Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryan0402

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
so should I wait for the new 27in for i am going to be doing some gaming like bfbc2 and maybe the new black ops:confused::confused::confused: If the graphics card gonna be a huge difference or exactly the same cause itll be upgraded from the 4**** series to the 5**** and will it be in september or august

ryan0402

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
the magic trackpad would be kinda sick for gaming. pinch to scope, tap to fire, swipe to look around it makes me so happy thinking about it :D :D :D :D :D

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009

If they do a 21.5 with a core i3 and a half descent gpu and USB 3 i will buy it. If any of that is missing i will continue using my MacBook pro and wait

regandarcy

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2010
I just hope the 21" version gets a quad core option. As much as I dig the 27 incher, it's kinda too big IMHO when you are sitting a foot away on your desk. But if the next iMac updates don't include a quad core 21" version....I'll get the 27". :)

I want the quad core for heavy video editing and animation work, as well as to help "future proof" my iMac.

That's all I care about. The USB 3.0 would be nice too....but I really couldn't care less about the supposed rumor of a "touch screen" iMac. WHO really wants or needs THAT feature? I mean REALLY? Lol. Love it on my iPad...but an iMac? Come on. Sounds like a novelty at best....and an unnecessary annoyance at worst. :p

Vidd

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2006
I'm really hoping that the refresh is substantial. My iMac model will be three years old next month and I'm itching for an update. :D

regandarcy

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2010
Tell me about it! My G5 iMac is 5 years old and showing it's age. It can't play HD video on YouTube without choking and it can't even run the latest Mac osx.

Yup...it's TIME for an update. Sorry old friend....you've served me well, but I needs me a new iMac! :p

Yinmay

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
so should I wait for the new 27in for i am going to be doing some gaming like bfbc2 and maybe the new black ops:confused::confused::confused: If the graphics card gonna be a huge difference or exactly the same cause itll be upgraded from the 4**** series to the 5**** and will it be in september or august

We're getting close to the refresh. Hold tight. The more people wait, the more hard-pressed Apple are to update their computers. As long as their current models keep selling well enough they're in no hurry to release new ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.