Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BuffordT

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2014
I understand where you are coming from. I have been and am a big Apple fan. I came from the 5 and got the 6. While I don't mind the antenna bands, I do like the bigger screen and how light the phone is. I also like the 240fps slow motion and the general speed of the phone. That is where it ends for me. The display is not better than the 5/5S. Sure it might be a tad brighter, have wider viewing angle, but it doesn't blow me away. In fact even with optimized apps, my 5 just looks better to me. I examined over 30 6's at 3 different apple stores, they all suffer from some slight display issues. Slightly yellow, dull colors, too blueish, etc.

It just feels like a bit of a rush job.

Queue the 'mine is perfect', 'look at his registered date-must be a troll', 'add your blind fanboy rage response'.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I think the 6 is a slab of pure awesome.

100% Agreed.

It has an:

Awesome camera

Awesome screen

Awesome speaker

Awesome thinness

Awesome processor

Awesome Touch ID

Awesome design

Awesome flash

Awesome battery life

compared to all new smart phones it just trounces them.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Who cares?
I can't tell if you even bought one, but if you did...return it. Just buy what you want. Oh and maybe start a blog.

BuffordT

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2014
100% Agreed.

It has an:

Awesome camera

Awesome screen
No and No.

The 6 and 6+ compress the images to aggressively and add too much noise reduction. The 5S pictures are better. It's been shown in many threads here.

As for the screen, it's bigger, not better.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
No and No.

The 6 and 6+ compress the images to aggressively and add too much noise reduction. The 5S pictures are better. It's been shown in many threads here.

I must disagree with you in the most strongest of terms, as you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Macshroomer

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
I have had great luck with all my iphones since the 3G and have really liked all the aspects of them. I have had the 6 / 128GB in Space Grey since last Thursday and it has really grown on me, I own two cases for it depending on what my activity is, a nice setup really.

I'm not an Apple Fanboy....I guess I don't know what that is since I have used these products full time in my line of work since 1991.

To each his own...

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
why shouldn't he? Every other post on these forums is "why I love my 6" or why I like my 6+"

Personally I find them all ridiculous, because who really cares what anyone likes but yourself..that being said, it has been a trend and I don't see anything different here in him saying he likes his 5S

..the voice of reason

First of all, he could have posted this as a counter-opinion in ANY ONE of those threads.

Second, there are numerous threads by people who say they don't like the iPhone 6, and he could have posted in ANY ONE of those threads as well.

Hell, he could have posted this long-winded, pointless post in EVERY ONE of those threads.

:rolleyes:

BuffordT

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2014
I must disagree with you in the most strongest of terms, as you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Oh right. Well you said this and now you must be right. :rolleyes:

It's been shown and proven the 6 and 6+ over-compress the pictures causing negative effects. Picture file sizes of the exact same subject taken with 5/5S are 50% larger than the 6, further proof of the heavy compression. Cropped images show the jpeg artifacts from the aggressive data compression.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Shhh…Don't let Surf Monkey hear you! ;):D

Why not? In my opinion the 6 series is the best design to date. The word "slab" doesn't bother me in this context because I'm not obsessed with definitions and usage like some people evidently are. Ultimately the 4 and 5 series were a diversion from the main iPhone design evolution. The 6 series is a return to form.

keatth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
i'm sure I'll get destroyed in flames for mentioning this but I recently picked up the new Xperia Z3 Compact and it really is the phone the iPhone 6 could have been. Size wise it is very similar to the 5s but manages to squeeze a 4.6" display and a 2600mah battery in to it along with all the regular hardware from the full size z3.

Yeah but..android....so I'm out

I'm glad you started a whole new thread on this. I was really wondering what you thought of it. :rolleyes:

The perfect image macro for this thread.

personal opinions are best kept for self....

Who cares?
I can't tell if you even bought one, but if you did...return it. Just buy what you want. Oh and maybe start a blog.

Haha isn't the entire point if the forum to post and talk about iPhones? I mean we all have the ability to make threads so I find it funny you guys complain about it, if there was a sticky thread for this subject then I would understand.

Have you tried using it? i felt the same way but after a couple of weeks using it I like the 6. Just wish it was all black. I had a 5s gold and a black 5 before and both were awesome phones.

I used it in the store for half an hour doing all the things I would normally do with my 5S, i found the experience not as good.

Why'd you buy it if you didn't like it so much?

And yet, I doubt you're going to go back.

I never bought the 6.

The iPhone 6 is what I had hoped the iPhone 5/5S would be, but Apple had not quite prepared it users for a larger phone!

I remember when iPhone users SWORE that they would never buy another iPhone if the screen got bigger than the 4.

The 5S is a great phone and you should still enjoy it.

Well, the 6 and 6+ make me appreciate my iPhone 5 just that much more. :D

Ok, enjoy your 5S.

Stick with what you like. :D

Thanks!

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Oh right. Well you said this and now you must be right. :rolleyes:

It's been shown and proven the 6 and 6+ over-compress the pictures causing negative effects. Picture file sizes of the exact same subject taken with 5/5S are 50% larger than the 6, further proof of the heavy compression. Cropped images show the jpeg artifacts from the aggressive data compression.

Its also been shown that some people have bent iPhone 6's. Doesn't mean it's happening to me.

I wonder if those that are finding their photos heavily compressed have iCloud Photo enabled?

I bet they do and don't even realise hat they are doing. as iCloud photo leaves a heavily compressed copy on your phone to save space. ;)

And the screen is AWESOME one of the best out there at the moment. Much better than the 5/5s that's is for 100% sure.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Why not? In my opinion the 6 series is the best design to date. The word "slab" doesn't bother me in this context because I'm not obsessed with definitions and usage like some people evidently are. Ultimately the 4 and 5 series were a diversion from the main iPhone design evolution. The 6 series is a return to form.
You two had a "spirited" discussion yesterday in another thread.

I was making a tongue-in-cheek joke in reference to that. No offense meant. ;)

BuffordT

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2014
Its also been shown that some people have bent iPhone 6's. Doesn't mean it's happening to me.

I wonder if those that are finding their photos heavily compressed have iCloud Photo enabled?

I bet they do and don't even realise hat they are doing. as iCloud photo leaves a heavily compressed copy on your phone to save space. ;)

And the screen is AWESOME one of the best out there at the moment. Much better than the 5/5s that's is for 100% sure.

While I applaud your efforts, they don't change anything. Has nothing to do with iCloud.

Good, yours is a present sent from Steve Jobs angel. That doesn't mean others are not having issues. Not acknowledging them because you can't see them doesn't make them non-existent.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
While I applaud your efforts, they don't change anything. Has nothing to do with iCloud.

Good, yours is a present sent from Steve Jobs angel. That doesn't mean others are not having issues. Not acknowledging them because you can't see them doesn't make them non-existent.

Didn't say they are not. Just that they are not for me ergo AWESOME!

arftech

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
Such a dissapointment, I've had iPhone since the 4S, got the 5 and 5S, obssesed with Apple, watched the keynotes, on this forum everyday. I was excited for iPhone 6, but when I saw what it was during the keynote AND holding it in my hands at the store, the magic was gone. This is coming from an apple fanboy, not some android loving hater, I hate android by the way. The 6 just doesn't do it for me. It's just too tall, bezels too big, those ugly plastic bands, the way the screen tapers down makes the edges too reflective, the plastic seal between the aluminum and screen they try to hide, there is just nothing about it that makes me want it. It's uncomfortable to use, I hate having to reach to get to notification center and to get to the apps in the left hand corner, the double tap thing on the home button to reach is lame, a work around that's neither fun nor elegant. I will be sticking with my 5S for a long time, I have the black 32gb I think I'm gonna get white 64GB. This is one Apple fanboy, signing out.

No issue from me because everybody don't have the same tastes. This being my first iPhone I can appreciate the design more so than perhaps someone already liking the design of the 5 series and wanting something similar. Whatever you choose to get I hope you enjoy it immensely!:)

Last edited:

sysProgrammer

macrumors member
Hahahaha

My gf got iPhone 6 two days ago, as I decided to get iPhone 5s, an upgrade from 4s. She is returning iPhone 6 for 5s. hehehehe

Now comparing the two for several days the biggest complaint comes in handling iphone6. It is so easy to hold iPhone 5, Steve Jobs had it right. iPhone 6 round edges and the size give you the feeling that it wants to run away from your hand. It wants to slide away. I have fairly big hands and can touch my fingers while holding I6, still it feels like its going to slip out of my hand at any moment. She was very excited the first day, but by the second day, she started feeling iPhone 5 more and more, and voicing her dissatisfaction with iPhone 6.

Damn you John Ivy, when you decided to go for bigger, you should have kept the iPhone with original size as well.

teabonesteak

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
My gf got iPhone 6 two days ago, as I decided to get iPhone 5s, an upgrade from 4s. She is returning iPhone 6 for 5s. hehehehe

Now comparing the two for several days the biggest complaint comes in handling iphone6. It is so easy to hold iPhone 5, Steve Jobs had it right. iPhone 6 round edges and the size give you the feeling that it wants to run away from your hand. It wants to slide away. I have fairly big hands and can touch my fingers while holding I6, still it feels like its going to slip out of my hand at any moment. She was very excited the first day, but by the second day, she started feeling iPhone 5 more and more, and voicing her dissatisfaction with iPhone 6.

Damn you John Ivy, when you decided to go for bigger, you should have kept the iPhone with original size as well.

100% agree

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Such a dissapointment, I've had iPhone since the 4S, got the 5 and 5S, obssesed with Apple, watched the keynotes, on this forum everyday. I was excited for iPhone 6, but when I saw what it was during the keynote AND holding it in my hands at the store, the magic was gone. This is coming from an apple fanboy, not some android loving hater, I hate android by the way. The 6 just doesn't do it for me. It's just too tall, bezels too big, those ugly plastic bands, the way the screen tapers down makes the edges too reflective, the plastic seal between the aluminum and screen they try to hide, there is just nothing about it that makes me want it. It's uncomfortable to use, I hate having to reach to get to notification center and to get to the apps in the left hand corner, the double tap thing on the home button to reach is lame, a work around that's neither fun nor elegant. I will be sticking with my 5S for a long time, I have the black 32gb I think I'm gonna get white 64GB. This is one Apple fanboy, signing out.

Cool story bro

----------

Cause with a 6, everything else seems incredibly TINY right right?? hehehehe

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I love mine! LOVE.

I was getting bored with the hard edges on the 4-5s models.

Though of those, I preferred the 5s.

Trius

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
No and No.

Do you have a link showing better photos with the 5s? I find only the opposite.

Romy90210

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2013
Why dod people feel the need to come on here and post how much they dislike the iPhone 6 and how Apple is doomed and this and that.. Seriously, if you don't like something, then that's it. The rest of us could care less...

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2014
The 5S is still a great device.

It took me more than a week of use to finally come around to the 6. It wasn't instantaneous.

trifid

macrumors 68020
May 10, 2011

I agree, I really miss the handling of the 5s. It's just so much more comfortable to use one-handed. It's going to be really interesting a couple of years from now when iPhone 4 and 5 users need to start looking to upgrade, if Apple will go back to a smaller size or force everyone into bigger phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.