Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Repair site iFixit managed to get a Mac Pro on Friday, and has kicked off its traditional teardown with an uncasing and first impressions video.

The video shows the process of removing the Mac Pro's aluminum case and it takes a look at some of the internal components.

For those interested in a quick look at what's inside the Mac Pro and how the different components work, the video is worth checking out.

iFixit plans to share a full Mac Pro teardown next week, likely on Tuesday.

Article Link: iFixit Shares Mac Pro Uncasing and First Impressions

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
May 27, 2014
I love how modular this machine is..

Well, looks.. I am assuming it's modular.. I don't really know much about it because I cannot afford it.

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
The overall mood of this thread:
1576263901036.png

:D :D iFixit triggered the heck out of MR commenters. :D :D

vinegarshots

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2018
The overall mood of this thread:
View attachment 882582

:D :D People get upset over the most benign things.

You could save a lot of time by just looking at Apple's landing page for the Mac Pro. This video offers absolutely no useful information that you couldn't get elsewhere. Except for the pointless part with the cheese, I guess.

It takes FIVE minutes before they even open the thing up. Almost THREE minutes are spent on cheese.

Stephen.R

Suspended
Nov 2, 2018
Thailand
Wow could they have picked worser lightning for that video?
... I’m pretty sure any kind of lightning close to a Mac Pro is gonna render it unusable and kill or injure the person apparently grating cheese on it.

The cheese is likely to be obliterated by said lightning.

But then again “worser” isn’t a word so maybe I misunderstood what you meant completely.
[automerge]1576264647[/automerge]
All the money they burn making this sort of content, they could feed the poor and donate to charities...
They could have given the cheese to the poor.

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
You could save a lot of time by just looking at Apple's landing page for the Mac Pro. This video offers absolutely no useful information that you couldn't get elsewhere. Except for the pointless part with the cheese, I guess.

It takes FIVE minutes before they even open the thing up. Almost THREE minutes are spent on cheese.
If I go to Apple's landing page, I miss all the moaning and whining on MR about cheese on a computer. One would be forgiven for thinking iFixit was clubbing baby seals. I mean we got somebody claiming a computer was disrespected and another trotting out the feed the poor tired trope. People are unnecessarily up in their feels.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.