Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gsugators

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2008
ATL
I've been to several Walmarts in the area, and it's hard to find someone who even knows a new IPhone even came out, let alone have cases for them... not sure how all these people are finding them at their local Walmarts...

I went to 4 different Walmarts before I found a Frequency. The electronics areas are a mess with everything scattered all around. Don't even bother asking someone in Walmart for help.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
I had a black DualPro for my black iPhone 5 and returned it.

The case was super easy to put on the phone, with the rubber part acting as a buffer to prevent any scratching during application.

However, the rubber is way too loose at the top and bottom. I also don't like how far it reaches around the phone. The dealbreaker for me was how frickin dirty the rubber top and bottom would get every time I put it in my pocket. When I pulled it out, these two parts would be absolutely covered in dust.

Agree. I had a DualPro as well. Not only did the rubber get dirty on the outside, but when I took the case off after a couple of days, the loose rubber inner shell had let tons of dirt and grit get under the case. I now have a Frequency, which is much better. It's not a dirt magnet, and when I take the case off, there's no dirt underneath.

LittleGwen

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
USA
Yes! Finally got my Incipio Frequency! :D:D:D

6765.jpg

get.jpg

fgh.jpg

I like how the bottom is cut so the sound doesn't get muffled.

Purchased from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-Frequency-iPhone-Packaging-Obsidian/dp/B0098FKI3C/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1349972988&sr=8-9&keywords=incipio+iphone+5

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Yes! Finally got my Incipio Frequency! :D:D:D

I like how the bottom is cut so the sound doesn't get muffled.

Purchased from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-Frequency-iPhone-Packaging-Obsidian/dp/B0098FKI3C/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1349972988&sr=8-9&keywords=incipio+iphone+5

You're not bothered by the fact that those two little rubber pieces cover up the 2 of the speaker holes and 2 of the microphone holes? They're mis-aligned, and are supposed to cover the screws. I removed my Incipio Dualpro after realizing this.

LittleGwen

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
USA
You're not bothered by the fact that those two little rubber pieces cover up the 2 of the speaker holes and 2 of the microphone holes? They're mis-aligned, and are supposed to cover the screws. I removed my Incipio Dualpro after realizing this.

It doesn't bother me too much because the sound isn't muffled. I've used cases where the speaker holes are covered with plastic with a couple of holes for the speaker and the sound is muffled and weird.

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010

Could it be the they did it deliberately so that more lightning accessories would fit the port?

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
It doesn't bother me too much because the sound isn't muffled. I've used cases where the speaker holes are covered with plastic with a couple of holes for the speaker and the sound is muffled and weird.

Just realize that the call quality that others hear when you call them could be affected.

It doesn't look like it was done on purpose. They made these before the phone was released and just didn't realize where the screws would line up.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Just realize that the call quality that others hear when you call them could be affected.

It doesn't look like it was done on purpose. They made these before the phone was released and just didn't realize where the screws would line up.

It doesn't effect anything if you ever use voice recorder I mean voice is picked up clearly even whispering. As for the Speaker did you know it is in fact at times even louder when things are obstructing it, the sound has a ricochet effect.

Edit: besides there is a tiny gap and no the case doesn't sag or anything it's all rock hard and doesn't move, to top it off I've got a BSE underneath so all is nice and tight :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

AnthonySmith

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2011
Southern CA
Just got my charcoal grey Incipio Feather. I effing love this thing. I had it on my 4 and 4S and this is by far the best snap-like case out there.

Perfect case!

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Just received the Kicksnap case and back to the store it will go.
Why they made the cutout for the kickstand go all the way through the case is beyond me. Especially since its a bimaterial case.
I would have preferred that only the outer layer be cut.
As it is now, opening the kickstand exposes the back of the phone.
Bad, bad design that will only lead to trapped dirt and dust and eventual scratches to the phone.
:(

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Anyone have the Feather that can report on whether or not putting it on and taking it off scratches the aluminum? As well as dust caught underneath after a period of time damaging the phone?

bmwtech113

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Anyone have the Feather that can report on whether or not putting it on and taking it off scratches the aluminum? As well as dust caught underneath after a period of time damaging the phone?

I have the black feather I have not seen any scuffs from taking the case off or putting it on. But I will say that the fit of the case isn't perfect. The top left corner is loose, and I have recently noticed after having it for over a week now that at times when I pick the phone up I can here the case snap back into place like it was loose at different parts. The edges are pretty sharp too.

mscann

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2011
Got my NGP in the mail a couple days ago and wasn't impressed. I dont like how the holes are cut on the bottom and the sleep button is very hard to press. It was only $20 and would probably cost me a few bucks to return it so I am not going to bother

SmithErick

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2011
Greensboro, NC
Anyone have the black feather shine? If so, thoughts? Was looking to get this as my snap case choice. Also, has anyone seen this case locally in stores?

I have not seen it locally, I got one in with a shipment of stuff for my lil online store I started. PM me if you want it, I ended up using the Feather Gray...

35513144944-vi.jpg

35513132032-vi.jpg

06511827776-vi.jpg

rileys

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2012
Wifi Problems

I saw a Amazon review on the Galaxy S3 version say that the Feather Shine killed their wifi when in use. It could of easily been a fake review to discredit incipio but who knows. Does anyone else have any experience with this case?

I've had mine for quite a while on my iPhone 5 and it most certainly has wifi reception issues. I even took it to the Apple Store for a professional opinion. I'm not entirely sure why it is blocking data, because the coating is supposed to be radio transparent, but there is a definite problem. Incipio also will not respond to my emails. Very disappointed in their product and customer service. Another good brand has been ruined in my eyes. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.