I'm bored with my Apple watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ffosse, May 29, 2017.

1. Ffosse macrumors 6502a

At first I really loved the 42mm Series 2 but am now so jaded with it that I often won't wear it, preferring one of my Swiss watches instead.

I get annoyed by notifications that mean nothing to me from the likes of BBC News (yes, I know that I can change this).

I did buy the watch anticipating that it would motivate me to exercise more; I've found that I'll exercise more or less the same with or without the watch.

I still think it's one of the best smart watches around (barring the more feature rich Garmin models) but I'm tiring of mine.

Does anyone else feel the same about their Apple watch?

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

No,I don't use much of the health or fitness stuff added. For me,the watch is perfect for news feeds,navigation and weather checks. I also use it as remote control for music playback or camera in my phone,and of course to unlock my laptop.
    All this works fine for me.

3. Picapau21 macrumors 6502

Bored too!! Looking at wearing a good quality regular watch again. I only really use the activity tracking feature of the apple watch.

4. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

And the Swiss does not bore you? I guess that if you did not use any of the features of a smartwatch, then it really has no use for you. It is like my mother who has iPhone 7 but has really no use for any of its smartphone features...and i have to do trouble shooting for her every weekend to fix simple stuff! :D Sometimes, i regret upgrading her from a flip phone!

5. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I am definitely not bored with mine. I upgraded the S0 watch I had to an S2 model a month or so ago, in part because I actually use it a lot more now than I did even 6 months ago.

6. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I'm bored.
    I just got through researching the Samsung S3 because I really like the aesthetics of that thing better than the Apple Watch. Unfortunately its really crippled when used with the iPhone.
    On the plus side though -- I left my iPhone in my car at the park-n-ride last week and because of my Apple Watch I could still text back and forth with my wife and son.
    That was pretty cool.

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Definitely not. I love it as much today as the day it arrived in the mail.

8. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I wear mine frequently and use it for different things. Which to me, keeps the Watch refreshed because of its capabilities. The convenience side of things with messages and leaving my 7 Plus behind never gets old to me, which allows me to not be tethered the my iPhone.

Also, changing the bands gives the Watch a much refreshed look physically, which helps the outward appearance.

However, there's nothing wrong with switching up watches and then perhaps returning back to the Apple Watch after a while. You might find that you might miss some of its capabilities.

9. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I'm kind of bored with the apple watch as well. The biggest thing I use it for is fitness tracking and reading notifications.

With that in mind I may look into an android watch as I like the look better or maybe a fitbit.

10. Ffosse, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017

Ffosse thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I'm going to keep it, perhaps customise a few new faces for it and see if that brings back the appeal for me. The one thing I do like is the ability to stream music to my BT earphones outside when I don't bring my phone, but those earphones are kind of fiddly and it takes a while to get the music going. It doesn't help that the earphones keep falling out (B & O H5 and weren't cheap; but there's a dearth of decent BT earphones around).

I think this means that I won't upgrade to the new watch whether it's in a few months or a year away.

I won't be buying a new band, either.

11. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The Worldwide developer conference is next week and they debut a demo of watchOS 4, so perhaps Apple will implement some new features that will keep the watch refreshed and appealing with watch faces, more customization, added features, etc. So tune in next week to the conference and we will see what happens.

12. Thai, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017

Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

Get BeatsX or Airpods to help fix your BT issues. IF true, the new Watch (3rd gen) may gain extra functionality such as blood sugar measurements and that makes it a MUST buy for me.

For me i don't change out watch faces nor change bands often (i love Nike band after trying a few). So, for me, the draw is the extra functionality that enhances my daily life....and thus makes it worth it for me.

The Swiss is very pretty and elegant...no doubt. My Rolex is such an eye candy every time i try it on. The solid white gold fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet with hidden clasp are sex on the wrist for your eyes! But after a while, it does not really help me thru my work week and loses its appeal (for me)...thus becomes boring even with a mechanical beating heart inside it.

The Apple Watch may not look as good, but it improves/enhances my life (and health)...something that a shiny jewel on the wrist cannot.

13. iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

I share time between my Rolex and the Apple Watch S2. The Rolex is as plain as it gets but I love the mechanical movement, weight and detail. It's in the Apple Watch vs Rolex thread if your actually into watches. Post #583.

The Apple Watch does all my fitness. I wouldn't take off a decent Swiss Watch for a Fitbit thus my Fitbit is the clip on Zip. I love analytics. I run, cycle and walk loads. 20k steps on Sunday, a run, one recreational cycle and a work commute. Cars are the bane of my existence. Antisocial planet destroying status/finance mobiles. Ew! I do drive having a family but it's out for food shops and family trips only. If not for family it would be gone. SUV's? Do you even off road bro or just not fit in a normal car? :D Off topic tho.

I love all this displayed on the watch and the cloud stuff it does without my phone I just discovered. I don't use it for notifications it stays on airplane mode. Gps off till I run.

Finally for meditation which I recommend, I use it to time 10 min. Checking the time part way through affects my zen. ;) Although I wish the breath app did 10 min as that's the minimum. I have to restart 5 min or use the timer. The timer doesn't add to analytics.

Finally it's the price of a wannabe Swiss or Seiko and it does much more. I do love wannabe Swiss and Seiko FYI but... you get my point.

14. jannette macrumors 6502

I still love my watch! I have a series 0 that I bought immediately they were available.
    I especially like Apple Pay, email notifications and messages.
    I do have a lot of bands.....I am the Imelda Marcos of watch bands!
    I agree it is not very elegant especially on my thin wrist but I would hate to be without it.

15. cobracnvt macrumors member

cobracnvt

I still use mine daily. I really like the notifications, messaging with voice recognition, ability to quickly check the weather, and... check what time it is.

16. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Apple Watch does NOT bore me but it is nice to notify me of new text/iMessage or appointment reminder I don't have to worry about taking out my phone out of my pocket all the times.

17. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

Not bored at all. I Love my S0 and use it every day.

18. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I'm totally with you on this. I only wear my apple watch to bed to serve as my morning alarm when needed. I prefer giving wrist time to my mechanical watches.

19. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

Out of curiosity, what would you like to see in future versions or Watch OS updates, that would bring more excitement, appeal or interest to you and would re-kindle the interest?

20. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

Bored in the same way that I'm bored of my iPhone, iPad, and iMac I guess... it has become a standard part of my daily operations. I never used to wear a watch before the Apple Watch, though.

Admittedly I have a few bands for the Watch. I still admire the space black Milanese loop on my wrist a few times a week. I don't really swap bands anymore (the space black Milanese is far and away my favorite), but I admire their construction and appearance. I guess that means I'm not bored of the bands, as I still take the time to look them over and appreciate them.

21. bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

Wouldn't wearing a Swiss watch that only eh... tells time, be more boring than a smart watch?

22. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I don't necessarily think wearing a mechanical watch or Swiss watch would make it any more boring. I think it's just a matter of not seeing the same thing on your wrist all the time. It's nice having options to appreciate a thing of beauty of a mechanical watch versus a piece of technology on your wrist. Both serve different occasions I have an appreciation for mechanical at times watch over my Apple Watch.

23. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I find it bizarre that a watch would be entertaining to begin with. It's a tool and a fashion accessory. What's there to be bored of? You sound like my 5-year-old.

24. pedrowerner macrumors regular

pedrowerner

I love my MacBook/iPad/Watch/iPhone but sometimes I don't have anything to do in it, thus it gets really boring; or maybe my life is, oh well..

25. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

I use it now mostly as a fashion device. SS with black leather.