In Apple retail stores?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by UASteph, Sep 9, 2008.

1. UASteph macrumors member

Has anyone confirmed whether or not the new products (specifically the touch!) are in Apple's retail stores yet? I'm at work and can't call them to check. :p

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Steve made the comment that some are available now, but will definitely be in stores by Friday.

TEG

3. Phish311 macrumors regular

Do new cases for the 2g touch usually arrive around the same time period. Now that these new touches have the volume control, id assume a whole new line of cases is needed

4. NothingShocking macrumors newbie

Give your local store a call. They'll probably know better then random internet people and save you the trouble of a wasted trip.

5. gust4life macrumors newbie

i called 2 of my local apple stores and both said they dont have the new ipods yet and dont know when they will have them. :(

6. Bullseye727 macrumors newbie

Same situation with me. I'm debating whether or not I should order one online today or wait till they arrive at the stores. But I'm worried they'll run out in the store lol but I want to get it as soon as possible. I think I'm just going to call the store each day to see if they got them yet if Steve said by Friday

7. zathras macrumors member

zathras

Same story here - don't have 'em, don't know when they'll get em. Thats why I ordered one online...

8. Masteric macrumors newbie

Not in my store...

Called my local store in Southern California: not in stock and don't know when. Kind of weak. I went ahead and ordered online. That saves me a trip to the store.... but it would have been nice to get one today.

9. California King macrumors 65816

I'm going to wait until Best Buy gets it. Don't want to wait for shipping and don't want to drive 30 minutes to an Apple store. Shouldn't be too long! Hopefully...Might cave in if I find out that the Apple store has it though.

10. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

I'm guessing if they have them anywhere, they have them in New York's 5th Avenue store. I work a few blocks away, so might just drop by and see.

11. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

When the Penryn MBP's were announced, Jobs said that they would be "available today."

That same day I was checking these forums and everyone was saying the exact same thing; that it wont be available till Friday. But I went in to my local Apple store and they got them in at around 8PM. By 9PM I was booting up my precious. :cool:

12. mcphat macrumors newbie

Retail Status

Chandler, Arizona: "At the earliest, tomorrow. But we don't know for sure."

Gilbert, Arizona: "We should get all the stuff to setup tonight so they'll be available tomorrow."

Now, I realize that tomorrow is not a long time away, but if you say, "Available Immediately" and I can't go buy one, you're lying.

13. DrNick macrumors newbie

Apple Store Chicago-North Michigan Av.

Just called and they do not have the new iPod's...they don't know when either :(

14. tmvonah0 macrumors newbie

tmvonah0

Richmond VA "should have them this weekend" was the answer I got. they don't even have anything out on display about them, and are still selling the old ones.

15. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

FWIW the stores really don't know what is coming in until it comes in, and even when its in they may not realize it until its been "checked in" and on the floor. In the past I've found the Apple Store online ship time to be a good guide as to when the retails stores will have the new stuff. I suspect the Touches will be in most larger stores by tomorrow evening.

16. wlow3 macrumors regular

What's the availability at YOUR local Apple store?

I read the Apple press release and it says:

"The new iPod touch is available immediately ... through the Apple Store, Apple's retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers."

So I called my local Apple retail store and I ask them if they have it in.

Nope.

I asked they guy if he knew when they would get it in.

He didn't know.

So I'm to believe that even though the press release says available immediately, not only do they not have it, they have no idea when they will get it? I'm from Cincinnati - a fairly large market.

My question is, does YOUR local Apple retail store have it?

17. Bullseye727 macrumors newbie

Same exact situation here. Called 2 stores in the area neither of which had them and didn't know when they were getting them although one of the stores said to call back tomarrow morning and ask so I don't know. We'll see tomorrow.

18. natezire71 Guest

I live in Atlanta, and I called EVERY Apple Store in Atlanta, all with the same reply.... Nope.

They said to call tomorrow and check because they might get a shipment. I'm hoping so, as I REALLY want the new touch. :D

I swear the last guy I called was about to laugh when I asked. :p

19. telf22 macrumors regular

20. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

whats the point of getting one when you can't get a case for it. I don't wanna ruin my new ipod touch w/in a couple days

21. natezire71 Guest

I'm gonna get an Invisible shield when I get mine.... I know it'll get scratched up in the back, but once you have a case on it, nobody will know except you.

22. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

My local store said they were getting the nanos later this week, and the new touches early next week.

23. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

My store said that they were getting their first shipment in two days.

24. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I'll go by the Market St. store here in SF tomorrow. I may very well walk out of the store with one, but I'd be very surprised if they didn't have them in stock.

25. vanhanz macrumors newbie

I have to get mine at Microcenter because I have a gift card there. They had no idea when theirs would come in. I really want one now.