, nothing wrong. Simply obsession.

14. lax28 macrumors regular

lax28

I have both. Always wanted the 9.7 with ability to take notes/edit pdf files. So I got the 12.9 when it came out, but for the portability i also got a 9.7 when it was released. I really use a mix of 3 devices rMBP (basically my desktop, but it travels to from work daily) my iPP9.7 also travels daily and gets used daily at work away from my desk. At home I use the iPP12.9, unless I am doing something that requires OS X. Before getting the iPP9.7 I was using my Air2, but having pencil support is so important to me that I had to upgrade and give my wife the Air2 and sell her iPad Air.

15. infernoguy macrumors regular

infernoguy

I thought I was the only one LOL!!! I have exactly what you have and my GF thinks I'm crazy. I bough her a iPad Pro 9.7 (not so crazy anymore) and now I'm thinking about getting one for me to go along with my mini 4 and iPad Pro 12.9.

My name is InfernoGuy and I'm an Apple addict!

16. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I have an iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Macbook (2015) and a rMBP (2012) currently, but have recently had the bug to purchase an iPad Pro 12.9". I really can't think of a specific use case other than just having a bigger iPad for around the house/hotel when on travel and use the iPad Air 2 for portability. It is a true obsession because really from the Mini to the Pro 12.9" I'll essentially be doing the same things with each iPad.

2nd the user where this is not just limited to Apple. I also have a myriad of Android tablets (Nex7 2013, Dell Venue 7840 and a Samsung Tab S2 8.0") and have recently sold an iPad Mini 2 and 4 with the Samsung Tab replacing that form factor for me...

17. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Hello, I am Lspice, and I have a problem. Welcome to the club!!

18. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Don't worry, you have come to the right place! Where all of us crazies can be honest about our addiction/obsession/love of Apple products. If you follow my posts, you will see that my device setup changes almost weekly at this point.

Get the 9.7 and enjoy the hell out of it. As someone else said, if your bills are paid and things are good, go crazy:)

19. chasonstone macrumors regular

chasonstone

Another for getting it as long as it's not putting you in a financial burden of anything! I'd have a lot more if my wallet allowed for it :p

20. ccrgt macrumors regular

I own an Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9 with Apple Pencil, iMac, iPhone 6s, Apple TV. My family all think I'm mad but hubby has given up trying to talk me out of the next newest Apple product. My family all have my hand-me-downs when I upgrade: husband owns an iPad (old one but he doesn't care), one daughter has my old iPad Air 2, other daughter has iPad mini, another iPad mini is a display one for photos etc. I lust after the gold or rose gold MacBook 12 inch, as well as a few more Apple products I am keeping my eye on. I just love it when Apple releases new products - I get so excited!

My name is Carolyn and I am an Apple addict.

21. infernoguy macrumors regular

infernoguy

This! Everyone else is excited when a new Apple product comes out because they get the old stuff.

22. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I don't really have any interest in the largest iPad, but I do have an Air 2 and a mini 2, and I really want a mini 4. The mini 2 is pretty annoying to use sometimes, but I prefer the Air 2 and just can't seem to pay for a second iPad.

23. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Good to know that iPad lust is not unique to me! I must show this thread to family to prove that. Haha.

I have 3, as listed below. iPad 2 was my first, went to family member when I just had to have retina screen iPad 4, iPad AIR got passed down when I had to have Air2 ...

I love the 12.9 and use it the most but it is wifi only and home-based, the others are cellular and one or both go almost everywhere with me though are also used at home.

I don't feel tempted by the 9.7 pro, the three I have do all I need ... For now.

24. larzy, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016

larzy macrumors regular

larzy

I gotta confess I'm also an iPadoholic... I sold my Air 2 when I bought the big iPad Pro 12.9, and I absolutely love the device. But owning an larger iPad, makes smaller ones seems even smaller - might sound stupid, but that changed my way of using the devices. I sold my mini, which I started feeling was way to small. So today I have my 6S+, and recently bought an iPad Pro 9.7 as a "mini" iPad - but looking back I think I should have kept my Air 2, because for me the difference is not big enough between those two devices, if you also own the 12.9 Pro... just my two cents :)

The bigger pro is the perfect device for multitasking and I love using the device at home. When leaving the house, I bring along the smaller pro. Neither device are for me replacements for a laptop - they are tablets, but I'm curious to see what iOS 10 will bring to the table regarding new features and use of the devices.

25. mlovergaard macrumors 6502

mlovergaard

I have this with the Macbooks, even the older ones I don't use them on a daily basis, but I need to have them, same with iPods, I have almost every ipod released, but I am always on eBay looking for more.

Also I am soooo close to buying the 12.9 iPad Pro, it would be an upgrade from the iPad Air so I guess I can justify it, I don't really need the bigger screen size, however after having played with it in the Apple Store I have fallen in love with it, I would say almost to the point of obsession, I don't think I could ever be happy with the 9.7 iPP.