If u don't like iOS or iPhone get a new phone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mz100, Jun 12, 2011.

1. mz100 macrumors regular

I am so sick of seeing endless posts about people complaining about iPhone/iOS shortcomings!

What you people need to remember is the iPhone 4 is ONE DEVICE!!!
    It is not fair to name off features from 20 Different android devices and compare them to ONE Apple phone.

I don't understand why people still think specs are what makes a phone...

USER EXPERIENCE is why Apple will always be the king.

If you seriously want to complain about the iPhone... remember that your perfect Android or windows 7 Phone is going to be missing something too.

Now I know there are legitimate complaints about the iPhone it's not perfect.
    But this rant was towards people who are not satisfied with anything they get.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Now take a deep breath... :rolleyes:

I feel your pain though man.

3. tigress666, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011

tigress666 macrumors 68040

I get what you mean but you're still going to get flamed. (edited in case I got -1'ed cause they thought I was saying this to the OP... the stuff below was addressed to the same people he was addressing. Just want to make sure OP realizes I wasn't addressing him in my comments below).

It's one thing to hear constructive criticism. THat's interesting to read and can be thought provoking (and interesting to discuss how things could be done better or what you'd like to see or how you would implement it).

It's another to be stamping your feet and pouting and bitching cause they didn't include that one feature that you must have. If it's that important to you, unfortunately you'll have to make a decision on whether you can't live without that feature or if you can't live without iOS (ok, technically people can live w/out both, but hopefully you're smart enough to know what I mean). It sux to have to make that choice, but ranting and raving on here is more likely going to annoy people than do anything productive (not that anything you post on here will be productive ;). But at least if you can phrase it in a way to be constructive criticism it can lead to an interesting discussion).

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Well said.
    Get something that works for you and makes you happy.
    Move on with your life.

5. iphoneos macrumors newbie

iphoneos

'nuff said

=]

6. brayhite macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I absolutely hate those who make threads that simply compare Android to iOS. Really if all you care about is the differences between the two, then you really are missin the purpose each serve.

Apple and Google aren't out to create an operating system to simply one-up each other. They're out to create something for their consumers and for themselves to use and enjoy using. If you want to spend your time comparing them and choosing one to root for as if they're sports teams trying to win a championship, then fine. Keep that to yourself. Whether you're an Apple fan or Android fan, compare them for purchasing and user purposes but for science sake, don't argue and debate for the sake of comparing them to each other as if it's a competition.

Who the sex cares?

7. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

THANK YOU!

What im tired of is all the flaming around here about how android OS overtook iOS in market share.

If Apple had 20 devices running iOS, there wouldn't even be a competition here.

8. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

This ^

I don't get why people that say they hate the iPhone so much and love Android/winmo/etc. Have to come to an iPhone forum to say so. Constructive discussion is ok, but what we get here is plain trolling and bitching.

I don't care if the next Android musclephone has a 10 Ghz processor and 500 GB RAM. I visit an iPhone forum to read about iPhones.

9. pyro008 macrumors 6502

That's not true at all.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sorry to break the news to you but people prefer choices and that comes down to iOS as well. People will choose android over iOS even if apple had 100 devices running iOS. The simple fact is that one size does not fit all.

11. brayhite macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

That would be true if, y'know, Apple didn't already have the top market share for mobile OS on all types of devices http://m.readwriteweb.com/mobile/2011/06/ios-number-one-mobile-operating-system-says-apple.php

12. tigress666 macrumors 68040

That doesn't mean that android lovers need to come on here and start trash talking iOS which is mainly who the OP is addressing (that and the iphone lovers who get all pouty if Apple doesn't give them the one feature they think is necessary. As you say, there is choice and they can go get that feature elsewhere. If enough people want that feature, Apple will either catch on and put that feature on their phone, or end up "losing" so to speak).

13. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

The problem in what you linked to is that includes things like ipods and ipads, neither of which are phones. In the smartphone market apple does not have the largest market share (which is also stated in your link).

14. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Come on, don't tell me the apple fanboys don't go on android website's and talk down their OS.. :rolleyes:

James

15. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Honestly, I don't know, I don't go to Android forums, sorry. Either way, it's not right and just cause some people don't have any netiquette doesn't mean it's an excuse for me or anyone else not to have it. It just means they're a******s ;) . If I do go to a forum for a competing product of one I like (the only one I can remember that I did so was for my car), I try to stay respectful on that forum and realize they like that product (after all, that's why they are on that forum, I'm the odd one out for being on it when it's not my product of choice).

Even if I feel I must put my opinion out there (and I am an opinionated person ;) ), I try to stay respectful about it. Instead of saying, "Your product is crap" or "You only like it cause you are a 'fanboy/girl'" I would be saying, "Well I prefer this product cause for me I like these features".

There is a difference between discussing what you like and dislike and just being insulting.

As I said somewhere else, it's called manners and tact.

16. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Threads like these is why there are so many problems that won't go away. If you had left it at "Go and buy something else" then fine, but no, you just kept going on.

Whatever, I don't really mind the occasional Android post since it's nice to know what's going on on the other side of the fence. Plus most of the Android posts are from people who have previously owned iPhones so they put it in a somewhat familiar perspective rather than saying "iPhone sucks, Android rules" without even touching an iPhone.

I do understand what you are talking about though, you don't see many iPhone threads under Androidforums.com

17. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

Some people are just not happy no matter what. I'd never get on a forum and complain about something I have a choice about. I just wouldn't choose whatever it is I dont like. Seems like common sense to me.

18. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

Very true there is a difference in discussion and just being inflammatory. I frequent several different forums for different android phones and IOS. I lurked here for a very long time before I finally decided to take the time to register. Anyways, what I've found is there really isn't a whole lot of trolling on Android forums because there are so many of them, it would take a person a lot of time and energy to troll every viable android option's forum. On the other hand a person who wants to attack iphones can do it all in one place, so it makes seem as if the number of people doing it is higher. Me personally, I'm a technology junkie and I enjoy reading and discussing it, so I frequent various places that I can do that.

19. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

All Android phones...provided they have newer firmware ( at least Froyo) has the same features. Some may lack a flash for pictures but the OS has all the same features.

20. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

Wow, if it bothers you so much that people are critisizing your precious devices, you probably need to find another forum to hang out in, or at least get your life's priorities realigned.

21. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Agreed. Like what do you expect?

22. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

That's actually not entirely accurate. They share most of the base features but there are features they do not all share. For example, some phones have DLNA support, some have a bluetooth stack capable of using video game controllers, some have HDMI out, some have HDMI out with full mirroring, some can playback 1080p videos, some can play just about any video format, etc... So while the base may be the same, there are other details that differentiate them from each other. Comparing the iphone to every Android phone out there doesn't make sense, because like they said, it's only one phone. It would make more sense to compare to a particular device, then you do a true comparison.

23. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Not sure i buy that but it dont matter anyways. My only comparing goes as far as what i cant do with an iPhone and what i can do with Android because Steve dont want you to and i dislike iTunes.

24. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

I get what you're saying, but the problem in that is when you say android, you're talking about almost 100 different devices. There are features on some android phones that aren't available on other android phones. But to cherry pick features that are available on one phone (android), then cherry pick features on another phone (android), and then another phone, and then compare them all to one phone (iphone) isn't really a fair comparison. Now if it's one phone that has all the features you're looking for then that is more of a legit comparison.

25. mz100 thread starter macrumors regular

This android/iPhone argument is not the point of the thread.
    I mentioned windows phone 7 as well and no one listened.

People simply have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to comparing the two platforms.

New Android phones are getting announced every week!
    iPhones come out once a year!

Apple sells so well because they make there product look so well and work so easily that any idiot will know how to use it.... HOWEVER that does not mean by any means that the iPhone is a dumb phone!!!!
    My iPhone is unlocked and running on another network, I don't have to use iTunes to get my music, I have a droid pattern lockcode, I use bitesms and notified pro...The list goes on and on.. Because there is only one platform with not bloatware the hacking community for iOS is the biggest and most efficient.

Apple may not be the first at doing anything but when they make a feature..they do it right.

Think back to facetime

Remember how many people complained about how apple was NOT the first smartphone to have a front facing camera????
    Well my HTC Evo did at the time as well, you wanna know how I video chatted with an EVO?

I signed up for a Qik account which required a username, password, and email address. Then I had to had my friends Username. When we finally added our info, we tried video calling each other three different times. No luck connecting. We had to reset our phones for the video chat to work.

With facetime, you dial your friends phone number and click one button..Thats it!

Its not a revolutionary feature, but it works easier and that is why apple is so good at catering to the average user.

The bottom line is I prefer the iPhone because of the features, ease of use, 3RD party support (cydia) and knowing when my phone will be updated and what features it will have.

Android is a great platform with plenty of apps in the market.
    There are more features coming out for android phones because phones come out more often

Apple