Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kidcrayon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2018
Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing dirty shutdowns/restarts when putting your iMac Pro to sleep?

I'm having to restore apps, files and browser windows every time I reawaken from sleep, or the same happens when I get back to the office in the morning and the computer has shut down completely over night. The apps have all presented messages that they quit unexpectedly. I've gone over all system settings and Apple support have yielded no solutions at this point either.

It happens on both a test account with stock apps installed and my personal account with the following apps:

Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop / Lightroom / Illustrator / After Effects / Premiere Pro / Dreamweaver / Acrobat)
Cinema 4D
Google Chrome
Spotify

My load screen is also very glitchy. The Avatar transition staggers and there is a huge delay with my mouse and keyboard when trying to enter my password. I have a loading bar appear upon every restart (including a clean shutdown and restart). This certainly feels like abnormal behaviour.

Any insight would be appreciated as I'm considering sending this back.

Thanks

bxs

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2007
Seattle, WA
Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing dirty shutdowns/restarts when putting your iMac Pro to sleep?

I'm having to restore apps, files and browser windows every time I reawaken from sleep, or the same happens when I get back to the office in the morning and the computer has shut down completely over night. The apps have all presented messages that they quit unexpectedly. I've gone over all system settings and Apple support have yielded no solutions at this point either.

It happens on both a test account with stock apps installed and my personal account with the following apps:

Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop / Lightroom / Illustrator / After Effects / Premiere Pro / Dreamweaver / Acrobat)
Cinema 4D
Google Chrome
Spotify

My load screen is also very glitchy. The Avatar transition staggers and there is a huge delay with my mouse and keyboard when trying to enter my password. I have a loading bar appear upon every restart (including a clean shutdown and restart). This certainly feels like abnormal behaviour.

Any insight would be appreciated as I'm considering sending this back.

Thanks

1) Remove ALL the Login Items for your account using the Users&Groups panel
2) Perform a SAFE boot by keeping the Shift key pressed during boot up
3) see if these two things help you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.