iCloud.com Launchpad Button

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Goatllama, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

Noticed this yesterday, but did they just change the 'home' button on iCloud.com to 'Launchpad?' Or am I that unobservant? I use the site every day, so I think I would've noticed. Kinda nice cosmetic change either way, makes for better consistency, though having an actual Launchpad.app in macOS seems silly to me. Now I'm just waiting for them to add a Music app to iCloud.com, that would be amazing.

2. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

3. Goatllama thread starter macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

Oho, I see! I could swear that I saw it happen as it happened, but that seems a bit unlikely. XD

4. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

It's possible you witnessed it change if your browser had an old cache which then refreshed or if it's a gradual site update.

5. Goatllama thread starter macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

6. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

I'm thinking they probably did this so that there wouldn't be any possible confusion with the new iOS 10 Home app. I like the consistency too though.

7. orbital~debris macrumors 6502a

orbital~debris

Noticed the change today (signing-in to iCloud.com on my work computer) and immediately thought it helps unify with macOS and helps avoid confusion with Home in iOS 10.

I do find it odd - for Apple - that there's no consistency in the greys used (Settings has a warmer hue while the Launchpad icon is a blue grey).

8. Goatllama thread starter macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

And the grey of the Contacts app looks to be a little different as well! Only hue that seems to be consistent is that of Mail, iCloud Drive, and Keynote. The new Launchpad icon does make the Settings one look a little bad though, a lighter grey would be nice. Guess they gotta keep 'em disparate, though.

9. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Gahh, now that you guys have pointed it out to me, the different grays will totally bug the crap outta me. :confused: It's the little things...

And I absolutely agree that Music, Videos, even Podcasts, Books, and Home apps for iCloud would be freaking sweet. I bet they'd get a ton more people subscribing to those kinds of services if they were more readily available via the web.