I love the Solo FX Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by itunes2000, Jun 22, 2009.

1. itunes2000 macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

I love that case

Its the perfect bulk

Perfect color (i have red)

the apple logo shows through

there are also cases with out the circle pattern

i reccomend everyone get that case

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Guess what else is awesome about this case?
    Real life pics.
    Post 'em up cowboy.

3. itunes2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

iLounge Pics - my only camera is my iPhone

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the ones with the circle come with a shiny screen protector
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

I just ordered one due to my concern over the Incase Slider, which I've been using for the past year on my iPhone 3G. From what I've read and heard from those who have reviewed these cases, it's an excellent mix of hard-shell rigidity and soft material that's easy to get on and off, retains its shape, and doesn't scratch the device.

Quite excited to see how it actually is once it arrives.

5. avigalante macrumors 6502

avigalante

What color did you order? I'm torn between the black Solo and breeze Solo FX (which looks darker when put on a black iPhone 3G)...

6. kicko macrumors 65816

I just got one too and i like it a lot. The one downside is it can push the screen protectors corners up. I thought i did it by accident when i put it on but after changing to a new one the opposite corner decided to push up. Its not really a big deal. On my wife's it does not push the corners up at all, so i guess it just my luck.

I think they are a bit overpriced but then again i think ALL cases are overpriced.

I also bought a "look-a-like" solo fx off ebay for $5(shipping including from china) so i can try that out and see how that matches up against iskin's. From the pics it looked almost the same minus the tapering towards the bottom corners. They even have colors that iskin doesn't have (clear, transparent black, pink) I'm excited to see how close these cases are because $5 is much more reasonable.

I was worried about the breeze color looking "girly" so i got the red FX. They do look darker on the backside for sure. You can get the FX cases from APS pro store online for $25 and the use the fall10 coupon for 10% off.

7. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

I'm a guy. I much prefer the look of either white or black cases (I own a white and gunmetal Incase slider), but one of the most appealing aspects of these cases is the ability to see through to the Apple logo and fine print on the back. Both white and black Solo cases are opaque. Additionally, given that the material is likely a bit more tacky than hard plastic itself, I was worried that black would show too much gunk and the white would get discolored too much.

I ordered the breeze solo FX. It's a nice blue color, and looks rather muted on a black iPhone 3G S. I would have preferred it without the circles, and don't intend to use the mirror screen protector, but oh well. The standard Solo colors really aren't that great.

8. avigalante macrumors 6502

avigalante

Nice; is it fairly easy to slide in-and-out of a pocket?

9. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

I haven't received it yet. I'll be sure to let you know once I get it, though. It's easy to slide in and out from what I've heard. Apparently after a few hours of in-hand use most of the tack on the back goes away, and it feels like smooth plastic.

10. noneother macrumors member

I just purchased the InCase Slider for my new 3Gs, what were your issues with it??

I like the photos of the solo.. are those in any retail store? I bought the Slider, after I made the Apple Store lacky, put it on a 3G demo,

11. itunes2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

it slides very easy into pockets

its like a hard case once its put on

but still has that "hard gell" feeling

so its durable and easy to take off

12. V4705 macrumors 6502

anyone have high res photos of the solo fx on black iphone?
    thanks!

13. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 3G S is currently in a slider, but the cases really did a number on my iPhone 3G. The back has quite deep scratches in several places, the buttons have noticeable scuff marks from sliding it in-out of the case, and there are also some deep scratches on the side.

In general, while I love the feel of the slider in my hand, it's a flawed design for those interested in keeping their phone in pristine condition. I think I'm going to feel a lot better with a semi-soft plastic case that has a soft interior to protect from scratches, but still feels similar to a hard case on the outside.

14. noneother macrumors member

thanks for the detail.. I am hoping to keep it in the case as much as possible.

I will keep on eye on that..

15. kicko macrumors 65816

the slider is a well designed case with one BIG flaw... it has to slide in and out. If there is one spec of dirt inside it will drag along the entire back. Just logic to me if you drag or pull something there is friction. I much perfer cases that pop in and out.

I can take a pic of the iskin solo's as best i can of the red and green FX later on. The knock-off i bought from ebay is the breeze color. I'll show pics of that one when it comes.

16. noneother macrumors member

I agree. honestly I have no intention of taking it out.. I would like it if Zagg or another skins maker, made Colored skins...

I just want that damn chrome bezel gone.. but not not willing to give 200 bucks and my phone for 2 weeks to get colorware to do it..

the InCase Frame, another thread, looks like a nice option as well.

17. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

I would have gone with the Frame if the rubber/silicone that they use didn't suck. They should really use a similar material to the Solo for the sides.

18. lilvenom macrumors member

i'm really liking this case for my 3GS except for 2 things-

1. the headphone hole is not completely centered properly over the iphone head jack- i have to push it a little every time i plug in my apple in ear headphones

2. (and this is more my problem than the case's) my new phone seems to get real dusty in my pockets no matter which i put it in- and that dust collects a little under the solo fx case.

but otherwise i love the csae.

19. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

That is relatively common and I did change one Solo FX for another due to this. However, massaging does help to a certain degree.

20. kicko macrumors 65816

The frame case is horrible! the silicone gets dirty and the clear backs scratch super easy. Theres that new case-mate reveal that is very similar but the silicone is on the inside. Clearly after 2 years of cases there is not one clear cut winner.

i have had:
    spg thin case -- 1st case had layer of coating peel off, 2nd was not molded properly and the top right corner would crack/split

incipio feather -- nice very thin, bottom was exposed, and no shock protection

speck candyshell -- very good protection, not many colors, added bulk

iskin solo fx -- best i like so far, great material, some shock protection, chrome completely covered, not too bulky.

21. klb028 macrumors 6502

22. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I have more cases than I care to admit, the Iskin Solo is my favorite of all of them. It's light, not bulky, it fits over my front and back best skin ever and it's glossy without getting loaded with scratches.

Excellent excellent case.....The Iskin Solo cases are the top dog IMO. My Incase Slider, Capsule Rebel, Capsule Neo, Griffin IClear, you name it, they all sit on a shelf now.

23. bowlby87 macrumors member

bowlby87

I have a green one on my iPhone 3G and its probably going to be my case of choice when my 3GS arrives tomoz.

I've used and collected a lot of cases, Switcheasy Rebels/Neo, Speck Candyshell/SeeThru, Contour Flick etc etc and this is deffo one of the best :)

24. jblock macrumors regular

Like others have noted, this is the one of the better cases. But dust will still collect under the edges and can scratch the bezel. I have a few minor scratches already. I think I'll just go back my Waterfield sleeve, which although bulky won't scratch any part of the phone.

25. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Not if you have a skin on it. I have a best skin ever on the back of my phone which also covers the bezel, the case fits perfectly over the skin.