iMessage shows delivered on iPhone but read on Mac, whats that mean?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hewitt0007, Apr 7, 2016.

1. hewitt0007 macrumors newbie

I sent the messages via my iPhone, in the iMessage of iPhone, the last message is always said to be delivered and the previous ones are read. While i checked on the iMessage on my mac, all the messages are marked 'read'. what's that mean? I'm so confused! I'm thinking i got blocked!

2. v0lume4 macrumors 68000

v0lume4

Mm... Strange that it would show up as "Delivered" on one device and "Read" on another. The user that you are sending messages to has to turn on Read Receipts in order for the "Read" message to be displayed to you. Regardless of your device, it should show up as "Read" to you.

May just be a bug.

3. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

I can't recall for sure but I believe when you're blocked it doesn't show delivered.

What likely has happened is that read receipts are turned off on one and on on the other device, if I understand you correctly.

4. hewitt0007 thread starter macrumors newbie

is the
    nope, they are both on. because the previous messages show 'read' and only the latest one shows 'delivered'

5. 7042003 macrumors newbie

Send read receipts is per device. It sounds like the recipient read your last iMessage from a device with send read receipts turned off. Which would then only show the delivered status.

6. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

A few of us are experiencing this as well. Seemed like the issue occurred after the release of 9.2.

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Issue I'm dealing with as well. Someone will Read an iMessage then a while passes and if I open that iMessage thread I have with that person it gets changed to Delivered.

Anyone else experiencing this?

8. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

If you are on someones block list it only shows as delivered.

9. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

My woman was complaining about this very thing. Again it seemed to originate around iOS 9.2

10. maya2016 macrumors newbie

Hi! Anyone resolved this bug updating at iOS10??