Ifrogz Lux Case Revaluation

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by labman, Jun 23, 2009.

1. labman macrumors 604

labman

I said in a post I wasn't happy with this case. The bottom docking piece would not lock into place. Since then I contacted Ifrogz and the Seller Both were great at offering to replace the case. How ever it just need a little trimming. I have told both I am happy with the case now. I be happy to buy other colors in the future. BTW the seller was a ebay seller had a great price on the case. Seller was youlovethisdeal it was $13.95 with free ship. Pics will tell the rest. I thought it only fair that I give both of these a thumbs up!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. phannon666 macrumors regular

I got that exact case some 10 months ago now I think, had it on ever since! No scratches on the iPhone itself and only a couple of nicks on the case now. Friends with iPhones frequently ask me what it is when they see it, they all want it!

3. psywzrd macrumors 68030

How's your bezel holding up? I know that this case doesn't offer total bezel protection and that is a concern for me.

4. phannon666 macrumors regular

Absolutely fine, the case when on reveals a very small bit of chrome all the way around, which I think looks pretty good! Rest easy, my iPhone 3G still looks as good as the day I got it cos of this case.

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Did you take your pics down? They're not showing up for me. I want to see how bulky this case is.

6. phannon666 macrumors regular

I'm not the OP, but the pics display fine for me. Minimal bulk is added by the case.

7. psywzrd macrumors 68030

My bad. I still can't see the pics though. I don't know what's going on.

8. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Well, this is good news as I just ordered an iFrogz case for my 3Gs. I got the Clear Top but is should essentially be the same. :)

9. phannon666 macrumors regular

No worries, I'm using Safari 4 fyi, and it was ok earlier at work, using Chrome on WinXP there.

10. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'll have to check when I get home then (I'm on IE at work but use Safari at home).

11. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

I got the orange and love it... great case !

Attached Files:

• wr.jpeg
      wr.jpeg
      File size:
      76.1 KB
      Views:
  12. beni32 macrumors newbie

Is the lip around the bezel raised enough so if the phone is face down the glass won't touch?

I have the candyshell and this is one of the features I love about it but would like to try the iFrogz.

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I bought the same one. I love my capsule rebel but I couldn't resist the orange.

14. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I don't personally have this case (I'm ordering one today I think) but I've watched several Youtube reviews of the Luxe and every one of them mentions the lay on the table design. So to answer your question, yes the lip around the bezel is raised enough so that the glass won't touch if you lay the phone face down on a desk or whatever.

15. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

+1 for the ifrogz, i picked one up on launch day for my 3GS and i really like the case.

16. CoreyHM1 macrumors member

I got the blue one, best case i have used so far. I like the inside, it actually doesn't scratch the phone.

[​IMG]

17. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I ordered my Luxe today but I'm a little concerned about the size of it. I have a Seidio Innocase now and I understand that this is bulkier. Does anyone know if it's significantly bigger or is the difference just marginal?

18. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I have the Innocase and today I went to a local at&t store and tried my 3GS in the Luxe case. Perfect fit, the felt made the phone slip in just like the Innocase and both feel pretty similar. I didn't think I was gonna like the back clasp design, but the phone in the case felt great in the hand and since I place my phone face down usually, it has a perfect amount of "lay on the table" design.

You wont notice a difference in size between the 2 cases

Since at&t likes to smoke dust and sell this case for $30 :eek:, I came home and ordered the same case on ebay for $14 shipped.

19. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Ah - that's exactly what I wanted to hear!:D Thanks for the info - I appreciate it. It sounds like we both ordered from the same ebay seller too. If this case is as good as it sounds, I may even buy another in a different color since they're so cheap.

20. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

Hey

is it the seller I mentioned in the beginning of the thread? good seller most fail to respond too you after you buy. I have over 700 s/b on ebay another seller sold me a A/V supposed to work with 3g didn't work with the 3g or 3gs might have been 3.0 but I contacted him to let him know no response and still listed the same way. :mad: I don't care about a refund just hate to see others ripped off!

21. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Yup - same seller you mentioned. Thank you for posting the info.

22. psywzrd macrumors 68030

A couple more questions for those of you that have this case? First, is the color chipping off the case at all? I read a few reviews on Amazon that mentioned the color flaking or chipping off the case. Also, I have a Power Support Anti-Glare on my phone and it's just about perfect - no air bubbles at all and it's almost perfectly centered. Will this case push my screen protector up and cause air bubbles? I'm worried about the little "pockets" on the front corners at the bottom of the case. Will I be able to put my phone in the case while making sure that my screen protector goes below those pockets?

23. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

i have a ps crystal film on my phone, which are more prone to bubbles, worked just fine when i tried it in the at&t store yesterday. what i usually do is press down on the phone while slipping the bottom cover on.

if you take your time, you should be fine

24. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

These are nice cases, however AVOID the Ifrogz Lux clear case.

The bottom piece has that nice felt on the bottom but the top clear piece does not and putting the Iphone in and taking it out is almost impossible, I thought I was going to destroy my phone because the phone sticks to the clear plastic (you can see water marks)

The colored cases have felt on both pieces, stick with those!!

I also don't understand why any of these cases don't protect all the chrome.

25. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

this case protects the bezel just fine

it just exposes the top side of the bezel which is not an area for destruction caused by other cases especially