If you emailed Tim, Angela, or both about this mess please post here

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by martinctv, Apr 25, 2015.

1. martinctv macrumors regular

Below is the email I sent yesterday.

Dear Tim & Angela,

"The watch will arrive whenever at this point, the enthusiasm has gone”. This is a shared feeling amongst all of us that woke up early April 10 to order our watches within the first 5 minutes of the site going live. Unfortunately we will not share the enthusiasm with those that receive there watches today April 24. Even those folks that received shipping estimates of 4-6 weeks and some for June will get there watches before those like myself that received shipping estimates of 4/24-5/8. It is a sad day for me because I always receive my wonderful Apple products on launch day, have not missed one since the iphone 3GS. What has myself and thousands of others so upset about this launch is not the delivery windows and not even so much as not receiving our watches today, it is the lack of transparency with your loyal customers. The mass vague email sent to us (see below) that we are working on your order is a sad attempt at customer service to your loyal customers.

I think the letter to your loyal customers should have read something like this. A bit more personal to us depending on the model watch ordered.

Dear Martin , We are terribly sorry but we will not be able to fulfill your apple watch order and therefor it will not be delivered on April 24th. We have been under constraints with manufacturing the stainless steel model with the black sport band. We will do our best to get you your watch ASAP, but at the very least no later then May 8th. Again we are terribly sorry. Thank you for being a loyal Apple customer. Sincerely, Apple Store. Something like this, instead of telling me what I already know and to go watch videos.

Being transparent, and honest with customers goes a long way. Had I and many would have received an email like this, we most likely would have felt, Apple is sorry we know they are working hard to get our orders out as quickly as they can, I will happily wait 2 (in my case) more weeks or even a month or more for most customers.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I can’t wait to receive my 42mm Stainless Steel watch with the black sport band. Though there was a hiccup in this product launch of a new device and category for Apple, I will always be a loyal customer. Please just be more transparent with us.

Dear Martin,

Your Apple Watch will be delivered between April 24th and May 8th. When your order ships, we'll send you an email with a specific delivery date and tracking information.

To help you get started and learn about the amazing things you can do with Apple Watch, please see our Guided Tour videos.

Apple Watch requires iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, or iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.2 or later. Please take a moment to check that your iPhone is up to date.

Thank you for choosing Apple.

Sincerely,

Apple Store

2. dannyyankou, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015

dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Dear Tim and Angela,

You and the entire Apple team have done an excellent job with the Apple Watch launch! It must not be easy to get an entirely new product in millions of people's hands at launch, but you seem to be pulling it off. Sure others may experience slight delays as with any other popular product, but I'm sure it's worth the wait.

Danny

3. leeingham macrumors 6502

4. applegeek01 macrumors 6502

You actually can get responses.

5. martinctv thread starter macrumors regular

Most do get responses. If you don't want to do it then don't. I did not start this thread to be asked questions.

----------

ajahrendts@apple.com tcook@apple.com

6. dannyyankou, Apr 25, 2015

dannyyankou

I'm just very confused over all the frustration. Apple didn't owe anyone a watch by April 24. They clearly said April 24-May 8 from the very beginning.

Disclaimer: Before someone says "you must have gotten yours already" or something like that, I'm expecting a May 13-May 27 delivery despite ordering at 12:01. I want this watch just a much as anyone else but you have to accept that it's a very popular product and there will be delays.

7. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

I emailed but never got a thing back from them, pisses me off.

8. SayenCroWolf macrumors member

I posted my email in another thread, as well as the email I got back and the phone call synopsis I received in less than 24 hours.

It was a very productive call and the guy I spoke to indulged me and my litany of questions. I didn't get any commitment on when my watch was coming but I felt better. It's coincidence that my watch went to preparing for shipment less than 6 hours later.

Keep in mind, it's not what you say, it's how you say it. If you send them an email that's nothing more than banging your spoon on your high chair you'll probably hit the trash bin in record breaking time.

9. ninjadex macrumors 6502

Who has time for all this? Emails, "productive" phone calls?

You are going to to hear the same thing in every case... demand has exceeded supply. You will receive your order as soon as possible.

10. mr99 macrumors 6502a

Are you serious? Sounds like a funny joke to be honest.

11. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Dear everyone who writes an email to Apple execs,

You are wasting your time.

Sincerely,

Boy-better-know

12. secondtonone macrumors newbie

I'm also confused over the frustration, confused and annoyed.

Apple has set a clear expectation for delivery so why do they owe anyone transparency?

It's unfortunate that the original poster is upset and feels let down by Apple but sending unreasonable e-mails is a bit ridiculous.

13. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Yes, it's not like they promised an April 24 delivery then delayed it to May 8. They were transparent from the beginning.

14. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

But all that doesn't matter. We all know what some people are like.

15. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I'm like whatever about it but what kind of gets me pissed off is that NO ONE has received certain models though they were told they would start being delivered on 4/24. That's an issue for me.

If I didn't get it because I ordered it 30 seconds after someone else and that someone else got it on 4/24 then alright, first come first serve, but they said 4/24 when in reality that's not the case. That's annoying. That's what makes it feel like getting up at 3am to get an order in was such a waste.

16. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

A point well made... :rolleyes:

17. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

They gave you a delivery window when you places your order. You will get your order then. Stop complaining about this. These threads are so old. Same complaints over and over.

Maybe you should email Jeff Williams the COO, as he is likely to be more involved with the production to retail process.

Oh....and no one cares about your email. Cancel your pre-order. That's the strongest way to send a message.

18. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

OP, if you ordered a pizza and they said 15-20 minutes for delivery, would you send them an angry email if they took 18 minutes?

19. Eeko, Apr 25, 2015

Eeko macrumors regular

You got something brown on your nose.

20. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Thank you, I spilled a little coffee this morning.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get your watch soon ;)

21. walshy1009 macrumors regular

walshy1009

Dear Tim & Angela

Please invite me to your earth day party next year. The footage I saw of it on Instagram looked awesome!

Say hi to Jony for me :)

~Luke

22. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Just sent an email to both, I know they're both personally not going to read it but maybe someone at Apple will.

23. martinctv thread starter macrumors regular

Only if it were fact that some ordered a pizza after me and got theirs delivered first.

----------

Thank you for your comment.

----------

If you read the email in stead of just posting your comment, maybe you would not be confused. The annoyance comes from the folks that received their watches that got a 4-6 week window or a delivers in June before those that got a 4/24-5/8 window, and the email that they are working on our orders.

24. RichardMZhlubb macrumors member

They never said they would start delivering all models by 4/24. They said they would deliver them within the 4/24-5/8 window.

25. dannyyankou, Apr 25, 2015

dannyyankou

But what if someone ordered pepperoni on their pizza and they were having a shortage of pepperoni because of its popularity, and you would have to wait a little longer until they got more pepperoni in stock?