I really don't like iPhone 6 :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by keatth, Oct 8, 2014.

1. keatth macrumors 6502

Such a dissapointment, I've had iPhone since the 4S, got the 5 and 5S, obssesed with Apple, watched the keynotes, on this forum everyday. I was excited for iPhone 6, but when I saw what it was during the keynote AND holding it in my hands at the store, the magic was gone. This is coming from an apple fanboy, not some android loving hater, I hate android by the way. The 6 just doesn't do it for me. It's just too tall, bezels too big, those ugly plastic bands, the way the screen tapers down makes the edges too reflective, the plastic seal between the aluminum and screen they try to hide, there is just nothing about it that makes me want it. It's uncomfortable to use, I hate having to reach to get to notification center and to get to the apps in the left hand corner, the double tap thing on the home button to reach is lame, a work around that's neither fun nor elegant. I will be sticking with my 5S for a long time, I have the black 32gb I think I'm gonna get white 64GB. This is one Apple fanboy, signing out.

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Yeah, when I saw the 6 for the first time, I wasn't too impressed. In fact, it wasn't until a gold 5S, did I finally appreciate the 5S. I don't know which to choose. I have a 4S now which requires upgrading. Either I get a prone to bending 6 or a tarnished gold 5S; what to do?

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, the 6 and 6+ make me appreciate my iPhone 5 just that much more. :D

4. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Ok, enjoy your 5S.

5. oneofthenine macrumors regular

i'm sure I'll get destroyed in flames for mentioning this but I recently picked up the new Xperia Z3 Compact and it really is the phone the iPhone 6 could have been. Size wise it is very similar to the 5s but manages to squeeze a 4.6" display and a 2600mah battery in to it along with all the regular hardware from the full size z3.

6. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I'm glad you started a whole new thread on this. I was really wondering what you thought of it. :rolleyes:

7. ccboy macrumors newbie

Stick with what you like. :D

8. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Have you tried using it? i felt the same way but after a couple of weeks using it I like the 6. Just wish it was all black. I had a 5s gold and a black 5 before and both were awesome phones.

9. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Apple need to trim down the bezels, I love the iPhone but seriously it's way too tall comparing to other smart phones imo...

10. that be me macrumors 6502

11. MacTCE macrumors 6502

I've heard from a few friends and colleagues that they didn't like the 6/6+ and where going to purchase or stick with their 5S. I personally love my 6 and still debate whether I should have purchased the 6+. The only thing I would say is that it's your hard earned money and purchase what works best for you.

12. aevelasquez macrumors regular

Is this real life?

Meanwhile, in Africa...

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Get whatever works best for you.

14. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

15. amtechrep macrumors newbie

I agree. We all know that Apple has been trying to make thinner and thinner phones with every new release. I think now, that they made it as thin as they can go, they need to focus on height of the phone. Specifically top bezel. They can trim at least half an inch from the top.

16. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I couldn't love my iPhone 6 more... Oh wait I could. If Apple would fix all the problems in iOS 8!!!!

17. saab9573 macrumors 6502

saab9573

personal opinions are best kept for self....

18. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Not exactly this, but something like this [​IMG]

19. pish6969 macrumors regular

why shouldn't he? Every other post on these forums is "why I love my 6" or why I like my 6+"

Personally I find them all ridiculous, because who really cares what anyone likes but yourself..that being said, it has been a trend and I don't see anything different here in him saying he likes his 5S

..the voice of reason

20. koban4max macrumors 68000

maybe you should try some other phone..(not sarcasm). Maybe you'll like it? But i hear you though.

21. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

The iPhone 6 is what I had hoped the iPhone 5/5S would be, but Apple had not quite prepared it users for a larger phone!

I remember when iPhone users SWORE that they would never buy another iPhone if the screen got bigger than the 4.

The 5S is a great phone and you should still enjoy it.

22. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I was a little dissapointed during the keynote as well. Once I had the 6 in my hand though it was love at first sight :eek:

Perhaps the iPhone 7 re-design will fix some of the flaws you dislike... Like make the bezels a little smaller... I don't know how much smaller they could go though since they have to accomodate touchid and I doubt Apple would ever make the top bezel not match the size of the bottom.

Maybe they could get rid of the home button and put the touch ID on the back of the phone, you would unlock it with your index finger when you pick up the phone... hmmmm

23. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

24. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Shhh…Don't let Surf Monkey hear you! ;):D

25. jim.hickman.777 macrumors regular

Why'd you buy it if you didn't like it so much?