Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoingoBongo

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2008
Hmm same here, I returned my case and they received it last Friday. If yours was last Monday and mine was four days after.. ugh

Could you update me BoingoBongo if you got your refund yet?

Definitely. If the refund hasn't been posted to my account by tomorrow, I'll give them a call.

Hooksta

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2008
To confirm...most of you using the Incase Slider for the 3G suggest applying the PS anti-glare film while the iPhone is IN in the Slider case. I should be receiving my anti-glare film today or tomorrow and wasn't sure if I should have the phone in or out of the case when applying it.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
To confirm...most of you using the Incase Slider for the 3G suggest applying the PS anti-glare film while the iPhone is IN in the Slider case. I should be receiving my anti-glare film today or tomorrow and wasn't sure if I should have the phone in or out of the case when applying it.

Correct. Put the phone in the case first and then apply the screen. This will help you to make sure the screen is on perfectly strait so that you avoid the bubbles that can occur if you do it the other way around and do not apply it perfectly. :D

BoingoBongo

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2008
Hmm same here, I returned my case and they received it last Friday. If yours was last Monday and mine was four days after.. ugh

Could you update me BoingoBongo if you got your refund yet?

I called them this morning and they said the Return Department received a bunch of returns on Thursday and Friday, and that mine was probably in there somewhere. The guy I talked to also said that since the UPS tracker showed it had been delivered to them already, he would mark it down as received and issue the refund today.

So if you still haven't gotten your refund, it will probably show up in a couple of days, but it also doesn't hurt to call. Their customer service was outstanding, and even though this one product didn't work out for me, I'll definitely buy from them again in the future. Awesome.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I called them this morning and they said the Return Department received a bunch of returns on Thursday and Friday, and that mine was probably in there somewhere. The guy I talked to also said that since the UPS tracker showed it had been delivered to them already, he would mark it down as received and issue the refund today.

So if you still haven't gotten your refund, it will probably show up in a couple of days, but it also doesn't hurt to call. Their customer service was outstanding, and even though this one product didn't work out for me, I'll definitely buy from them again in the future. Awesome.

Oh alright. Thanks for the info. Mine was probably part of those *returns last Friday haha. I'll wait probably till Thursday, if it won't show up I'll just call them. Thank you so much BoingoBongo for your update, appreciate it!

born4sky

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2008
I'm loving the case with the anti-glare too. Regarding that imperfection on the top I had mentioned, I saw in someone else's pic, the same little mark (in between the headphone jack and sleep button).

I wonder if anyone else has that mark on their's as well. Here are a couple of pics of mine:

I have exactly same thing on top of mine

lazerguncarrier

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2008
this is what incase was talking about...

"The Slider Case for iPhone™ 3G is now available in Black matte and White gloss through the webstore at goincase.com and will be on store shelves soon.

We're taking it a step further and going beyond black and white for the iPhone 3G, so look for new Slider Case color ways to release in the future.

(Hint: the future is shiny for fall and bright for spring.)
"

- I got this in an e-mail from InCase that was sent over the weekend.

I hope that by shiny they mean metallic. That'd be sweet. :cool:

kheovnien

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
UCI
that carpet looks like a hoax! :D
i think it looks like spray-painted plastic, probably someone that had a matte black that was peeling and decided to experiment.

SandersHokie

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2006
what's the general consensus on this bad boy? I'm leaning towards buying it. I have a rubber one but it just gets so much lent in my pocket it is unreal.

geekminer

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2008
I have a white 16gb 3G. Bought the white incase slider 2 weeks ago. Fit & finish is excellent. No scratches yet. I put a coat of car wax on it and so far it still looks like new. Fits snug but not too tight - from local Apple store. I'd buy again!

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
I have a white 16gb 3G. Bought the white incase slider 2 weeks ago. Fit & finish is excellent. No scratches yet. I put a coat of car wax on it and so far it still looks like new. Fits snug but not too tight - from local Apple store. I'd buy again!

Dang, car wax!!??? How slick do you want that thing to be. You have it slip outta your hand yet? Wow, that is bold my friend. :D

impact_blue

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2005
I was thinking of gettin this case too, but I got a couple of questions.

How slick does it make the phone? I mean I have the rubber 3G incase skin on my iphone and that feels "sticky" in my hands, but so much so it's kinda difficult to pull outta my pocket.

Also how much bulk will it add to the phone. And is the matte black really peeling off for everyone? :confused:

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
I went to BesBuy and found this RocketFish Universal Leather CellPhone Case. The size is perfect for the slider. It slips right in, as if it was made for it. NOt too loose and not too tight to cause stress on the case and plastic housing of the iPhone. It also swivels.

Thanks for this tip, I'm heading to Best Buy to find this.

PAH Mac

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2008
I was thinking of gettin this case too, but I got a couple of questions.

How slick does it make the phone? I mean I have the rubber 3G incase skin on my iphone and that feels "sticky" in my hands, but so much so it's kinda difficult to pull outta my pocket.

Also how much bulk will it add to the phone. And is the matte black really peeling off for everyone? :confused:

I've had the black matte for 3 weeks and no peeling. The matte finish is not at all slippery. Can't speak to the shiny white.

geekminer

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2008
Car wax is the way to go! I put a good coat of meguiars on my shiny white incase. Its not slippery at all. It put a good finish on it and thus far has held up great. I keep in my pocket, on my desk at work, or on my table and it does not have any scratches at all. Try it - you will like it. Great case, great fit, great looking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.