Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hkoster1

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
The Netherlands
The supply situation with the Retina 5K iMac seems to be improving.
My BTO 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD:

19 Dec ordered, estimated delivery 4-5 Jan
20 Dec processing
21 Dec preparing for shipment
22 Dec dispatched (also notified by Apple), estimated delivery 30 Dec including merging with some other stuff I ordered.

That's next week, folks! :)

drpeej

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2014
Just because it's coming from Ireland doesnt mean it's any quicker. My replacement iMac is taking exactly the same time to come from Cork as my original one did from Shanghai

Tamworth, United Kingdom 22/12/2014 17:19 Destination Scan
Tamworth, United Kingdom 21/12/2014 23:47 Arrival Scan
Dublin, Ireland 20/12/2014 1:00 Departure Scan
20/12/2014 0:10 Export Scan
Dublin, Ireland 19/12/2014 22:30 Arrival Scan
Cork, Ireland 19/12/2014 19:20 Departure Scan
Cork, Ireland 18/12/2014 20:39 Sender tendered the shipment to UPS after the latest collection for the requested service. A day delay is likely.
18/12/2014 20:38 Origin Scan
Ireland 18/12/2014 12:07 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I also waited in all day Friday for TNT to collect my original iMac but they never came.

TNT rang this morning to say that no-one was in when they called on Friday (both my wife and I were at home all day). They said they would collect this afternoon but the driver arrived this morning. He said that the reason he didn't collect Friday was because he ran out of time and customer support were misinforming me.

The courier services seem to be a complete shambles!

Last edited:

vodouman

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2008
London
Mine was supposed to be delivered by TNT on 24th December.

I am with family on 24th December in Wales so called Apple to ask them to get TNT to change the delivery destination. I have called Apple twice to confirm these details are correct - yet when I track the TNT delivery it says the destination is still my house.

I am hoping that the system doesn't update to reflect amended address details, but after tracking the shipment this evening it has gone to a delivery depot in Northampton which is 1hr away from me.

I'm guessing they're going to mess this up.

My only hope is that they try to deliver to my home a day earlier than scheduled as I am not due to leave tomorrow until late evening.

- Vodouman

dE jEAN

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2014
Belgium
Mine was supposed to be delivered by TNT on 24th December.

I am with family on 24th December in Wales so called Apple to ask them to get TNT to change the delivery destination. I have called Apple twice to confirm these details are correct - yet when I track the TNT delivery it says the destination is still my house.

I am hoping that the system doesn't update to reflect amended address details, but after tracking the shipment this evening it has gone to a delivery depot in Northampton which is 1hr away from me.

I'm guessing they're going to mess this up.

My only hope is that they try to deliver to my home a day earlier than scheduled as I am not due to leave tomorrow until late evening.

- Vodouman

Good Luck!!
It could be a little bit complicated (changing a parameter in a production chain)... nevertheless it can't be that difficult just to change the adress mentioned several days/weeks ago?!

for me it is also an "i-day" today?!
All in for a delivery today?!!Waiting for a call of the Premium reseller!
After installing and migration by them, i suppose to be operational just before Christmas evening ... Otherwise it will be a few more days waiting.

vodouman

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2008
London
Good Luck!!
It could be a little bit complicated (changing a parameter in a production chain)... nevertheless it can't be that difficult just to change the adress mentioned several days/weeks ago?!

for me it is also an "i-day" today?!
All in for a delivery today?!!Waiting for a call of the Premium reseller!
After installing and migration by them, i suppose to be operational just before Christmas evening ... Otherwise it will be a few more days waiting.

Tracking again this morning - I can see it has moved to a depot in Slough... Which is 20 minute drive away from the old address listing.

Something tells me they've messed this up.

FFS.

drpeej

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2014
My replacement has arrived and seems to be working so far. I'm just restoring the backup. Fingers crossed

dE jEAN

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2014
Belgium
Yes ... delivered!

Now a lot of installing and migration by my engineer ... and then i really can enter the world of mac!Hopefully tonight ... sure tomorrow!

(ordered 4 dec 14 - 7i - 1 TB - 8 gb - m290x)

acxz

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2007
Just ordered mine. Delivery 9th-14th Jan. Bit disappointed it's that long tbh.

OlexandrIgnatov

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2014
Just received mine today, finally!

All great, screen is simply amazing, crystal clear and super sharp. No loud sounds from machine, works quiet and smooth!

Really loved it till that moment. Wish all guys here who haven't received it yet to get it as soon as possible. It'll worth the wait, believe me!

b4wx

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2014
Ordered: Dec 15 18:00 PST
Destination: Los Angeles, California

- i7, 8GB, 512GB SSD, M295X
- Standard (expedited option not available when ordering)

initial stated timeframe when ordering:
- Time to ship: 1-3 business days
- Delivery: Dec 18-20

Order status changed from "PROCESSING ITEMS" to "PREPARING FOR SHIPMENT" early this morning (05:00 PST) and got an email stating that there was an unexpected delay.

revised timeframe:
- Time to ship: 2-4 business days
- Delivery: Dec 26-30

Called rep asking on issue of delay. Mentioned that I ordered from website because stated timeframes would be in line with me getting product before xmas. Was told that 27" iMacs are in huge demand but was told she could not give me any further info at the time, since items were in the "preparing for shipment" phase.

Rep said that once I get tracking info, she could give me a better idea on when it'll actually arrives. Apparently when items go into the "prepare for shipment" phase, they typically get sent out within 24 hours, so there's a chance that i'll get my item before the revised delivery date (Dec 26-30) but i'm not holding my breath...

Just wanted to update my info.

Shipment was sent out Dec 19th by FedEx, who claimed delivery was set for Dec 23rd (shorter than what Apple had indicated with its updated info from my previous post)

iMac was indeed delivered on Dec 23rd. Origin from Northern California (I'm in Los Angeles)

thommo87

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2014
Ordered mine on the 16th on interest free so payment may not have been received for up to 24 hours (although it appears apple acknowledged that received the payment that afternoon).

Ordered the following
4.0GHz QC i7 Turboboost 4.4GHz
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2x8GB
3TB Fusion Dr (3TB+128GBFlash)
AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2GB GDDR5

Order is still showing as "processing" with an estimated delivery of the 24th to 30th.

vanz

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2012
Ordered 2 on Dec. 5th from Adorama, still on backorder....

Apple 27" iMac with Retina 5K Display, 5120x2880, Intel Core i7 Quad-Core 4.0GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, AMD Radeon M295X, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Late 2014)

I received both iMacs just recently. One was delivered weds. dec. 24, and the other yesterday dec. 29.

screen is amazing!

hkoster1

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
The Netherlands
I also waited in all day Friday for TNT to collect my original iMac but they never came.

TNT rang this morning to say that no-one was in when they called on Friday (both my wife and I were at home all day). They said they would collect this afternoon but the driver arrived this morning. He said that the reason he didn't collect Friday was because he ran out of time and customer support were misinforming me.

The courier services seem to be a complete shambles!

TNT just got to be the worst of the lot. My iMac 5K Retina was supposed to be delivered today, but still no tracking info available. Called Apple Customer Service this morning who told me that it was out for delivery with TNT, so I stayed home all day. It never got here. Apple should stop doing business with this outfit.:mad:

Shpenza

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Barcelona
Oh well, after long long reading of iMac 5k Good and Bad opinions with the GPU, I have finally ordered mine.

i7 CPU, m295x GPU and 256 SSD, (RAM will be upgraded later ofcourse).

Order date: 30th Dec 2014, its processing at the moment.

Arrival date is estimated for 12-14 of Jan 2015.

I cant wait!!!

hkoster1

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
The Netherlands
Received mine this a.m. 2 January 2015 (ordered 19 December, shipped 22 December, promised delivery 30 December), more or less simultaneous with message from Apple that delivery might possibly run a little late (from 30 December, I presume).

Box said: Assembled in Ireland? Strange... 11 days to get from Ireland to The Netherlands seems a bit long, even allowing for the holidays.

But, was it ever worth the wait! Flawless screen, no backlight issues, no dead or stuck pixels, the standard '290' GPU runs cool and can handle my Trainz game no problem. I'm finding that the scaled 2048x1152 resolution suits me best.:D

Shpenza

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Barcelona
Oh well, after long long reading of iMac 5k Good and Bad opinions with the GPU, I have finally ordered mine.

i7 CPU, m295x GPU and 256 SSD, (RAM will be upgraded later ofcourse).

Order date: 30th Dec 2014, its processing at the moment.

Arrival date is estimated for 12-14 of Jan 2015.

I cant wait!!!

Just got my shipping notification, it wil larrive on time as scheduled.
Seem to be coming from Ireland, so i guess its assembled there and not in China (I had a similar 2010 iMac that was assembled there as well).

That's nice for EU countries that order from Apple; to get a product that is assembled in the EU fo a change :)

Shpenza

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Barcelona
Just got my shipping notification, it wil larrive on time as scheduled.
Seem to be coming from Ireland, so i guess its assembled there and not in China (I had a similar 2010 iMac that was assembled there as well).

That's nice for EU countries that order from Apple; to get a product that is assembled in the EU fo a change :)

Seems that the delay is no longer, package arriving ahead of schedule, TODAY! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.