Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
Finally after a two week delay!

http://goincase.com/products/detail/15-hardshell-case-cl57117

My local Apple store(Plano, Texas) had it in stock, and I picked one up!

dsc0003pf9.jpg

dsc0002rh1.jpg

dsc0006hf8.jpg

Absolutely awesome product, been waiting for it since I purchased my MBP a month and some ago. I hope the reduced angle of the screen won't bother me much, and the Hardshell does add a little weight to the MBP. I can feel my forearms straining picking it up with one hand. Time to eat spinach.

johngardiner

macrumors regular
May 13, 2008
Looks nice... am hoping someone can post a review of it so I can decide between a sleeve or a hardshell!

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2007
My SR pre-penryn had one on each side too. I thought that only the 17" had two on one side, and one on the other? Who knows.

What happened to the purple? I was looking forward to it... red isn't really my color. :(

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Man I searched high and low looking for this bad boy yesterday! Was it announced today? I was just going to be content with the other shell case thing (which I heard is rather cheap).

Just placed order.

Great find :D :apple:

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
In all honesty though is this really necessary? Like I'm seriously asking that question, is it?

I've had my MBP(s) (about 3 of them) over nearly 2 years, and none of them have gotten so much as a scratch. Does this case protect well against drops? I guess if it did that alone would make it worth it.

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
It just gives me a peace of mind, now I can manhandle it like it's a badboy once in a while.

I got this because I wanted to protect it from scratches, since I wasn't sure if it is scratchtastic like the iPods. I don't believe the Hardshell will be of any protection from a drop.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Quick Question. Have any of you seen these on a Macbook?

I realize the white is effectively "frost", but is it light "frost" or heavy "frost".

I want to make some inserts for the top half :D

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Quick Question. Have any of you seen these on a Macbook?

I realize the white is effectively "frost", but is it light "frost" or heavy "frost".

I want to make some inserts for the top half :D

looks like a light to me.. look at it! LOOK AT IT.

:D

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
wow this speck looks nice, from the apple store too

Attachments

• TM782.jpg
    TM782.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 5,834
  • TM782_AV1.jpg
    TM782_AV1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 5,833

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
I had the Speck version on my MacBook... always wanted Incase to make one!

Totally awesome. A year of hard use, including journalism trip to war-torn regions in Sudan and Uganda, running off the 4x4 power, being tossed around, dirt, dust, airline cabins (horror!), checking e-mail at 2AM in a rowdy pub, and my MacBook looks like I brought it home from the Apple Store yesterday. Hard case ftw! :)

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I had the Speck version on my MacBook... always wanted Incase to make one!

Totally awesome. A year of hard use, including journalism trip to war-torn regions in Sudan and Uganda, running off the 4x4 power, being tossed around, dirt, dust, airline cabins (horror!), and my MacBook looks like I brought it home from the Apple Store yesterday. Hard case ftw! :)

Mr. Demi-God dude

how is the speck? would you get the incase over the speck?

edit: you just did an edit

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
I had the black on my Blackbook and loved it. The reviews I have read from the MBP version have stated that it does not open much beyond 90 degrees. OP can you confirm this? How dark is the frost?

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
SchneiderMan, I've never used, or even seen, the Incase product in person, but if it's anything like their other products I know I'm going to love it!

The Speck is great, though all the little rubber feet came off within about a month of ownership. Not that it mattered, since the whole case is now a giant foot, and I have not noticed any loss in cooling ability.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
The speck cases are a cheap piece of plastic. The incase are made of a nice rubberized materiel. They have a nice look and feel to them.

Going on that assessment along I'd definitely go Incase next time around.

EDIT: Just checked out the Incase site... I'm going to say it's a far superior product. I love the speck, but looking at those pictures on the Incase site and I cannot wait to get my hands on one!

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
I checked out both the Speck and the Incase. No mean to bash, but the Speck really is a cheap looking piece of plastic that looks like will scratch and crack(think of a CD case).

The Incase is truly worth the $50 dollars, and the quality and texture is impressive.

The Frost isn't dark at all, I can still see the aluminum behind the Hardshell. It really really looks great, much better than I thought, to the point that I actually prefer the look of the Frost Hardshell on than the bare aluminum! It gives it a smooth textured aluminum look.

You guys will not be disappointed!

If any of you want a specific view of the Hardshell, let me know and I will take the pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.