Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayXL14

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2009
Not that I want to call my cases iskin solo knockoffs, because they really arent--

mine are a similar material, and they DO cover the bezel, as shown here. I will try to get a closeup.

Hey can you get a picture of the back if that's a "knockoff"? I saw the one a few pages back, but it's nice to see clear pics

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
Hey can you get a picture of the back if that's a "knockoff"? I saw the one a few pages back, but it's nice to see clear pics

I can take pics of my black/smoke knockoff later. It looks really good , i think. All clear cases make it look gray. This one seems to make it more black then gray. The circle design is muted a bit which i like too.

JayXL14

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2009
I can take pics of my black/smoke knockoff later. It looks really good , i think. All clear cases make it look gray. This one seems to make it more black then gray. The circle design is muted a bit which i like too.

alright looking forward to it. It's going to be my permanent case until the "best" one or something close to it comes out.

sou1 so1di3r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2008
Denver, CO
Alright guys I FINALLY got my Black/Smoke knockoff one from ebay.

It ONLY took 15 days...:rolleyes:

Anyway here are some pictures. So far I love it.

dscf0014c.jpg

dscf0015q.jpg

dscf0016e.jpg

dscf0018luk.jpg

dscf0019r.jpg

dscf0020v.jpg

The case feels great. I literally just got it, but, it feels very sturdy, and tight fitting.

The top button is a little hard to find, but I can deal with it. Same for the side volume buttons. The headphone and camera slots line up pretty darn well, overall I'd give this an 8/10. Especially since it was only $5.20!

And luckily it still fits in my iHome with the case on. Yay!
:D

jacobgaul

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009
damn you just love some dmb dont you lol. FYI to all the guys who want to buy from this guy he will accept $3 each if you order 3 or more ive found.. but u have to wait FOREVER.

molala

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Cambridge, UK
Thanks for the pics. Looks great. I just ordered mine in pink. £3.19, a steal considering amazon sells the iSkin solo FX at £24.

discoburg

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2009
After reading this thread, i went out and purchased the original iSkin Solo red. Fits the 3GS like a tee and yes the hole for the rear view camera is not inlined.

cub4bearin

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
I wish I have never bought iSOLO FX.

I wish I have never bought iSKIN FX! I paid like $24 shipped for it. It is red and it went over my BS Ever. After about week BS ever start becoming red, same as my iSKIN FX! :(

Also the cut out holes never matched.. the only hole which match is the lens hole. FOr the headphone jack I had to cut it out bigger - remember I paid for this $24 already !!!

So I read a lot of posts here about the knock off skins.. I did purchase two of them from some guy in Hong Kong. Finally got it today (after about 2 weeks of waiting) and I have to say it was the best spend $9 shipped I did for cases. OHHHHH I almost forgot, for the $9 shipped I got two of them: green and blue.

The holes are perfect match and it feels thinner and less bulky than iSKIN FX.

here are few pics:

615969785_EK56N-L.jpg

615969654_2o7tF-L.jpg

615971875_qCrsW-L.jpg

615972151_Lyy3i-L.jpg

615971817_5mX23-L.jpg

615972119_2h4SE-L.jpg

615996355_juchC-L.jpg

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I wish I have never bought iSKIN FX! I paid like $24 shipped for it. It is red and it went over my BS Ever. After about week BS ever start becoming red, same as my iSKIN FX! :(

-snip-
Aw, you missed my warning about this skin somewhere on this thread. Same thing happened to mine :(

throwbookatface

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2009
Thanks for the pics, guys. It seems most of the Ebay cases are covering the bezel, which is perfect for me. They look good! Hopefully mine get here next week. Just got some new $0.01 screen protectors on Ebay to go with the skin, can't wait to freshen up my phone's covering.

throwbookatface

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2009
Got my eBay skin in from seller well-well. It looks great- it's a gray diamond-patterned one. Combined with the $0.01 cent clear cover I got in the same day from another seller, it's looking a lot nicer than my previous soft silicone case. Shipping took about 1.5 weeks, and I paid around $5.50. Covers the bezel, holes in line except the headphone one, which is off by about a millimeter. My headphones work fine, but the chunky cord I use for my speakers won't. No big deal, I think I'd give it an 8/10 as others said above.

bdwright77

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2009
Hey guys...first time poster here but this thread has been quite helpful.

Last week I bought a white iSkin solo from ebay (20.99 shipped). Now that I have it I've got just a few quick questions:

1. Will the iSkin case scratch my bezel? I do not currently have any screen guard (or invisible full body guard) on my white iPhone 3gs

2. Does the white iSkin solo stain? I was considering getting a screen guard of some form, but I didn't want to if it would be stained within a couple of weeks.

3. Will the iSkin case itself get stained easily? I am concerned that from handling the white case it may grow pretty dingy earlier on in the life of the product. Does anyone have any experience with this?

4. Finally, is there a recommended screen guard I should use? BSE or Zagg?

Thanks for your help guys!

-Ben

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
i can only comment on the screen guard, i love power support. i never get any bubbles..
but if your going with bse or zagg then bse for sure.

molala

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Cambridge, UK
My pink iSkin FX-like case from Ebay arrived. I didn't want to throw away the vinyl skin I had already (from Skinit), I'm glad it all fit, I think it's a nice effect.

I'm pretty happy with this case, the workmanship isn't perfect (lots of thin plastic extra bits on the seams and some edges). But I can't complain when it is £3.20 shipped.

Attachments

• iskinp.jpg
    iskinp.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 64
  • iskinp1.jpg
    iskinp1.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 81
  • iskinp2.jpg
    iskinp2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 76
  • iskinp3.jpg
    iskinp3.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 71

Cakester

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2009
Columbus
Does anyone have pics of the white solo?

No, I don't but I do have it. Don't waste your money on a white one. They do stain/change color.

I've soaked mine in bleach for an hour, scrubbed with comet and it will not come off. It's horrible, great case aside from the color issues.

DukeL

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009
Alright guys I FINALLY got my Black/Smoke knockoff one from ebay.

It ONLY took 15 days...:rolleyes:

Anyway here are some pictures. So far I love it.

The case feels great. I literally just got it, but, it feels very sturdy, and tight fitting.

The top button is a little hard to find, but I can deal with it. Same for the side volume buttons. The headphone and camera slots line up pretty darn well, overall I'd give this an 8/10. Especially since it was only $5.20!

And luckily it still fits in my iHome with the case on. Yay!
:D

Can you please post a link to where you got this case? I searched but could'nt find the seller.

tlbwriter

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
My pink iSkin FX-like case from Ebay arrived. I didn't want to throw away the vinyl skin I had already (from Skinit), I'm glad it all fit, I think it's a nice effect.

I'm pretty happy with this case, the workmanship isn't perfect (lots of thin plastic extra bits on the seams and some edges). But I can't complain when it is £3.20 shipped.

Oooh, your skin is gorgeous. Was it difficult to apply?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.