I Regret Breaking Up with Her!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Beyond Broken, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Beyond Broken macrumors newbie

New here, I'll try to keep it short...

I dated this girl (much younger than me) for a year and a half. We lived together, I recently broke up with her (2.5 months ago) We tried to stay together for the first two weeks, but It wasn't what I wanted. She was a very arrogant person with no friends. But very young and beautiful. She started seeing someone else (within 3 weeks) Now, I want her back so bad. I am very depressed. I told her how i feel, but she wont give in. I stopped contact with her. Now according to her myspace, she is totally in love with this new guy. I visit her page for my daily self torture. I am trying everything to get over her... I go to the gym every other day, eat healthy, hang out with friends and family, read, yoga, meditate, pray, I go to a therapist once a week, removed everything that reminds me of her. I've met at least 5 other girls since, and all of them are great and interested in me, but I'm just not ready. Nothing is working. I cry almost everyday. It sucks! I either want her back, or want to get over her.
    What else can I do?

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Quit going to her myspace for one, and definitely quit begging her to come back. You broke up with her for a reason, and that reason doesn't just vaporize.

Cut all contact with her, forget about her the best you can, and continue what you're doing. She's arrogant and has no friends, remember? Let the other guy suffer with her, you can get better fish out there.

3. web_god61 macrumors regular

web_god61

the internet isn't exactly the best place to get personal love advice, that said, just follow the unwritten rules of a break-up.

Rule #1 is Never Ever go back with an ex,

like the dude above me said, you guys broke up for a reason. Sounds like you have that feeling people have right after they make a big purchase and then walk out the store and regret it, buyers remorse. Its normal but trust you made the write decision.

Hopefully the replies will instill confidence in that you made the right call.

4. runningman macrumors regular

She was a very arrogant person with no friends

Remind yourself of this point. She may know you are looking at her myspace page and purposely putting this stuff on there knowing you are reading it. She hasn't blocked you from her page so she must want you to view it.
    Time to move on.

5. Beyond Broken thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. she is. Her myspace page was private. and now it's not!

6. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

7. rukus macrumors member

stalk her. eventually she'll come around. as we all have learned from movies, burning her name in her lawn with gasoline always does the trick.

8. rfrankl macrumors 6502

Or just rip off the one from the Wedding Singer.

9. Beyond Broken thread starter macrumors newbie

That's funny guys. Thanks for the smile. I needed that! lol.

No, I just need constant reassurance that it was for the best, because right now, if she wanted to come back, I would take her back in a second...

I need to let go, but it is so hard!

10. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

You're forgetting throwing a rock at her window.
    You could always try surprise sex!

11. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

So its sex you want... or a trophy. Which is it? Both?
    I checked Vegas, they said 2-3 it's sex. Sounds about right.
    Get some lotion, a box of tissues, a recent picture of her. Then have a ball. That way nobody gets hurt.

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Go out and hire a mistress to beat and humiliate you.

No matter how much it costs, and how many scars are created by the mistress disseminating humiliating pictures of you in lingerie, and the physical scars through punishment ....

... it'll still end up cheaper, less painful, and less humiliating than marrying this girl.

13. haiggy macrumors 65816

Dude I felt the same way before, except I got back with her.....

...Bad idea.

Do not do this... trust me... whatever was wrong with the relationship before didn't magically go away. It will get bad again. You just miss the feeling of being secured in a relationship and not having to put yourself out there and having the chance of being alone at any point or maybe even hurt again? Maybe it's even the sexual benefits that you miss.

Either way, just move on, live life and stay busy. Do not visit her myspace page or look at pictures.

List to me, you WILL find somebody sooooooooo much better and when you do you'll know it. I did and I feel like breaking up with the ex was such a good decision now. After I did, the immediate moment after I had the thought of "I feel so bad, maybe I made a mistake" but today I can say that I made the right choice with no regrets. Totally over her and totally with the right girl for me now.

Hope you feel better.

Edit: Oh yeah, "She was a very arrogant person with no friends. But very young and beautiful." It's not ALL about beauty... if she has no friends and was very arrogant... why would you want to be with her? You will find an even more beautiful person if you just keep looking forward. It will be an emotional and personality based attraction as well as physical. My ex was the same way, kinda "bitchy" and had no friends. She was actually 2 years older as well. My friends didn't like her and so we never hung out in social settings with my own friends. It was a bad time. Do not look back sounds like you made a fine choice.

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LMFAO! This was worth the torture of reading the OP. Seriously, man up, shut up, move on.

15. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

get a pumpkin.
    carve a little lovely face into it.
    get a post it note. write her name on the note.
    attach said note to jack-o-lantern.
    grab knife.
    stab through note into pumpkin.
    leave on doorstep.

the fact that she has moved on tells you something.

stay away from the internet.
    delete your myspace or facebook account if it is that bad.
    you need to cut off any kind of connections.

sorry. ive been there.

16. BlackSnow macrumors regular

BlackSnow

I don't agree with that. I got back together with a ex, and I have never been happier.
    But if you want to move on, do it, don't talk about. Try to find someone else. Or go solo if your not looking for a relationship.

17. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

You need to stop being so turned inward about the relationship - a big "buck up" is in order.

If you feel so bad about breaking up with her, imagine how bad you'll feel when you get back together and experience the same thing all over again - this time as a volunteer to the situation. Be proactive.

No reason to feel bad - you just need to move on. :)

18. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Find someone new. Works like a charm.

And if you are going to moap about this, deal with it. "Beyond Broken"? Dude, you guys weren't even married. There was a guy on here who's wife wanted a divorce right on christmas. Now that's sad.

19. DocStone macrumors regular

DocStone

Get a puppy.

Really though, don't give in. Your worth more than that. Just focus on staying away.

20. Avaj macrumors member

If it was meant to be, she will be back

After she get through being dogged by other men, she'll be back. Give it time.

In the meantime just be single to mingle ;)

21. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Sorry no sympathy from me.

YOU BROKE UP WITH HER. END OF STORY

Now you are dealing with the fact she is with some one else.

Try the hell I went though. I had a girl I love break up with me to date some one else. I lost all my friends by the time it was said and done. I went though theropy and was on anti depressants for over a year.

Now 3 years later I still am dealing with some of the sting and still dealing with some of the issues.

22. the vj macrumors 6502a

Beyond broken...

This is the time when you have to be "elevated".

I am just like you and I have been in your position. I have felt all those desperate conbultions of mixed feelings, anxiety, desperation, submission, sickness and all that.

And after so many tears, travels over seas, putting myself in a crsade becase "she will understand"... I have learned what Austin Powers said when is wife exploted because she was a fembot... "hey! I am single again!!!"

Dude... every girl has her charms, let their chamrs comes to you. It is possible to love and adore several people and you will for sure adore several people in your life. The problem is not that, the problem is choosing! because you have to stay with one.

I am sure this girl is adorable and have you exited and all that, and you are jealusy but just enjoy your time now. She will come back eventually in your life and when she does you won't want her or probably you would want to have something, who knows.

The thing is that enjoy you have all that energy and passion and just go and conquer some other girl without any compromise. Be free!

Do not push youself, it is normal to take a look at some one in the internet. I have a girlfriend who got marry and I take a look at her profile once in a while even I had 3 girlfriends after here and I still in touch with the other 3 even I have a girlfriend right now.

Give you some time, is actually a way of thinking but keep your integrity and develop it. It doesn't meant to be selfish, no, integrity.

Go out, if there is a girl who wants to have some fun with you invite her over, watch a movie. Probably she will jump on you, let her do what ever she wants, that does not meant marriage or anything, just having some fun... in other words: have sex! and let her go and keep laughing. That would show you how fun and trivial things actually are.

My 2 cents.

23. SLC Flyfishing macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

Melrose, you're avatar and the text under it is hilarious. I just started watching How I Met Your Mother. One of the better comedies I've seen TBH.

Now for my advice to the O.P.:

SUIT UP and get back in the game man!!!!

SLC

24. on777 macrumors newbie

Time to say .. Next !!

Sucks, but you will get over it, believe me. We all have been there, next chick you start banging, you will forget about this one.

So what’s her MySpace url ??:D
    Do a zip code search on MySpace and post back some links, we will tell you which one to hit up on ..

25. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

the op only posts are this topic. why would one come to a mac board to ask about relationship advice as the very first thing they do?

makes me wonder....