I wonder how many iPhone 4 users will be dissapoint when they get the 4S.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by isoft7, Oct 11, 2011.

1. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

I mean, outside of Siri, there won't be any real noticeable difference.

2. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Well, the camera's better. 1080p video. Faster.

But that's about it. If you have an iPhone 4, there is no need to upgrade.

3. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

The camera by itself will satisfy many. Siri is very good also.

4. kmanmx, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

kmanmx macrumors 6502

What ? You can't just bar siri out of the equation :p

Thats like saying "Im upgrading from a 3.2Liter Mercedes S Class to the 6.3Liter AMG version, but bar the engine there's going to be no difference"

It's one of the main features! Anyway..:

2x Better performance
    1080p Recording
    8MP Still pictures
    Siri
    Improved Antenna

Disappointed ? No way.

5. isoft7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I understand there are some rather major differences between the two, but how many of those changes will be readily apparent out of the gate to the end user?

For instance, if you're not suffering poor call quality now, the antenna isn't going to make any real difference to your user experience.

same goes for the 1080p recording, or even the 8mp camera, it will be different, but the experience will be the same.

The performance is remarkable, but until applications are written to take advantage, you're not going to feel it.

I just think a lot of people are going to spend a few minutes with it and then feel let down by their own expectations.

6. Pheo macrumors regular

I'm getting it because it's financially virtually no different to waiting a year and going to the next one, but this way I get a new phone...

7. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

The camera alone would suffice my satisfaction.

8. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Are you high? The performance is freaking amazing and is noticeable NOW. Games take advantage of the 7X faster processing and normal apps like Safari are instant.

9. furam90 macrumors regular

Meh, I'm just happy to get a new phone.

My 4 is literally on life support. Home button/ Sleep button are barely responsive, Front screen is cracked, Camera is all blurry, and the speakers dull and soft.

I figured I'll be able to cover most of the costs by selling it on e-bay.

Who could possibly be disappointed with a practically free upgrade to a brand new, better device :)?

10. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Maybe the 4S will get hotter/warmer quicker?

That's really all I can think of. :D

11. isoft7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So wait, you're telling me the network data speeds will increase to a level of instantaneous reception due to the A5 CPU?!?!

AND current games will look 7 times better, all while running at 210 frames per second?!?!!

HOLY CRAP!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!

12. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

I will not be dissappoint, because I know what I get for my 4 on eBay. I have look it up all week, and it still haven't drop to an mount that would make me dissapoint.

:rolleyes:

13. WilliamG macrumors 604

Some of us have an iPhone 4 and an iPad 2, and already see a huge performance difference. I pretty much know what I'm in for going from my 4 to a 4S, and I'm excited. :)

14. deeddawg macrumors 604

I bet a bunch of folks with try various "deathgrips" on their 4S's to get signal bar drops and someone will run around screaming "Antennagate ][!" :rolleyes:

15. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

64 gig. Can sync my entire iTunes library. Significant difference.

16. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

I think the actual speed of the device will be very apparent for many users upgrading from the 4. In the videos and benchmarks I have seen everything is even more fluid, nearly instant when navigating into and out of apps (including Safari which now has about a second delay). I realize it's only a second but when you go from waiting any length of period to instant everything feels much quicker.

Plus rendering web sites in general will be about twice as fast. And access to the camera will be nearly instant.

17. kmanmx macrumors 6502

The thing is, i am a geek.

I am a guy that pays £500 for a camera lens that is only marginally better.
    And i spend hundreds of pounds to upgrade my PC for slightly better FPS.

I am not normal, and that is why i will love the 4S :D

Do i think average joe should upgrade from a IP4 to a 4S ? Probably not.

18. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I imagine if you purposefully cover all 4 black bands, you will still get signal loss.

Luckily, this time, the claims won't get much traction, as most people just don't give a **** anymore.

We'll see if there's something new and interesting to complain about!

19. isoft7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You my friend, make an argument I have no counter to. :)

20. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah let's see, who could that be. Maybe the person on ebay who buys an iPhone 4 that is "literally on life support. Home button/ Sleep button are barely responsive, Front screen is cracked, Camera is all blurry, and the speakers dull and soft." And pays you enough to cover most of your investment in the new shiny 4S. I like to see how you describe this wonderment you're going to try to ditch.

21. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

I wonder too, but I would bet most people will be totally happy going from a 4 to a 4s.

I was completely happy going from a 3g to a 3gs, especially through the iOS updates.

I didn't upgrade this time, simply because there wasn't a redesign. Call me superficial, but if all of the hardware updates were paired with a redesign, I would have jumped all over the preorder. We obviously didn't get one, so I'll be keeping the 4 until the next iteration.

Happy for everyone that is getting the 4s, enjoy it!

22. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

No, but the full duplex antenna design will certainly do well for the network data. As for the A5 -- have you seen any of the newer hands-on videos from the 4S? It truly is quite a massive speed improvement.

I may not use Siri at all. But the camera is something I use constantly, and the kinds of improvements they've made to the camera hardware just cannot be ignored.

It may not be worth it to you, but it's worth it for me, and for more than one million others.

23. isoft7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess I should mention I preordered one last Friday morning and can't wait to get it.

But I'm not coming from an iPhone 4.

24. nfl46 macrumors 603

I only upgraded because I wanted a white iPhone, lol. It was free for me to upgrade by selling my iPhone 4, so why not...might as well..plus I added some extra cash in my pocket since I was eligible for a 2 year upgrade.

I never use the camera...and I never play games on my phone. The update is pointless to me, but I want my white iPhone though.

25. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I'm still using an iPhone 3G. So I do t care what the 4S looks like or does. It has to be better than this steaming pile of canine poop.