iMac shipping times

Discussion in 'iMac' started by theRevIsNotDead, Sep 25, 2013.

1. theRevIsNotDead macrumors member

theRevIsNotDead

I ordered a new iMac as soon as I learned of the refresh. As soon as you order anything off the base model the ship time increases to 7 - 10 days. So, 7 - 10 days for processing and 7 - 10 days for delivery (to Canada).

In your experience, has this been more or less when you get your product, or have they come in earlier? I find myself frequently checking the order page to see if anything has changed even though I just ordered yesterday afternoon.

2. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I ordered a BTO 27" yesterday and it's due next Thursday.

My 2011 was a refurb, so it came within days. I recall my 2009 BTO took about a week, as did my 2007 BTO.

3. theRevIsNotDead thread starter macrumors member

theRevIsNotDead

You must be in the US then... Us northerners seem to get shafted!

4. quintilian, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

quintilian macrumors newbie

Me and my GF ordered two iMacs (27") with quite a few upgrades, and got quoated expected delivery between 11-15th of October :(

We are in Norway btw.

5. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Anyone's marked as Preparing for Shipment yet? Technically mine should be in that time frame sometime tomorrow at the earliest, but it could happen sooner (I hope!)

6. jschoorl macrumors newbie

Ordered yesterday 27", I5, 3TB fusion; delivery data 8-10 oct.
    (Europe Netherlands)

7. theRevIsNotDead thread starter macrumors member

theRevIsNotDead

You ordered a full three days after I did (I ordered mine early Tuesday morning, the second I learned of the update) and you're getting yours at the same time as I am! Haha, I must be unlucky! :(

8. bp1000 macrumors 65816

I also ordered 30mins after announcement

Mine is due between 3rd and 7th October

Still in processing stage.

9. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Same here. Really hoping for a delivery on the 3rd or 4th. Want this beast for the weekend.

10. bluescale macrumors member

I ordered mine within an hour of the announcement. My order delivers between Oct. 3rd and 5th, which is strange, since that stretches into the weekend. I'm on the west coast (Oregon) which might account for the smaller shipping window.

Does anyone know if those dates are a delivery window, or when it's expected to leaves the warehouse?

11. theRevIsNotDead thread starter macrumors member

theRevIsNotDead

I believe there are two separate dates, one is when it will be ready to ship and the other is when you'll get it. For example, mine says it's ready to ship in 7 - 10 business days, which would put me at this coming Tuesday. So they build it during that time. But the shipping date isn't for another week from then, Oct. 8 - 11.

Did you order the base model? I upgraded mine.

12. bluescale macrumors member

Nope, BTO:

Processing Items Available to ship: 5 - 7 business days
    Delivers: Oct 3 - Oct 5 by Standard Shipping

27-inch iMac
    NVIDIAGeForceGTX780M 4GB GDDR5
    3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5
    8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
    512GB Flash Storage
    MAGIC TRACKPAD
    Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd
    AppleCare Protection Plan for iMac - Auto-enroll
    Automatically registered with your Apple Hardware.​

I ordered it on Tuesday, which means Oct. 2 would be the 7 day mark. Interestingly, when I selected express shipping rather than standard, free shipping, it had the delivery date as Oct 3 - Oct 7. That's the only reason I went with standard.

13. Sturgeon boy macrumors member

Sturgeon boy

Mine is due between the 30th of sept and 2nd of October in the uk

14. sazza85 macrumors member

I ordered mine yesterday, i7, 780m 4gb, 3tb fusion and delivery is 8-10th October (in uk). I was looking to order Thursday and delivery was 7-9th so the BTO seem to have the same production time.

Just wish the 8th would hurry up!

15. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Tumbleweed666

Anyone know if there is any flexibility on delivery dates, specifically asking for a delay?

Reason being, I will be on holiday, was thinking I could order just before I left and ask for delivery when I was back. For example, if I ordered on 1st, would be away 2nd-13th, and they said delivery would be 10-12th could I ask for it to be 14th onwards? Last time I ordered was 4 years ago so have no recollection at all of the detailed process.

TIA

16. in4fun macrumors regular

I paid €10 extra for express shipping

cut my estimated shipping time from 15th to 7th October.

17. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

We ordered on September 22nd, and were surprised by the refresh. A call to Apple revealed we would get the upgrade. As of today my order status had changed to "preparing for shipment" with a delivery range of October 5th through 7th.

18. sazza85 macrumors member

Lucky, express shipping did nothing to my shipping quote. Paid for a pre 9:30am tho

19. in4fun macrumors regular

I guess it depends where you're located

I ordered from Germany and if memory serves me right my macs were always shipped from Ireland to the Netherlands and then finally to Germany. So the route is long enough for express shipping to make a difference.

20. Laucian Nailor macrumors member

Laucian Nailor

In the UK here, ordered at 8:30pm local time (15:30 EST, 12:30 PST) on the 24th for a BTO 27" and have a 30th September to 2nd October delivery schedule :)

21. theRevIsNotDead thread starter macrumors member

theRevIsNotDead

It sounds reasonable to call the company it will ship with and request a hold on it. I'd start by doing that. Here in Canada, its FedEx.

22. Sanatogen macrumors member

Sanatogen

It took me around 4 days to receive mine but I suppose it all depends on how and where you order it.

23. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I've never used the Express option and I notice my Apple products are usually at most 48 hours in transit from China with no long layovers at their hubs (either Anchorage or Memphis / Indianapolis). So I am guessing it's the same "express" shipping even for those who chose free shipping in such situations.

24. Serban Suspended

so for EU the imacs are assembled in Ireland ? Or only for the East EU?

25. in4fun macrumors regular

Since Ireland is Apples european HQ and macs have been assembled there since the 80s I would assume that goes for all of europe.